Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining in the Darkness
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining in the Darkness 2.0 Battle Editon

It's finally here guys!!!

Discussion about this classic Genesis/Mega Drive game.

Re: Shining in the Darkness 2.0 Battle Editon

Postby DarkKobold » Sat Dec 22 2012 7:57am

I'm glad to see my editor got real use. Thanks for doing this.
DarkKobold

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Noma » Sun Dec 23 2012 11:05am

Chaos Wizard wrote:I'll be doing a play through with full commentary, obviously not via video given our current circumstances, after the holiday season is over.

I'd have no problem hosting it for you on one of my channels. I have 2 that only have unmonetized videos and no subscribers so I if it gets flagged, it doesn't matter.

Or unlist it as LO said, lol.
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby ShiningForever » Sun Dec 23 2012 5:59pm

Glad to see you guys are giving the upgrade a try! Thanks. I'm happy to know my hard work payed off.

DarkKobold, Anytime. I figured if no one else made an actual upgrade I might as well be the one to do it! I still have all my work saved so if anything needs to be changed (Like the difficulty, monsters, or items, then I would be happy to do that.

Lord Oddeye sama, You are making great progress getting so far without dying, good luck making it the rest of the way.

Chaos Wizard, Good luck on your playthrough! Don't be too worried about spoilers on the commentary vids. In the end it's all just about having fun! :excited:

Postby RastaOddeye » Wed Jan 23 2013 3:54pm

This will be my first time playing this not on a Vanilla, I'll download it and give it a go, I'll let you know what I think!

Edit : Hello 4th silver star :excited:
I'm arrogant, and proud of it.
RastaOddeye

Zeons Third General
Shining Legend

Postby ShiningForever » Wed Jan 23 2013 9:00pm

Great! Thanks for giving it a try :)

Postby RastaOddeye » Sun Apr 14 2013 7:58pm

Gonna fire this up and give it a playthrough, it's been years since i've even played SITD though so i'm not expecting to do great.
RastaOddeye

Zeons Third General
Shining Legend

Postby ShiningForever » Wed Apr 17 2013 1:12am

I think you'll do fine. The difficulty depends a lot on how lucky you are with item drops and figuring out how to deal with the new and different monsters. The sub-bosses can be difficult, but overall it shouldn't be impossible to beat although I have no idea if anybodies actually beaten it. Let me know how you progress! :)

Postby Shadow of a Dragon » Fri May 03 2013 6:16pm

Seems like this would be fun, I'll have to check it out =)

Postby zexxar » Sun May 05 2013 12:01pm

I finished this one today and I have to say that some parts are quite interesting.

WARNING: SPOILER!

As résumé I would say that there are some nice changes but the mod still needs some tweaking here and there to achieve a constant challenge.
Last edited by zexxar on Mon May 06 2013 2:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
Trent @ Sun Apr 10 2011 1:00pm wrote:You're the ultimate team player zexxar, always coming to the rescue!

samsengir wrote:Zexxar is a fabulous human being with more sex appeal in his little finger than all of F&G put together. Possibly all of SFC combined.
zexxar

Team Game Saviour
Shining Legend

Postby ShiningForever » Sun May 05 2013 11:31pm

Shadow of a Dragon, Cool! I hope you enjoy it. :)

zexxar, I'm glad to hear someone actually finished it! Thanks for the feedback, maybe sometime in the future I'll tweak it yet again. I already have a few things in mind I would change. It's funny cause when I made the mod I wanted to make sure it wasn't TOO hard, but in the process I actually made parts of the game too easy. Either way I had fun making it and I'll keep the difficulty in mind if I decide to tweak it again in the future.

Postby stljumpster » Wed Jun 05 2013 3:09am

I would really like to download it...where is it located again?

Sorry for being dumb ;)
stljumpster

Postby ShiningForever » Wed Jun 05 2013 4:32am

It's right at the bottom of my first post in this thread. It will be in a little white box that says attachments. Just click the golden text to download. Enjoy :)

Postby Chaos Wizard » Wed Jun 05 2013 7:53am

Shit I totally forgot about this. I'm on the fourth floor at the moment in my current play through, I'll download it and do a run through after I've spanked Darksol.
Chaos Wizard

Contemno Repletus
Shining Legend

Postby merdakai » Wed Jun 05 2013 11:23pm

every time I spank Darksol he starts to giggle....
Tor_Heyerdal wrote:Teina äiti'svennön hanåtsy. Ji'laujanön djjiitsy niin. There. That is one insulted mother. lol. =P
Tor_Heyerdal wrote:Teina äiti'svennön hanåtsy. Ji'laujanön djjiitsy niin. There. That is one insulted mother. lol. =P
merdakai

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Thu Jun 06 2013 11:37pm

You're not hitting hard enough.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby Gnagnini » Thu Aug 29 2013 3:50pm

Hi, is this project still alive?
Gnagnini

Postby metateen » Fri Nov 08 2013 6:29am

I know it's a few months late to say this but I do hope your Shining in the Darkness project goes off well smoothly. I honestly am.

Shining in the Darkness was always a personal favorite of mine.
~Photobucket~Composer~GMC character designer~DevintART~
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 78d426.png
~Photobucket~Composer~GMC character designer~DevintART~
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 78d426.png
metateen

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby SaCred » Wed Jan 01 2014 1:45pm

Nice patch but i must say, its bloody hard and sometimes annoying but fun :)

WARNING: SPOILER!
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
Minister - Don't worry about him. If he dies, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby ShiningForever » Sun Jan 05 2014 7:18am

Gnagnini, For now this project is done. I've been very busy and rarely ever find the time to even visit this site anymore. However, one thing I will say is that if a working map editor ever comes out then the chances of me making yet another patch of this wonderful game will skyrocket. There would SO many things I could do to change the game! :shock:

Thanks metateen, I appreciate that. It's always been one of my favorites as well.

SaCred, Thanks for the update. I hope you make it to the end!

I'd like to give a final thanks to everyone that helped me with this project and everyone who gave it a try. It was fun and I liked hearing about your experiences with the game. Maybe someday I will tweak it yet again in the future (Especially if the editors are upgraded) but until then... Farewell :)

Postby SaCred » Sun Jan 05 2014 9:51pm

ShiningForever wrote:Gnagnini, For now this project is done. I've been very busy and rarely ever find the time to even visit this site anymore. However, one thing I will say is that if a working map editor ever comes out then the chances of me making yet another patch of this wonderful game will skyrocket. There would SO many things I could do to change the game! :shock:

Thanks metateen, I appreciate that. It's always been one of my favorites as well.

SaCred, Thanks for the update. I hope you make it to the end!

I'd like to give a final thanks to everyone that helped me with this project and everyone who gave it a try. It was fun and I liked hearing about your experiences with the game. Maybe someday I will tweak it yet again in the future (Especially if the editors are upgraded) but until then... Farewell :)

I did it finally, levels were about in the mid 80's to 90 and i must say, very fun and addictive :)
Hope you will make a new mod in the future. GG
SaCred

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Shining in the Darkness