Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force Podcast

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Shining Force Podcast

Postby dmcgarr213 » Mon Jun 24 2019 2:36am

Hello, Shining Force fans! Jeremy Doolin and I have created a new Shining Force Podcast. We would really appreciate it if you would give it a listen and spread the word. We plan on releasing an episode once a month. Our first episode just dropped and you can check it out here. https://shiningpod.podbean.com/

We are also interested in interview other turn-based RPG game designers and others as guests. Please check out the podcast and message me here or on Twitter at https://twitter.com/McGarrMentions

We are also open to topics or episode ideas for future episodes. Thank you again! Let's do our best to bring this game back to the relevance it deserves!
dmcgarr213

Re: Shining Force Podcast

Postby Urgat » Tue Jun 25 2019 10:59am

Just listened to it and I really really liked it although for me you could have gone a little more indept in your review but I understand you wanted to give a first impression with a "short" review and there is so much to talk about. I have to admit I am no podcast person but I am really looking forward to the next episode.

An idea for the future topics for me are some of the awesome mods (hacks) you find in these forums or on sfmods.com.

I am a long time fan since the first game came out and I have played both first games plenty of times.
Urgat

Postby dmcgarr213 » Wed Jun 26 2019 1:17am

Hey! Thank you so much for giving us a listen. I wasn't really a podcast person either then I got a long commute for my work and they became my saving grace.

We are definitely going to have some pretty deep dives in future episodes. I have some rough plans that include favorite battles and characters, diving into the theories that tie the games together, and a bunch more ideas along those lines. We will also look into mods and in-game secrets. Stay Tuned!

I think you are really going to like future episodes!
dmcgarr213

Postby Lobo » Fri Jun 28 2019 8:20pm

Nice work!
It just make us want to play the game, which is one of the best things you can hope, I think.

The same goes for the Ballad of Thuriana.
Hope it develops well and gets launched in time.

As for future episodes, you should really try some mods and see how far Shining Force can go!
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby DVthemaster » Fri Jun 28 2019 10:52pm

I'm excited to listen to this, always thought the concept of a podcast based on the Shining series would be cool.
:thumbsup:
:thumbsup:
DVthemaster

Postby vids78 » Wed Jul 10 2019 7:59pm

Listening now. Thank you for creating this! Looking forward to future episodes.
vids78

Postby dmcgarr213 » Fri Jul 19 2019 11:24am

The new episode is available now! https://shiningpod.podbean.com/ check it out! Thanks!
dmcgarr213

Return to Shining Force