Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

What ever happened to Masahiko Yoshimura?

Did he just quit, after 2 games?

Discussion about the original classic Genesis/Mega Drive game. Posts about the GBA remake belong in the forum below.

What ever happened to Masahiko Yoshimura?

Postby Kalkano » Wed Jan 15 2014 12:41am

All the info I can find, says he only composed Shining in the Darkness, and the first Shining Force. There are also 6 tracks on a Silpheed CD attached to his name, but I can't track it down, and have no idea if he actually composed music for the game.

I thought his Shining soundtracks were fantastic, and find it hard to believe that no one offered him more work. Does anyone know what happened with him?
Currently playing for the first time: Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
Currently re-playing: Nothing

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Re: What ever happened to Masahiko Yoshimura?

Postby Corsair » Thu Apr 07 2016 12:14am

NECROTHREAD:

I'm interested in this as well. I've been digging for the last few days and I can find particularly little.
Corsair

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Lobo » Fri Apr 08 2016 4:09pm

I've done a little research myself but as you have already seen, his whereabouts are kind of unknown throughout the net.
Hope someone around here have some more information.
Lobo

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby jchodoriwsky » Sun May 15 2016 3:08am

Colour me interested as well - I really enjoyed everything about SF1, and the music with headphones (Genesis model 1) with the deep bass was engrossing. But I have always found music and sound design one of the most compelling parts of video games, and my other favourites are all strong in this area as well.
jchodoriwsky

Postby Kaivoks » Sun Oct 29 2017 12:01am

Sorry to necro old thread, but: There was someone claiming to be Masahiko Yoshimura posting comments on youtube and operating a soundcloud.

Some videos with comments:
Code: Select all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm4AfIic0FU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGPdmHlcB0w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUAw3e_aw9U

but pretty much every video of a shining force remix I've gone to includes a comment by brainbrown.

His soundcloud is here: https://soundcloud.com/brainbrown

Doesn't seem to be any activity in the past 10 months, but before that the account has posts on soundcloud from 4 years ago. He does have some videos on youtube showing a middle aged Japanese man making music (no idea what Yoshimura looks like, so), and seems to be fluent in Japanese... though all that might indicate is a Japanese impostor rather than an English speaking one!

He indicated a desire to re-orchestrate the old shining force soundtrack, so maybe one day we'll see it! :confused:
Kaivoks

Postby Kalkano » Sun Nov 05 2017 5:56am

Thanks for the info. That's interesting. I actually don't get the "impostor vibe" from him. He may really be him.

He also commented on this epicness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7uYDg2fqeE

I left him a comment on his channel, asking why he only composed two games after how great those soundtracks were. We'll see if he responds.

Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby monkbarron » Tue Nov 14 2017 3:17pm

Sorry to post in an old topic! But all of this sounds interesting. I too went and checked the channel, and I can say that it is a 99% chance of him being the real deal. If he isn't, then I give you all access to my unreleased ROM hacks, and that I promise.
:sleep: Z Will Always Dominate Any SF TAS :sleep:
:sleep: Z Will Always Dominate Any SF TAS :sleep:
monkbarron

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Force