Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force Graphic Upgrade v3.0e Released 07/01/19

Updated Character and Weapon sprites

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Re: Shining Force Graphic Upgrade v3.0d Released 02/01/19

Postby Runesamurai » Thu May 02 2019 2:21pm

If I might make a suggestion for one more thing to change other than graphics maybe class names?

I'm thinking:

HEAL -> PRST
ASKT -> RNGR

These make more sense IMO. Should also change Lyle's promoted class name to help prevent confusion with Guntz's class. Maybe BWKT? Or whatever May's class was in SF2 upon promotion.
Runesamurai

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby projectego » Fri May 10 2019 11:25am

So thrilled to follow and see the SFGU come so far! It's been a pleasure seeing your wok come together over time and being privy to the hard work you've put into this, Erikin. Now that I finally have some real time on my hands, I am really looking forward to seeing your work in action. Can't wait to see what you can do with the SF2 version! :p
SFMods.com: A community for mod authors to share graphical assets and resources for use with modding Shining Force and Shining Force II.

(Romans 12:1-2)
SFMods.com: A community for mod authors to share graphical assets and resources for use with modding Shining Force and Shining Force II.

(Romans 12:1-2)
projectego

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Red_Shine » Wed May 15 2019 12:13am

projectego wrote:So thrilled to follow and see the SFGU come so far! It's been a pleasure seeing your wok come together over time and being privy to the hard work you've put into this, Erikin. Now that I finally have some real time on my hands, I am really looking forward to seeing your work in action. Can't wait to see what you can do with the SF2 version! :p

Seconded. Bowie is especially egregiously bad, and it would be nice to be able to look at him in battle without sighing at the silliness of it all for a change.
Red_Shine

Re: Shining Force Graphic Upgrade v3.0e Released 07/01/19

Postby Erikin84 » Tue Jul 02 2019 5:25am

Hi everyone, I've been holding onto this update for a little while as I work on SF2GU but I hope you all enjoy it!
Erikin84

Postby Red_Shine » Fri Jul 12 2019 10:52am

Erikin84 wrote:Hi everyone, I've been holding onto this update for a little while as I work on SF2GU but I hope you all enjoy it!

Your work is awesome, as usual. You brought a level of polish to the SF1 sprites (battle sprites especially) that makes RotDD completely irrelevant to me (only plus the GBA version had to me were the graphics, never cared for the story changes).

For me the perfect SF1 experience would have your graphical improvements as a base plus Kane and Narsha as extra characters (Narsha was the one thing about RotDD that I liked) and some QoL changes SF2 introduced, like context sensitive commands.

I can't wait to see what you'll do to salvage Bowie on SF2; his dorky look compared to other heroes has always bothered me a lot. Other peeves I have with SF2 is how weird Sorcerers look; that style would have been fine for female ones (Taya fits it to a tee), but it is really jarring to me to see Kazin, or a weird old man like Tyrin sporting that shampoo commercial hair all of a sudden.

Lastly, the Jogurt Suit idea is both awesome and chuckle worthy at the same time
Red_Shine

Postby Melaniipon » Wed Jul 31 2019 2:26am

Um, hello. I'm mostly a lurker, but I'd like to know if there is anyway for this mod to work with any gameplay mods?

These would be ideal:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43076

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=21486

If not, having this with at least a bug-fixing patch would be alright:

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3168/

Each time I try any of these the game crashes right before we can name Max. It almost seemed to be working with the bug-fixing patch, until the battle sprites had to show up.

Thank you for any help!
Melaniipon

Postby Nash Vegas » Sun Aug 11 2019 6:01pm

I am enjoying this mod so far. First time I have ever played a modded version of the game. I was a little confused on how to setup the mod though until i read through all the posts. I first added the Kane mod and then the graphic mod only for it to crash on the first battle. Also when I did this Hans' name was Kane and he had the sword of darkness instead of a bow equipped. One question I have so far is Luke's portrait. Is he supposed to have the promoted portrait at the start?
Nash Vegas

Postby Erikin84 » Sat Aug 24 2019 9:12am

Nash Vegas wrote:I am enjoying this mod so far. First time I have ever played a modded version of the game. I was a little confused on how to setup the mod though until i read through all the posts. I first added the Kane mod and then the graphic mod only for it to crash on the first battle. Also when I did this Hans' name was Kane and he had the sword of darkness instead of a bow equipped. One question I have so far is Luke's portrait. Is he supposed to have the promoted portrait at the start?

When it comes to Shinining Force modding, you can only use one mod at a time. As a lot of the ones available are incompatible.
Erikin84

Previous

Return to Shining Force