Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

SHINING FORCE - BROTHERS MOD *v3.0 is out now!*

Kane has joined the force! Come out and play!

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

Re: SHINING FORCE - BROTHERS MOD *v3.0 is out now!*

Postby Runesamurai » Sun May 13 2018 7:56am

If I might make a few suggestions for this mod:

1. Personal weapons for Elliot and Balbazak as well.
2. The Imperial Mace and the other Personal weapons for the villain bosses get dropped upon defeat. And the Imperial Mace is equippable by the Gladiators.
3. The enemy exclusive weapons like the Levanter etc. can be used/equipped by the force and show up when used/equipped by them. I would say just make the Levanter look like it does in Shining Force 2 to save trouble.
4. Some Force Members get their own personal weapons as well like in Fire Emblem. I picture Anri having a scepter and Luke having a hatchet etc. The Power Staff looks like a scepter and she comes equipped with it so I think I know where they were going with this. I think Anri's personal weapon should be called "Royal Scepter" .
5. Some of the Knuckle weapons that the Master Monks from Shining Force 2 used to help make Gong more useful.
6. More Weapons from Shining Force 2 because why not?
Runesamurai

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lobo » Mon May 14 2018 3:18pm

Well, I can't promise most of them, as there are limits in terms of number for most things, like items, sprites and animations.
Some of your ideas, like the Levanter and the Imperial Mace being equippable, may come to happen in the future. :thumbsup:

Next update will feature some nice add-ons though.
Like this one:
JogurtAttacks.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Erikin84 » Mon May 14 2018 4:23pm

Runesamurai wrote:If I might make a few suggestions for this mod:

1. Personal weapons for Elliot and Balbazak as well.
2. The Imperial Mace and the other Personal weapons for the villain bosses get dropped upon defeat. And the Imperial Mace is equippable by the Gladiators.
3. The enemy exclusive weapons like the Levanter etc. can be used/equipped by the force and show up when used/equipped by them. I would say just make the Levanter look like it does in Shining Force 2 to save trouble.
4. Some Force Members get their own personal weapons as well like in Fire Emblem. I picture Anri having a scepter and Luke having a hatchet etc. The Power Staff looks like a scepter and she comes equipped with it so I think I know where they were going with this. I think Anri's personal weapon should be called "Royal Scepter" .
5. Some of the Knuckle weapons that the Master Monks from Shining Force 2 used to help make Gong more useful.
6. More Weapons from Shining Force 2 because why not?

For the personal weapons...it’s feasible... we’d need to do what we did with Kane’s weapons and apply that same logic to everyone else. And adjust the attack growth curve to compensate for the lack of new weapons being equipped. It could be done, but some concessions may have to be made in order to be implemented...this will have to be thought about in depth first
Erikin84

Postby Runesamurai » Tue May 15 2018 2:14am

Lobo wrote:Well, I can't promise most of them, as there are limits in terms of number for most things, like items, sprites and animations.
Some of your ideas, like the Levanter and the Imperial Mace being equippable, may come to happen in the future. :thumbsup:

Like this one:
JogurtAttacks.PNG

I feel like I've seen this Jogurt before in a different mod. It looks similar at least. Awesome. I was hoping you'd use that one. And yes please do.

I suggest replacing the Kenji, Kaku-chan, and Youji with Personal Weapons for Ramladu, Elliott and Balbazak. I think the Kindan No Hako should be left alone since it actually does something. (I know that item is so overpowered that it should be considered cheating but it's a shame to remove it entirely since it's not useless like the other three items) I can see the Teppou being turned into a ranged weapon of some sort like maybe for the Assassins but with the Doom Bolt's stats and effect.

Erikin84 wrote:For the personal weapons...it’s feasible... we’d need to do what we did with Kane’s weapons and apply that same logic to everyone else. And adjust the attack growth curve to compensate for the lack of new weapons being equipped. It could be done, but some concessions may have to be made in order to be implemented...this will have to be thought about in depth first

That's not what I meant. ^^; I don't really like the fact that the 2 swords have become a part of Kane's model now but I guess it had to be done. It's really no big deal since nobody will want to change his equipment anyway. But for the other force members I really don't like the idea. Of their personal weapon becoming a part of their model and not being able to change equipment anymore I mean.
Runesamurai

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lobo » Tue May 15 2018 12:08pm

Runesamurai wrote:
Lobo wrote:Well, I can't promise most of them, as there are limits in terms of number for most things, like items, sprites and animations.

Like this one:
JogurtAttacks.PNG

I feel like I've seen this Jogurt before in a different mod. It looks similar at least. Awesome. I was hoping you'd use that one. And yes please do.

I suggest replacing the Kenji, Kaku-chan, and Youji with Personal Weapons for Ramladu, Elliott and Balbazak. I think the Kindan No Hako should be left alone since it actually does something. (I know that item is so overpowered that it should be considered cheating but it's a shame to remove it entirely since it's not useless like the other three items) I can see the Teppou being turned into a ranged weapon of some sort like maybe for the Assassins but with the Doom Bolt's stats and effect.

I think the original sprite is from SonGosun.
I sent him a PM, but he's been away from SFC since march.
I just recolored the shield so it resembles the official art of the game.

As for all those items you listed, they don't exist in Brothers Mod since the beggining.
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Runesamurai » Tue May 15 2018 4:07pm

Lobo wrote:
Runesamurai wrote:

Like this one:
JogurtAttacks.PNG

I think the original sprite is from SonGosun.
I sent him a PM, but he's been away from SFC since march.
I just recolored the shield so it resembles the official art of the game.

As for all those items you listed, they don't exist in Brothers Mod since the beggining.

I was aware but I thought I would make the suggestion.
Runesamurai

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Kasedete » Tue May 15 2018 6:11pm

The Brother has arrived! Haha
I'm really looking forwards to the mod! :shifty:
Kasedete

Postby Lobo » Wed May 16 2018 12:07pm

May 16th is my brother's birthday and so I'm releasing the brazilian version of v3.0. :) :thumbsup:

It contains some updates from the english v3.0, like new sprites for knights and Jogurt, which will be included in v3.1.

WARNING: SPOILER!

Em português:

WARNING: SPOILER!

Link to the IPS patch:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14lB_8C ... sp=sharing
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Runesamurai » Thu May 17 2018 10:20pm

Is it just me or is the damage nerfed in this mod or something? Because I'm having trouble oneshotting enemies even when I turn triple digit stats on in the editor. I know the new enemies make this mod much more challenging than the normal game but I can't help but feel like I'm missing something here.
Runesamurai

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lobo » Fri May 18 2018 2:44am

I never found it to be nerfed.
It's possible to calculate the damage range if you got ATT, DEF and the Land Effect on the defender.
Note down any case you find strange.
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Kasedete » Fri May 18 2018 5:12pm

The brother has arrived!
Kasedete

Postby Lobo » Mon May 21 2018 12:41pm

Quick update fixing minor issues related to:

- Kane's portrait animation;
- Vankar's portrait palette and animation;
- Some items being dropped by enemies while not supposed to.

Brothers Mod v3.0.2:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K1Crd ... kMQGJX3Sij

Borthers Mod BR v3.0.1:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12jkU5 ... o3GU_oQedn
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby DiegoMM » Mon May 21 2018 9:56pm

Im really enoying this mod. Im at laser eye battle now.
I learned english playing Shining Force 2!
I learned english playing Shining Force 2!
DiegoMM

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Runesamurai » Tue May 22 2018 12:13pm

Been meaning to say that I think you should change Bleu's breath spell so that it looks like the fire breath the enemies have instead of a Blaze Spell. Would make more sense.
Runesamurai

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lobo » Tue May 22 2018 3:14pm

Yes.
I have to work on this sooner or later.

EDIT:
In fact, I hope to come up with a brand new animation for this spell/ability.
Will see what I can do about it.
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Runesamurai » Sun Jun 10 2018 4:06am

Bumping this for ya fam.
Runesamurai

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Red_Shine » Mon Jun 11 2018 9:58pm

Is v3.0.2 compatible with the latest version of the graphic upgrade?

Edit: To answer my own question, yes it is. I applied Lobo's Brother's mod first to a clean ROM, then added in the latest version of the Graphics Upgrade (v2.1) and there seem to be no ill effects. I recommend loading from SRAM once one does, though, in case one has already started a playthough, as I had.

Edit 2: I spoke too soon. The menus glitch completely. To be clear the menus themselves work, but weapon names glitch, and there are bits and pieces of gauges. I assume v2.1 of the graphics mod shifts some data around.
Red_Shine

Postby Erikin84 » Wed Jun 13 2018 3:27pm

Red_Shine wrote:Is v3.0.2 compatible with the latest version of the graphic upgrade?

Edit: To answer my own question, yes it is. I applied Lobo's Brother's mod first to a clean ROM, then added in the latest version of the Graphics Upgrade (v2.1) and there seem to be no ill effects. I recommend loading from SRAM once one does, though, in case one has already started a playthough, as I had.

Edit 2: I spoke too soon. The menus glitch completely. To be clear the menus themselves work, but weapon names glitch, and there are bits and pieces of gauges. I assume v2.1 of the graphics mod shifts some data around.

Yes, my SFGU is it’s own merged patch of his 3.0. When I finish SFA I’ll probably redo the graphic upgrade and put in some new patches.
Erikin84

Postby Red_Shine » Wed Jun 13 2018 7:10pm

Your patch does exactly what I'd like to see in SF games; characters looking as unique as possible in battle. This combined with a playable Kane is the ultimate SF1 mod. Having Narsha too would be the icing of the cake haha.
Red_Shine

Postby Runesamurai » Mon Jun 18 2018 5:42am

Red_Shine wrote:Your patch does exactly what I'd like to see in SF games; characters looking as unique as possible in battle. This combined with a playable Kane is the ultimate SF1 mod. Having Narsha too would be the icing of the cake haha.

I couldn't agree more. Now that extended characters is functional this mod has more potential than ever. I can't wait to see how far it comes.

Normally I would say Zuika should be added too but I never found him useful in RotDD and always dropped him for Hanzou as soon as I could because he was just not dealing considerable damage.
Runesamurai

Shining Member
Shining Member

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force