Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Off-Topic Forums General Chatter
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

bored white members make excuses

Want to talk about something other than Shining Force? Go ahead!

Re: bored white members make excuses

Postby Kcid » Wed Sep 20 2017 5:25am

Omega Entity wrote:Cat 4 Harvey 2 weeks ago.
Cat 5 Irma incoming.
Cat 3 Jose.
Cat 1 Katia.
8.1 magnitude earthquake off the coast of Mexico.
North Korea testing nukes.

... Donald Trump is still president.

Well then... apocalypse anyone?

Cat 5 Irma was nuts, held up 185 mph winds longer than any hurricane in history.
Cat 5 Maria is also nuts, about to wreck Puerto Rico.
Mexico City hit with a 7.1 magnitude earthquake on 32nd anniversary of an 8.0 earthquake in Mexico City.
North Korea still testing nukes.
Trump still president.
Apocalypse in 3....2....1.....????
"And if you tell anyone, nobody will find you ever again."
http://iidx.solidstatesquad.com/siginclude/959.png
"And if you tell anyone, nobody will find you ever again."
http://iidx.solidstatesquad.com/siginclude/959.png
Kcid

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Wed Sep 20 2017 12:49pm

At least Patrick Stewart is still alive.
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby Omega Entity » Thu Sep 21 2017 12:30am

Shhhh, don't jinx it :(
(8:23:45 PM) ehow1990: stupid question: why do you have hay there?
(8:23:54 PM) YsFanatic18: She was feedigng horses
(8:23:58 PM) MXC0Spike: Barn sex
(8:24:07 PM) ahath714: She stuffs.
(8:24:39 PM) ehow1990: ask a stupid question and everybody has an answer XD
(8:23:45 PM) ehow1990: stupid question: why do you have hay there?
(8:23:54 PM) YsFanatic18: She was feedigng horses
(8:23:58 PM) MXC0Spike: Barn sex
(8:24:07 PM) ahath714: She stuffs.
(8:24:39 PM) ehow1990: ask a stupid question and everybody has an answer XD
Omega Entity

*jiggle*
Shining Legend

Postby Kiltman » Thu Sep 21 2017 2:46am

Z Master wrote:It was popular in years past (might still be, idk) to fly the confederate flag in rural parts of Canada, of all places.

Its colors/design are also often incorporated into the design of dominionist, white nationalist and other far-right flags/emblems. Big surprise right? Heritage not hate ok

I grew up and live in rural Canada and trust me, it's everywhere. Back in high school it was really all over the place but back then (13-14 years ago) I honestly think it was just a symbol of for lack of a better term, rebellion. Not rebellion against the government or anything like that but more like just general "I'm small town, rural, etc, and I don't fit in with the rest of society". I don't think half my buddies could even give a time period or quick rundown of the War between the States but they were still rockin the emblem.
Kiltman

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby TheUnknownMarine » Thu Sep 21 2017 4:59am

Kiltman wrote:
Z Master wrote:It was popular in years past (might still be, idk) to fly the confederate flag in rural parts of Canada, of all places.

Its colors/design are also often incorporated into the design of dominionist, white nationalist and other far-right flags/emblems. Big surprise right? Heritage not hate ok

I grew up and live in rural Canada and trust me, it's everywhere. Back in high school it was really all over the place but back then (13-14 years ago) I honestly think it was just a symbol of for lack of a better term, rebellion. Not rebellion against the government or anything like that but more like just general "I'm small town, rural, etc, and I don't fit in with the rest of society". I don't think half my buddies could even give a time period or quick rundown of the War between the States but they were still rockin the emblem.

I just want to say I'm surprised and heartened to see you pop up again.

So long as there are men brave enough to wear kilts, truly the world has hope.
TheUnknownMarine

Master Narrator
Shining Legend

Postby Kiltman » Thu Sep 21 2017 2:13pm

Good to see you too ol buddy. In fact, it's great to see a whole bunch of familiar names here keepin the lights on. I've been a lil bit busy the last year or so but I haven't forgotten you all.
Kiltman

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Cyric » Thu Sep 21 2017 4:28pm

Seeing e-people again makes me so happy!

SQUEE!!!!
Founder of SFC's Kids Club - Proudly Brainwashing children since 2004.

Author of The Ballad of Vankar

Initial Owner - Thief Trophy SFCRPGv2

Felix qui potest rerum cognoscere causas...
Founder of SFC's Kids Club - Proudly Brainwashing children since 2004.

Author of The Ballad of Vankar

Initial Owner - Thief Trophy SFCRPGv2

Felix qui potest rerum cognoscere causas...
Cyric

Tyrannosaurus Sex
Shining Legend

Postby Arc_the_Lad » Sat Sep 23 2017 7:36pm

Kiltman wrote:

I grew up in a small town southern ON, surrounded by farms, very Christian, even had to say the lords prayer in public school, but they pointed out that you don't have to say it, it's just convenient. Yeah, being racist in high school was the way to rebel or be edgy cool, but...... it was weird, because the DIE HARDS, all...5 of them, would always be shunned. Nowadays I've talked to some people and most of them grew out of it and regret it, unlike those 5, who are still "proud" and still shunned and unsuccessful.

Honestly, if I had to say it, there weren't that many in my high school, most were all bark, no bite, but I don't know if it's because it was a non religious school or what.

I was friends with Juggalos and they were nice guys actually. That's what happens when you group with the freaks.
Its being invaded by the Otherworld.

A world of nightmarish delusions come to life.

My youtube channel of terrible video game talkthroughs.

Arc_the_Lad

Restless Dreams
Shining Legend

Postby Kiltman » Mon Sep 25 2017 2:45pm

That's the thing though, is that I didn't see the racism as being a part of the Confederate flag wavers in Alberta where I was. Most of us hadn't even seen or interacted with a black person until we were teenagers and went to the city. Hell, there's pictures of my buddy on his boat with with Jamaican wife and two mixed white/black kids with the flag flapping merrily in the breeze behind them. Looking back now it's a ridiculous situation, but a lot of the guys that I'm friends with that were big into having that flag displayed were and still are completely ignorant of the symbol. To them it's just a flag that people that drive trucks and come from rural backgrounds use to show where they're "rebels".
Kiltman

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Rune » Mon Sep 25 2017 5:15pm

And that's a problem. Ignorance may be the reason, but it's not an excuse.

To be honest, I find it incredibly racist to fly that symbol and be ignorant to what it means. That's the kind of racism that makes someone part of the problem, even if they're not one of the people shooting unarmed black men. You have to be incredibly privileged to fly that flag and not know what it means.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Assassins » Mon Sep 25 2017 7:43pm

I don't know if it's Indonesia out some other county, but they are big into Hitler as a pop culture thing
The failblood.

On the battlefield, when everything is chaos/ you have nothing but the way you feel, your strategy and a sword/ just think of the life you'll have together after the war
The failblood.

On the battlefield, when everything is chaos/ you have nothing but the way you feel, your strategy and a sword/ just think of the life you'll have together after the war
Assassins

Mentat
Shining Legend

Postby Rune » Mon Sep 25 2017 8:11pm

I think it was Thailand (of course, it's probably more than just one country doing it):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_imagery_in_Thailand
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Marky » Mon Sep 25 2017 11:09pm

What Assassins referred to and in support of what Rune said:

https://kotaku.com/man-opens-nazi-cafe- ... -947580528
Marky

Attending Physician
Shining Legend

Postby TheUnknownMarine » Tue Sep 26 2017 1:03am

I'm always baffled by how incredibly privileged people from Indonesia are. Don't they have any idea of what it is to struggle in life?
TheUnknownMarine

Master Narrator
Shining Legend

Postby Arc_the_Lad » Tue Sep 26 2017 3:00am

Yeah the flag only meant around here that you loved southern life. They aren't ignorant, they knew exactly what it is, it represents the south during the civil war, no more no less. You can be racist and not have slaves, you can have slaves and not be racist. So no, the flag isn't racist, but racists use it to represent them, but so do non racist, stop giving it the power you so desperately want it to not have.

Arc_the_Lad

Restless Dreams
Shining Legend

Postby Rune » Tue Sep 26 2017 6:38am

Arc_the_Lad wrote:you can have slaves and not be racist

Stupid much?

And TUM, you're being the standard poor white man again. You can struggle, and still be quite privileged with regard to race and political matters (this is the thing poor white people keep forgetting). Also, if you're able to open a Nazi themed restaurant, or be part of a successful boy band, clearly you're not poor and struggling.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby TheUnknownMarine » Tue Sep 26 2017 7:02am

Rune wrote:
Arc_the_Lad wrote:you can have slaves and not be racist

Stupid much?

And TUM, you're being the standard poor white man again. You can struggle, and still be quite privileged with regard to race and political matters (this is the thing poor white people keep forgetting). Also, if you're able to open a Nazi themed restaurant, or be part of a successful boy band, clearly you're not poor and struggling.

I find your stereotyping of me to be highly offensive, Rune. How do you know what race I identify as?

That aside, what does that first part have to do with anything? Indonesians aren't white.

And please, you should know by now that I don't let truth get in the way of easy jokes the same way you can't resist being pedantic.
TheUnknownMarine

Master Narrator
Shining Legend

Postby Rune » Tue Sep 26 2017 11:20am

Easy, you're one of the whitest guys on this forum. Sure, Salibu has you beat by a long shot, but you're in the running for second place.

For the second part, you're being the standard poor white man in terms of your thought process, the Indonesians are irrelevant.

When your jokes are good, I will ignore the rest. But as long as they fall flat, I won't put up with it.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby TheUnknownMarine » Tue Sep 26 2017 4:22pm

Don't be ridiculous, I hate to run.

So it's a very white train of thought to believe that it's a little ridiculous to talk about how racist a bunch of Indonesians are for not knowing WWII history?

I mean, those same sorts of cafes are in Japan and if you want to talk about how bad it is that Japan whitewashes pretty much everything from that era, I'll agree, but Indonesia had jack all to do with the big dubya two. Why are we expecting them to know history that isn't theirs?
TheUnknownMarine

Master Narrator
Shining Legend

Postby Rune » Tue Sep 26 2017 4:42pm

It's the same principle of how I expect people to know better than to wear a shirt with racist/hateful shit from another culture (and yes, I am constantly disgusted with Americans doing just that). It's not like Indonesia and Thailand don't have the internet.

A boy band all dresses up like Hitler? A Nazi themed restaurant opens? And no one spends the thirty seconds to browse on google? Bullshit.

It's a very poor white person train of thought to believe a less well of person can't be racist. It's also a very poor white person train of thought to believe someone acting out of ignorance isn't racist.

And Japan occupied Indonesia during WW2. So what do you mean it's not part of their history? Do you think Japan just bombed Pearl Harbor and had nothing else going on during the war?
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to General Chatter