Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Text Box HTML?

A long shot.

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Text Box HTML?

Postby DomingoRules! » Sun Aug 25 2019 8:57pm

I know it's highly unlikely, but I was wondering if anybody happens to know the precise HTML color for the text boxes in LoGI? I decided to start a Let's Play of the game (of course, a link to the first episode will be uploaded here when it's ready), and part of my Let's Plays has become chiming in with text statements; usually afterthoughts that didn't cross my mind while playing, or correcting mistakes I made, or just snide remarks about what's happening. When doing so, I've been trying to have my own text colors--both the writing and box--be suitable to the game, and in this case I'm going with white text on a blue canvas. I've been tweaking the background color to get it close as possible to that used in the game itself, but am wondering if anybody happens to know its exact color since the editing software has an HTML input for color selection. If so, then that information would be appreciated, otherwise I'll just get it close as I can using the dials.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Text Box HTML?

Postby Siel » Mon Aug 26 2019 6:54am

The 9-bit color data the game uses for the text boxes seems to be 014 for the blue background, 320&752&777&000 for the borders, and 000 for the text color. Converting this all to 24-bit (or HTML color), it approximates to about:

blue background: #002492
black outline: #000000
outer border: #6D4900
inner border: #FFB649
border&text: #FFFFFF

You could also just get these values through the SF1 Editor or using the color picking tool on a screenshot. In fact, the latter'll probably end up slightly more accurate to how the colors actually end up being represented.
Siel

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Text Box HTML?

Postby DomingoRules! » Mon Aug 26 2019 3:55pm

Thank you very much for the information. I didn't know I could collect that data using color selection, but after digging around a little bit I located the information, and was able to get it perfect.
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to Shining Force