Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

SF1 Editor

Updated 7/4/18 (v3.4.5)

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Re: SF1 Editor

Postby katgirlfeli » Sat May 22 2010 2:22pm

CajNatalie @ Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:24 am) wrote: I'm not sure what this 'certain distance' is, but it could be a number of squares equal to the monster's movement

I remember playing with this a while ago and determined the movement (if i remember correctly) to be 2xMOV - 1 (or it might have been - 2). If the enemy is any further away, it wont come closer or attempt to approach the force. That was only calculated against Seabats which fly, and the Weed golem monster Flygon implemented in his mod, so Land Effect could affect this value.
katgirlfeli

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby CajNatalie » Sat May 22 2010 4:25pm

Edit: Wait a second, I went back and looked at the post you quoted... you were talking about something completely different from what I thought.

I thought you were talking about how close you have to be to an enemy to draw it out (which is on my mind a lot when I solo, so I somehow assumed you quoted me talking about that). XD

To be honest, I'd totally forgotten about that aspect of behavior 1 you were talking about, since I never use it. >_>

But here's my original useless tl;dr post...
WARNING: SPOILER!
I'm ill.
I make mistakes (and talk/type weirder than usual) when I'm sick. :damnit:
They're alive; back from the dead!
SF1 Stat Growth Spreadsheets: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25645
Use them alongside the SF1 Editor when modding. :thumbsup:
CajNatalie

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Siel » Sat May 22 2010 7:36pm

CajNatalie @ Sat May 22, 2010 11:25 am) wrote:...however, the behavior seems to be a little weird when varying terrain lies between you and the enemy. In Battle 3, Rune Knights will approach you once you stand close enough in the patch of grass south of where the 3 Giant Bats were... but if you do it right, you can stay in the same spot and have a single Rune Knight approach you for 2 turns, and yet it will not be able to attack you unless it takes a THIRD turn approaching (which means the value used in this specific case is higher than 2xEffectiveMove).
This means either the equation is not that simple regarding land effect when multiple terrain types are present... or it's just a bug... or perhaps it only takes into account the terrain the enemy is currently standing on, and ignores all terrain along the way?

This is intriguing. Could you specify where exactly your character was? I took a map from GameFAQs and drew on it to show how far the closest knight can move in 2 turns.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2wme0is.png

P.S. Oh, and for enemies with a ranged attack or a spell... I believe the radius in which you have to step in to before they approach increases by 1 (possibly regardless of the range of their arrow/spell, since I've never been able to get a Demon Master to approach and fail to get close enough to cast Freeze 3... if I stand 1 space too far for them to cast it on me, they never seem to approach). :eyebrow:

I don't understand what you are saying here. First you say the radius becomes 2*Move+1 regardless of arrow/spell range, but you then say they won't approach unless it's Move+Spell?
Siel

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby CajNatalie » Sat May 22 2010 8:12pm

Siel @ Sat May 22, 2010 6:36 pm) wrote: This is intriguing. Could you specify where exactly your character was? I took a map from GameFAQs and drew on it to show how far the closest knight can move in 2 turns.
http://i49.tinypic.com/2wme0is.png

Though I didn't stand in the same spot on my second turn in the video, if you watch where Max moves to during his turn at 8:36, and then watch the movement range of the Rune Knight on its second turn, you'll see that it wouldn't be able to attack Max if he had stayed put.
In this case, the Rune Knight would have had to move twice its range given the terrain and then 1 more space. Even though I've seen no other enemy show such behavior (they'd all've all been able to attack on their second turn of pursuit providing the target stayed put).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOtBqkwq12I
Now here's a picture showing where Max was stood...

Siel @ Sat May 22, 2010 6:36 pm) wrote: I don't understand what you are saying here. First you say the radius becomes 2*Move+1 regardless of arrow/spell range, but you then say they won't approach unless it's Move+Spell?
Oh, sorry... I didn't explain too well... it's something odd about the final battle of Chapter 7... the Demon Masters in the forest won't approach you unless they can hit you with Freeze 3 within ONE turn, which makes me believe that ability to perform a ranged attack determines +1 ONLY, regardless of range of arrow/spell (i.e. you can't stand out of range to lure the enemy safely... but instead must go closer... where if they had a range-2 attack they wouldn't hit you on their first turn, but with a range-3 they can).
I didn't contradict myself. I'm just completely unable to communicate clearly right now. :p
Anyways, this is only memory from soloing, though... and I've never put much thought in to it... I just deal with it and let them freeze me. So I may have some (or maybe all) details wrong here (this is purely shallow speculation).

Edit: Or maybe, enemies with a ranged attack won't approach unless you're within the radius of Move+3?
Since if 2xMove +1 is true, then those Demon Masters, who can move 3 spaces in the forest, would be able to be lured safely without risk of being Freeze 3'd (2xMove +1 = 7, which is out of range of a Demon Master moving 3 spaces and casting 3 spaces out)... now that I actually think about it. :eyebrow:
CajNatalie

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Siel » Sat May 22 2010 9:37pm

CajNatalie @ Sat May 22, 2010 3:12 pm) wrote:Though I didn't stand in the same spot on my second turn in the video, if you watch where Max moves to during his turn at 8:36, and then watch the movement range of the Rune Knight on its second turn, you'll see that it wouldn't be able to attack Max if he had stayed put.
In this case, the Rune Knight would have had to move twice its range given the terrain and then 1 more space. Even though I've seen no other enemy show such behavior (they'd all've all been able to attack on their second turn of pursuit providing the target stayed put).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOtBqkwq12I
Now here's a picture showing where Max was stood...

Maybe it calculated its own movement range using the terrain it was currently on, instead of where it'd actually walk on, just as you've said? Where you killed the bat from was 15 squares away from the rune knight, which would be 1 off from move*2.

Oh, sorry... I didn't explain too well... it's something odd about the final battle of Chapter 7... the Demon Masters in the forest won't approach you unless they can hit you with Freeze 3 within ONE turn, which makes me believe that ability to perform a ranged attack determines +1 ONLY, regardless of range of arrow/spell (i.e. you can't stand out of range to lure the enemy safely... but instead must go closer... where if they had a range-2 attack they wouldn't hit you on their first turn, but with a range-3 they can).
I didn't contradict myself. I'm just completely unable to communicate clearly right now. :p
Anyways, this is only memory from soloing, though... and I've never put much thought in to it... I just deal with it and let them freeze me. So I may have some (or maybe all) details wrong here (this is purely shallow speculation).

Edit: Or maybe, enemies with a ranged attack won't approach unless you're within the radius of Move+3?
Since if 2xMove +1 is true, then those Demon Masters, who can move 3 spaces in the forest, would be able to be lured safely without risk of being Freeze 3'd (2xMove +1 = 7, which is out of range of a Demon Master moving 3 spaces and casting 3 spaces out)... now that I actually think about it. :eyebrow:

Following the move*2 rule, a demon master in a forest advances once you're within 6 spaces (3*2). If Max is 6 spaces away and it advances by 3, Max would be in its range for freeze 3. If I understand your situation correctly, then it just seems to be a coincidence (3 move * 2 = 6 squares, 3 move + 3 range = 6 squares).
Siel

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby CajNatalie » Sat May 22 2010 11:04pm

It wasn't where I killed the bat... it's where I moved to immediately after killing the bat, triggering the first lure.
But anyways...
Siel @ Sat May 22, 2010 8:37 pm) wrote: Following the move*2 rule, a demon master in a forest advances once you're within 6 spaces (3*2). If Max is 6 spaces away and it advances by 3, Max would be in its range for freeze 3. If I understand your situation correctly, then it just seems to be a coincidence (3 move * 2 = 6 squares, 3 move + 3 range = 6 squares).

Snipers.

In the Road to Manarina, the Snipers approach when you stand outside of the Movex2 radius (they have 2 move in the desert, making the radius 4). If they only approached if I were within a radius of 4 squares away, then they would be able to shoot me if I came near... but I've always been able to lure them from 5 squares, and therefore be one square outside of their firing range. :)
Hence my belief that it's different for ranged units.

Same applies to the Dark Mages in this battle.

However, now I remember the Ramladu battle... and how I can lure Torch Eyes, it definitely can't be Move+3 for ranged types... so complicated...
...and...
...so off topic. XD

Back on Topic... this editor ish fantastic. :p
CajNatalie

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Siel » Sun May 23 2010 12:17am

It wasn't where I killed the bat... it's where I moved to immediately after killing the bat, triggering the first lure.
But anyways...

Oh, my second sentence wasn't referring to what actually happened in the video. What I meant was that if you had moved Max one space from where you killed the bat, the rune knight might have advanced, since Max would then have been 14 spaces away (if move*2 using the terrain it's currently on is true).

As for the rest of your reply, I haven't played through the actual SF1 since years ago and I didn't specifically remember ranged enemies doing that. It might be caused by the differing of triggers used for their AI?
SF1CL v2.1.1
SF2CA v1.2.1
SF1CL v2.1.1
SF2CA v1.2.1
Siel

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby CajNatalie » Sun May 23 2010 4:08am

Siel @ Sat May 22, 2010 11:17 pm) wrote: As for the rest of your reply, I haven't played through the actual SF1 since years ago and I didn't specifically remember ranged enemies doing that. It might be caused by the differing of triggers used for their AI?

Nope, triggers can only tell enemies to not pursue... they can't tell them to pursue an extra space.

Going back to the Road to Manarina battle again...
The snipers and first dark mage all use the same trigger as each-other.
The final two dark mages and all the zombies use the same trigger as each-other.
Being able to draw one out means you can draw all out.
Being able to cause one to go to a specific location and just stand like a moron means all others will go to their idiot-spots, too. :thumbsup:

This goes back to what I said about the 3 enemy AIs.
One is idiot/goto mode, one is attack mode, one is patrol mode.
Nothing else. =/
CajNatalie

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Doomblade66 » Sun May 23 2010 1:58pm

It is (from my Mod testing // results) Move * 2 for an enemy to determine if they will activate and come at you, when they are set on "Smart AI" (Editor related).

So if an enemy has Move-5....if you approach to within 9-10 blocks of them, they will generally "activate" and start moving towards you, if they are able to. As Caj noted, this seems to be based on what their move is at the moment - as a result of Land Effect %, not what their actual "listed" move is.

So if an enemy has Move-5 and would normally "activate" when you move within 10 squares of him on Land-Effect-0 ground (no penalties).....if he is on 30% Forest, instead, and limited to move 3 as his max range...he will not start moving towards you until you're within 5-6 squares of him (3 x 2 = 6 for "Threat Range").
Doomblade66

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby CajNatalie » Wed May 26 2010 9:08pm

Does anyone know what the difference between 1 and 2 is in the 13th page (the one with the muddle, detox, and bolt symbols on its button) of the editor is?
As far as they know, they're both 'Attack'... but they're different.
So in what way are they different?

Anyone know?
CajNatalie

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Doomblade66 » Wed May 26 2010 10:06pm

Here's a list of "effects" from that sub-section of the Editor that one of the other members had discovered during testing. It's actually in this thread - I think - somewhere in the earlier pages, and I can't recall who it was who did the work, but here's what (she) found:

00 - Normal Attack (ATK based, Normal Animation) // Could be useful to give to an archer to give them an AOE Normal Attack Shot if combined with an AOE range :D Maybe help give Hans and Diane an edge.
01 - Normal Attack, has Hanzou's Instant Kill effect on chance (Hanzou did this right? Or was it Musashi?... haven't played in so long, though i started a new game recently)
02 - Normal Attack (No immediately seen differences, but may have something added like 01)
03 - MP Sap (Demon Rod), will state "The Healing Herb is making a weird noise!" then saps about 2-4 MP from the Enemy. Unfortunately, in an AOE scenario, it will sap MP from each enemy, but you will only gain MP from the enemy you last stole MP from. A shame..
04 - A set damage attack doing around 12-13 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
05 - A set damage attack doing around 16-18 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
06 - A set damage attack doing around 21-23 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
07 - A set damage attack doing around 14-16 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
08 - A set damage attack doing around 18-20 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
09 - A set damage attack doing around 22-25 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
10 - A set damage attack doing around 12-15 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
11 - A set damage attack doing around 17-19 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
12 - A set damage attack doing around 19-22 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
13 - A set damage attack doing around 24-28 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
14 - Laser Eye Attack, Damage set around 11-14. Character does Normal Attack Animation on first attack only. Text on first attack will say "(Fire)".
15 - Heals targets for 8-9 HP (Medicinal Herb effect). No character animation.
16 - Heals targets for 17-18 HP (Healing Seed effect). No character animation.

17 - "But Nothing Happens", May possibly be Antidote's use effect. No character animation.
18 - Heals targets for 37-44 HP (Shower of Cure effect). No character animation.
19 - "Something happens to <target>...". Has no effect on enemies, but will Yogurtize Allies. Kinda funny once rolling through all the allies you target, and it shows yourself as Yogurt at the end of the spell. Can be used in AOE just fine.
20 - Heals targets for 12-14 HP (Heal 1 Effect). Uses casting animation and displays fairy over allies, even when healing enemies. Does not gain EXP for healing enemies.
21 - Heals targets for 12-14 HP (Heal 2 Effect). Casting Animation, Fairy, No Exp Gain healing enemies.
22 - Heals targets for 24-29 HP (Heal 3 Effect). Casting Animation, Fairy, No Exp Gain healing enemies.
23 - Heals targets to full HP (Heal 4 Effect). Casting Animation, Fairy, No Exp Gain healing enemies.
24 - Heals targets for 12-14 HP (Aura 1 Effect). Casting Animation, Fairy, No Exp Gain healing enemies.
25 - Heals targets for 12-14 HP (Aura 2 Effect). Casting Animation, Fairy, No Exp Gain healing enemies.
26 - Heals targets for 25-27 HP (Aura 3 Effect). Casting Animation, Fairy, No Exp Gain healing enemies.
27 - Heals targets for 37-44 HP (Aura 4 Effect). Casting Animation, Fairy, No Exp Gain healing enemies.

28 - Cures Poison (Detox 1 Effect), Casting Animation, Green Orb
29 - Cures Muddle, Silence, and Sleep (Detox 2 Effect). Not sure if it can still cure Poison also, wasn't tested ><. No one actually learns Detox 2 in game.
30 - Increases Agility and Defense by 10 (Quick Effect).
31 - Chance to Decreases Agility and Defense by 10 (Slow Effect).
32 - Increases Attack by 15 (Boost Effect).
33 - Chance to Silence Targets (Dispel Effect).
34 - Casts Shield on Target (Shield Effect).
35 - Chance to Muddle targets (Muddle Effect). Muddle on affected targets never really did anything in game, did it?
36 - Deals 6-7 Fire Damage (Blaze 1).
37 - Deals 8-9 Fire Damage (Blaze 2).
36 - Deals 12-13 Fire Damage (Blaze 3).
39 - Deals 36-37 Fire Damage (Blaze 4).
40 - Deals 8-9 Ice Damage (Freeze 1).
41 - Deals 10-11 Ice Damage (Freeze 2).
42 - Deals 15-16 Ice Damage (Freeze 3).
43 - Deals 42-47 Ice Damage (Freeze 4).
44 - Deals 11-13 Lightning Damage (Bolt 1).
45 - Deals 13-15 Lightning Damage (Bolt 2).
46 - Deals 20-23 Lightning Damage (Bolt 3).
47 - Deals 51-56 Lightning Damage (Bolt 4).
48 - Chance to Instantly Kill Target (Desoul 1 Effect).
49 - Chance to Instantly Kill Target (Desoul 2 Effect).

50 - Fully Heals Target, Performs Casting Animation, but no Healing Fairy.
51 - Fully Heals Target, Performs Casting Animation, but no Healing Fairy.
52 - Chance to put target to Sleep (Sleep Effect).
53 - Permanently Increases Attack by 1-2 (Power Water effect). Works on enemies.
54 - Permanently Increases Defense by 1-2 ( effect). Works on enemies.
55 - Permanently Increases Agility by 1-2 (Quick Chicken effect). Works on enemies.
56 - Permanently Increases Move by 1 (Turbo Pepper effect). Works on Enemies.
57 - Permanently Increases HP by 2 (Bread of Life effect). Works on Enemies.
58 - "<User> casts the Demon Blaze!" doing 25-28 damage. Uses Normal Attack Animation on first attack (No flying skulls or anything though).
59 - "All Traces of Poison are removed from <User>". Does an attack animation to each enemy, but doesn't appear to do anything to them.
60-63 - Crashes Game.
64 - "<User> Checks The Doors!", then "Warmup Sequence initiated! 10 seconds... 9..." for each attacking target. Does no damage, does Normal Attack animation after "Warmup Sequence" text. Repeated uses doesn't change anything (just in case the countdown sequence continued on repeated uses).
65-80 - Crashes Game.
81 - "User Attacks!", does Normal Attack Animation, but doesn't do anything after.
82-88 - Crashes Game.
89 - "I'd have fought, if I could, but all i'm good at is buying and selling.", performs Normal Attack animation and nothing else.
90-95 - Crashes Game.
96 - "A stunning attack! <User> suffers 3 points of damage!". No damage is ever done, Does normal attack animation and effectively nothing happens.
97 - "The HEAL spell ends, The Magic Curtain is removed from <Target>", then user does Casting Animation, then game crashes.
98-110 - Game Crashes.
111 - "<User> checks the doors!", then normal attack animation. Essentially does nothing.
112-153 - Game Crashes.
154 - "<User> looks into the well, ", normal animation. Essentially does nothing.
155-168 - Game Crashes.
169 - "<User> checks the doors!", normal attack animation, then "<Target> is defeated!", though no damage is done and nothing dies. Essentially does nothing.
170-179 - Game Crashes.
180 - Opens "Now, who gets it? and opens a trade window. This basically opens up the Headquarters menu as if you were talking to Nova there. Once you're done with this menu, the game crashes.
181-182 - Game Crashes.
183 - "Nothing is unusual.", normal attack animation. Essentially nothing happens.
184-192 - Game Crashes.
193 - "<User> uses <Spell Lv X>!" then displays "Who will use the Medical Herb?", then battle ends with nothing happening. Crashes game if used on multiple targets.
194 - Game Crashes
195 - "<User> casts the Demon Blaze!", normal attack animation, Essentially does nothing.
196-238 - Game Crashes.
239 - "But the Medical Herb Splits in Half!", Spell Cast animation, Essentially does nothing.
240-253 - Game Crashes.

------------------------------------
------------------------------------

* Most of these are trouble and will mess the game or crash it - so you don't want to mess with them. The major ones that are useful for Mod creation I have put in Bold to make them stand out. Changing those numbers changes the damage potential for the spells or enemy special attacks, for example. Other changes will change the "Power" of Heal Spells or Healing Items, for instance.

The 01- is the "chance to instantly kill" effect. You'll notice by default that this is the special effect that is listed next to the Doom Blade :thumbsup: - in the Item/Weapon section of the Editor.

You can add the chance for an instant kill to weapons by adding "01" to it - though I think the resistance to Desoul spell effects if they will be more or less likely to die from that effect on any given attack. It's a very low %-chance anyways, just think of the number of times you have attacked with Hanzou or someone with a Doom Blade in normal playthroughs of SF-1....and the number of times the instant-kill went off. Not too much, I'd bet. It's gotta be less than 5%, seemingly, so not a huge deal either way.

Most of the other numbers from 05 to 13 are enemy Special Attacks, like the Hellhound's Firebreath, or the Blue Dragon's Ice Breath. I know which are which, from my own testing and a more detailed post from the guy who created this list, but I can't remember them right at the moment. I do know that "Effect-13" is Darksol's Demon Blaze attack spell. I don't think anyone ever figured out which Effect was Dark Dragon's Demon Blaze - which annoyed me as it meant I could not edit the damage that his version would do - meaning it would do its default 25-30ish damage.

Hope this info helps !

Doomblade66

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby CajNatalie » Wed May 26 2010 10:26pm

It does help.

And thanks to what you mentioned about the Doom Blade, I've also discovered that effect 2 is the Chaos Breaker attack.
Essentially I assume that this means if Max gets a final attack with 'effect 2' on Dark Dragon, the "Finishing Blow" animation will be shown.
And in my own brief test, I noticed that all the 'breath attacks' involved a pause in the attack animation, instead of the user just flicking back to their normal stance right away (with exception to number 12, for some reason).

On a side note, a couple of things caught my eye...
50 is incorrect... it's actually Egress.
99, from what I thought, was the Forbidden Box. But if it crashed the game, then maybe it can only be used in a certain way to avoid crashing (i.e. from an item itself)?

Anyways, thank you, and thanks to the person who went through all the trouble of researching this data. :)

It's a shame it's still a mystery where Dark Dragon's Demon Breath, the Ominous Incantation, and Demon Smile are, though. :(
;_;
CajNatalie

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Siel » Thu May 27 2010 12:07am

I think it was katgirlfeli who posted about the effects. I did a quick search and found some posts, but couldn't find the post that linked to a .txt file (I think there was one?).

http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/i ... ntry413283
http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/i ... ntry414251

Edit: Ah, I also found a post I made after trying out the different columns in the effect editor (and an approximation of how EXP is calculated).

http://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/i ... ntry429626
Siel

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby katgirlfeli » Thu May 27 2010 1:55am

Doomblade66 @ Wed May 26, 2010 10:06 pm) wrote: 04 - A set damage attack doing around 12-13 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
05 - A set damage attack doing around 16-18 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
06 - A set damage attack doing around 21-23 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
07 - A set damage attack doing around 14-16 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
08 - A set damage attack doing around 18-20 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
09 - A set damage attack doing around 22-25 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
10 - A set damage attack doing around 12-15 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
11 - A set damage attack doing around 17-19 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
12 - A set damage attack doing around 19-22 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.
13 - A set damage attack doing around 24-28 damage, uses Normal Attack animation.

The information you're using might be outdated, i thought i updated 04-13 with proper values~

Values 04-13 are used for Monster Special Attacks (such as Cerberus's Flame Attack, Chaos' Laser Attack, Armed Skeleton's Chaingun Attack, etc)... If i can't find the file, maybe I can re-enter this in.

I might have reformatted since so i might not have the file i updated anymore though >_> i posted earlier and said -1, but i don't really remember (and that's before Land Effect) x.x

CajNatalie @ Wed May 26, 2010 10:26 pm) wrote:50 is incorrect... it's actually Egress.

50 is indeed Egress ONLY if the Area of Effect you choose is also 50 (at least, that's how I remember it). For other values, you'll get the Healing effect that I mentioned.

The same goes for the Mysterious Box that gets you all to level 20, the effect ID and Area ID must be correct or it just does some other goofy thing.
katgirlfeli

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby CajNatalie » Thu May 27 2010 2:10am

+1 :thumbsup:
Well thanks again Kat.

Anyways, to Doomblade here, so modifying value 13 doesn't alter Dark Dragon's Demon Breath?
What about modifying 58 (oh wait... that would require hex, since it's one value beyond the editor's range)? :damnit:
...but still... it should be possible to locate the address using the offset data provided in the editor. :p

And to everyone... ish there any chance anyone's figured out value 10's identity? :3
CajNatalie

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby katgirlfeli » Thu May 27 2010 2:19am

Also what you listed about movement Caj is fine. I only tested on Seabats and another monster and both were unaffected by Land Effect (due to Flying for one, and 0% land effect for the other). If you did any testing yourself WITH Land Effect, then you went further than I did. I did always assume that they had to be able to reach the force with 2 turns or they wouldn't bother, though you seem to have found exceptions so it may not be that simple.
katgirlfeli

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Doomblade66 » Thu May 27 2010 2:22am

Yes - it WAS Katgirlfeli.

For some reason, I could not remember the name, but I "knew" it was a girl who did the leg-work on that info.

Funny thing is, I am not sure if Katgirl IS actually a girl, but wanted to give credit where due. ;)

And yes - Katgirl gave the updated chart just above - so that's the one that tells you what monsters special attack each refers to. It was exceptionally helpful in forging the Challenge Mod, so much thanks to Katgirl, yet again.

** Personally, I always felt Effect-10 was the "Ominous Incantation" that the Evil Puppets and sometimes Mishaela (I think) ....use on you to "steal HP". No confirmation though, and I could be wrong - it's such a rarely seen attack anyways, I never worried too much about it. **
Doomblade66

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby katgirlfeli » Thu May 27 2010 2:27am

I am a guy, i just happen to use a girly name here. Normally i'm darkwolf777.

I don't think I overlooked Ominous Incantation when testing Effect 10, but maybe I did, it'd be worth trying I guess~. I think the coding for it would be similar to 04 though, where its a script that occurs elsewhere with a set value outside the normal for these attacks, but who can say x.o I had determined that it did around 12-15 Damage, but I don't think Ominous Incantation was that strong though. Most of the Force would die in a hit at that level x.o;

Giving a Force Member an HP stealing ability wouldn't be so bad right, but I wouldn't know how the enemies' scripts are called nor how it could be set up for a force member to use.

The MP stealing ability of the Demon Rod isn't with the attack data, so its a value determined elsewhere x.o I don't think that value was found yet.

I wonder if there are other ways to inflict ailments through the skill editor. I would like to have a Poison spell too, since no one on the force can actually inflict Poison. There are probably modifiers in the enemy attack data/scripts that cause this but I dunno if Force members have the same information in their attacks, and if they do if those values had been found at all ><
katgirlfeli

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby rubixcuber » Thu May 27 2010 2:47am

Wow, it's busy in here.

Anyways, I haven't messed with it in a while, but by my notes you can have a chance of causing poison by using effect 5 and sleep by effect 6.

I also seem to have Ominous Incantation listed as 3-4.

I should probably actually try to verify some of that, but just throwing that out for now.

Edit: Yeah, the effects 5 and 6 rely on another flag, so not sure how to make those work with spells.

But if you use the class editor, you can give one of the classes like SDMN the poison chance on hit.

You'll see on enemies like the zombie, it has a Special of 5 and Special Attack checked, which is what gives it the poison attack.

Edit2: And Ominous Incantation is implemented as a special of 3 or 4. I don't remember off hand, the special values I was thinking used the same effects table, but I suppose they might actually be something entirely different.

Edit3: Also, I'm back for the moment, not sure for how long. Going to take a crack at decompressing the map data tonight.
rubixcuber

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby katgirlfeli » Thu May 27 2010 3:08am

It would appear you could but only for specific classes (since adding a Special Attack modifier only seems available to Monsters and Classes (under that editor))

So it would seem that likely through that you can get a CLASS to perform Sleep/Poison with normal attacks, but it woudn't appear as something you can apply to Spells or Weapons though, which limits it.

I wouldn't mind Domingo being a Poisonous Jellyfish thing though, would be amusing x3

I myself believe that the Special Attack modifiers refer to some section of code, separate from the effects we've seen for Spells / Special Monster attacks that are basically damage driven, etc.

Turning that Special Attack on to that specific number references some other code we having found yet, determining what the attack may do in addition (like Poison/Sleep) or change the normal attack entirely (turning into Ominous Incantation for example).

It might be easier to say that when there is a chance on a normal attack (for a Enemy anyway, with the Special Attack box checked), they may choose to do an entirely seperate attack (called up by the Special Attack ID number) then perform that attack. Problem though is that this doesn't seem to include alternate Special moves like Fire/Ice breath, etc, which may be another value entirely (Since Ice Worms can sometimes Sleep (by having Special Attack checked with a value of 6), but they can also cast Ice Breath randomly, so monster data may have something missing that determines that too but i dunno where x.x)

Update: Checking the Spell Data for Sleep (Default ID is 52), it does have a value of 6 under the third ?. Perhaps changing this to 5 can cause the Sleep Spell to be a Poison Spell instead? Could be interesting :3c If that's the case, perhaps changing it to 3 could make a Force Member do Ominous Incantation as a spell... maybe :< Noticing again, Spell 33 uses 3, so that might be for Dispel's use, and Spell 34 seems to be Shield so perhaps if that is the value, neither are for Incantation, or maybe these values mean nothing to Status Aliments/Special Attacks and its just coincidence x.x

Update 2: Changing Sleep to 6 only caused Spell to Muddle instead :<
katgirlfeli

Shining Member
Shining Member

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force