Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

SF1 Editor

Updated 7/4/18 (v3.4.5)

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Re: SF1 Editor

Postby Siel » Tue Dec 08 2009 8:51pm

(v0.10.2)

For some reason, if the table for ranges is relocated by the editor's default outset (I haven't tried others), upon starting a new game and asked to input the hero's name, the screen will become black, with some graphical glitches. The game apparently goes on, since I could see tiny bits of Varios' face flickering. It also does this if a "new" game is continued (input a name, then reset). Everything goes fine until Max wakes up after being beaten up by Varios (the chapter logo, then Varios and Max fighting).

It seemed to work fine if I imported a range table that isn't relocated, so I tried making a saved state past Varios without relocating the table and then reloading it with the table relocated. It seemed to work fine, but it then glitched again after Luke's first line. The moving parts of the faces, the text box, and the sprites were displaying. Everything else was black, except for a duplicate text box behind the real text box. Interestingly, there was neither a delay nor a jingle when the text saying that Ken, Luke, Tao, Lowe, and Hans joined. After they joined, it was too glitchy to make out anything. Then, after Lowe maybe joined, the whole screen became black and nothing seemed to be happening.

Lowe-right-after-Varios' and the king's text boxes worked fine.

Since relocating the table is apparently only needed for adding more ranges, I'll just edit duplicate ranges for now.
Siel

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Flygon » Sun Dec 13 2009 11:33am

I await the advanced text editor, I already have a basic script written down (And potentially a completely 'new' game assuming I do this right, apart from the graphics of course).

Just posting to add motivation. :)
The hexman of #sf2hack
#sf2hack @ irc.darkmyst.org wrote:Lord_Oddeye: GET TO THE CHOPPER
Destructiox: :D
* Wiz has quit (Exit: Quitte)
Flygon: Oh, now look what you did
Destructiox: ;_;
Flygon: Wiz actually got in the chopper
The hexman of #sf2hack
Flygon

Powered by Jets
Shining Hero

Postby katgirlfeli » Wed Dec 23 2009 9:27pm

rubixcuber @ Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:12 pm) wrote: The two most obvious things to do are to keep MP capped at 99 or to disable the infinite MP altogether. Perhaps have a couple of optional ways of doing it in the editor...

So whenever MP > 99, then that means Infinite MP? There should be another Byte value that probably determines that. Its probably easier to modify how much MP is used for skills and MP growths instead of affecting Max MP then.

Nice updates while I was away again~ wowing, new super mario bros wii, work, etc~
katgirlfeli

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Flygon » Wed Dec 23 2009 11:24pm

No, it is only if the MP is 100 that it is unlimited.

If it is higher, it actually glitches the bar (But otherwise works properly), trust me, I found out from personal experience. ;)
The hexman of #sf2hack
The hexman of #sf2hack
Flygon

Powered by Jets
Shining Hero

Postby katgirlfeli » Thu Dec 24 2009 12:20am

Then, maybe we could find a find the value that determines 100 = Infinite MP and change that to another value or something. I guess its not really important if MP goes into ridiculous values~ a mana pool is as large as the number of times you can cast your spells~ If all your spells cost 1, then 99 MP will last you a long time :D
katgirlfeli

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Flygon » Tue Dec 29 2009 3:34am

If I wasn't so busy, I would go around to finding that (Enemies with higher MP values do interest me), but I do recall the game not liking trying to display higher MP values.

Incidentally, does ANYONE know where rubixcuber has gone? He hasn't signed into AIM for a while.
The hexman of #sf2hack
The hexman of #sf2hack
Flygon

Powered by Jets
Shining Hero

Postby rubixcuber » Wed Dec 30 2009 5:28am

Sorry, busy with holidays and such. Will probably get back into things in the next week or so.
rubixcuber

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Flygon » Wed Dec 30 2009 8:07am

Ah, I was worried about you.

A rubixcuber can't rubixcube in hospital now. ;) Anyway, I'm thankful you're still around, I really was actually genuinely worried.
The hexman of #sf2hack
The hexman of #sf2hack
Flygon

Powered by Jets
Shining Hero

Postby LordOddEye » Wed Jan 20 2010 12:29am

is there a way to actually create a different sprite for characters.
Creator of the Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict Remake:

https://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40095
Creator of the Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict Remake:

https://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40095
LordOddEye

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby rubixcuber » Wed Jan 20 2010 1:00am

Not yet, but it may be coming up soon. There's a bit of a vote going on here:

http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/i ... opic=15874

Check the last couple of posts.
rubixcuber

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Rusty » Sat Feb 13 2010 10:43pm

Good stuff indeed
Rusty

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby TaoForever » Tue Mar 09 2010 4:54pm

Is there maybe an easier to use SF1 editor out there? Maybe similar to the SF2Edit one? That one was really simple to use, and you could do a lot of stuff with it.

With this one, there are a lot of things I either don't understand or just can't get to work.
TaoForever

Postby Flygon » Tue Mar 09 2010 9:16pm

This is the only editor out there, really.

I simply don't understand why, but people seem magnetically attracted to hacking Shining Force II, hence the lack of attention to the first game.
The hexman of #sf2hack
The hexman of #sf2hack