Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Off-Topic Forums General Chatter
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Bored members visit national parks

Before they become oil refineries

Want to talk about something other than Shining Force? Go ahead!

Re: Bored members visit national parks

Postby Dandy » Fri Aug 04 2017 6:02am

Not such great reviews for Dark Tower early on, that's disappointing. I'll still give it a watch, but might opt to stream rather than the theater.
Dandy

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Rune » Sun Aug 06 2017 3:09pm

Well I somehow managed to get a moltres. With all the trouble of moving to Cologne, I only had a chance to do a couple raids yesterday and a couple more today. Luckily, one of those 4 resulted in me catching a moltres. I had to walk around the main area of the city for about 2 hours both times, before I stumbled on a raiding party.

I will have to do the same thing for a zapdos. I actually really hope they don't release any new legendaries for awhile. This is a huge pain in the ass and Germany has rainy summers.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Earl » Sun Aug 06 2017 8:21pm

Did you get Articuno?

So far I've managed to get at least 1 of each. It's been kind of nice to do these big raids. I've gotten plenty of TMs, so I fixed a bunch of things. And the rare candy makes leveling Tyranitar easy.

Plus it's nice when people comment on my level. I'm 37, and 600k into it. Most people at raids are like 26-32, so I crush ass on damage all the time.
Earl

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Rune » Mon Aug 07 2017 11:42am

Yeah, I got 2 articuno. Those were easy. I was in Seattle at the time, had access to a car, and found a discord channel specifically for raids in my neighborhood.

And it took 4 f*cking tries, but I now have a Zapdos.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Earl » Wed Aug 09 2017 5:07am

I had the day off, managed to go 3/4 on Zapdos. I don't know if they changed something, or RNGesus was on my side. But I'm happy to have this set of Legendaries squared away.

And Zapdos is by far the best looking of the birds. Nice that it's also going to be the best electric type for a while, too.
Earl

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Rune » Wed Aug 09 2017 2:26pm

I'm guessing it's mostly luck. I just went from 1/4 to 3/6. However, I do think zapdos is the easiest to catch, because it's closer and it doesn't fly upward. If you combine that with the nanab berry trick, you're getting more curved great throws than with the other birds, so you have a better chance of catching it.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Dandy » Sun Aug 13 2017 6:09am

Shame what is happening in VA. I feel ashamed to be an American.
Dandy

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Rune » Sun Aug 13 2017 6:46pm

Hey, so you know what's not legal in Germany?

Being a f*cking nazi. Yeah, here I can get a bottle of absinthe for 12 euro, get a prostitute (I'm skipping on that one, for issues other than legality), but it's illegal to fly that nazi bullshit. I feel that Germany is one of the few countries that got it right about nazis.

Also, I find the freedom of speech excuse to be something for cowards and complacent trash. "Oh, can't we just all love each other and be nonviolent?" No, not when people are taking a stance of openly oppressing and eradicating others.

And one more thing. Since when was being 20 pounds overweight, wearing a polo shirt and khaki shorts, and carrying a tiki torch a sign of strength? I remember in history class seeing photos of the KKK and being intimidated. But the current guys, I would no have issue confronting them in person (other than the sudden continent switch, which makes it impossible).
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Cyric » Mon Aug 14 2017 12:15pm

To say I'm somewhat jealous about Rune living overseas, is a slight understatement.

Oddly enough I can honestly say that It has nothing to do with the current political environment.
Founder of SFC's Kids Club - Proudly Brainwashing children since 2004.

Author of The Ballad of Vankar

Initial Owner - Thief Trophy SFCRPGv2

Felix qui potest rerum cognoscere causas...
Founder of SFC's Kids Club - Proudly Brainwashing children since 2004.

Author of The Ballad of Vankar

Initial Owner - Thief Trophy SFCRPGv2

Felix qui potest rerum cognoscere causas...
Cyric

Tyrannosaurus Sex
Shining Legend

Postby Rune » Mon Aug 14 2017 12:47pm

Well then it's either the booze or the whores. Which is it?

Wait, one more option. The large block of gouda in my fridge?
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Mupen64 Man » Mon Aug 14 2017 2:57pm

Anyone give Dunkirk a watch? It was terrific, but I heard that they changed an important piece that made the movie an inaccurate representation of history.
You can find me at Emulator-Zone Forums as well.
You can find me at Emulator-Zone Forums as well.
Mupen64 Man

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Dandy » Tue Aug 15 2017 4:08am

Mupen64 Man wrote:Anyone give Dunkirk a watch? It was terrific, but I heard that they changed an important piece that made the movie an inaccurate representation of history.

Haven't had the chance to watch it yet, but want to.

Anybody hear that some new Genesis games are being released soon?

Tectoy, a company in Brazil is launching a game. Which is kind of cool since them and Sega have a partnership, so it's an officially licensed Sega product.

Here is the other company launching a scrolling fighting game. Think of Streets of Rage: http://www.paprium.com/
Dandy

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Trent » Sun Aug 20 2017 10:20am

MXC wrote:Now here's hoping all of Trent's info can be added to the bare bones SF1 site! I'd also like to add a ton of info to SF2 but a new look is cool.

Hopefully! There's a lot of stuff that can go up there. The new SF2 site looks great.
Trent

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Rune » Sat Aug 26 2017 2:34pm

I just ate limburger cheese (I never bothered in the US, because it's way overpriced). What's the big deal about the smell?

Yeah, it smells like fancy stinky cheese. So what?
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Z Master » Sat Aug 26 2017 5:53pm

Rune wrote:Hey, so you know what's not legal in Germany?

Being a f*cking nazi. Yeah, here I can get a bottle of absinthe for 12 euro, get a prostitute (I'm skipping on that one, for issues other than legality), but it's illegal to fly that nazi bullshit. I feel that Germany is one of the few countries that got it right about nazis.

Also, I find the freedom of speech excuse to be something for cowards and complacent trash. "Oh, can't we just all love each other and be nonviolent?" No, not when people are taking a stance of openly oppressing and eradicating others.

And one more thing. Since when was being 20 pounds overweight, wearing a polo shirt and khaki shorts, and carrying a tiki torch a sign of strength? I remember in history class seeing photos of the KKK and being intimidated. But the current guys, I would no have issue confronting them in person (other than the sudden continent switch, which makes it impossible).

the most ridiculous thing is hearing cries of FREE SPEECH from the mouths of disingenuous fascists who give no shits about free speech and would, if they actually had any political power, immediately repress free speech and begin the process of killing anyone who dared dissent

the idea of a 'peaceful' neo-nazi rally is the most absurd thing i've ever heard
MDbros bleeding-heart brotherhood
MDbros bleeding-heart brotherhood
Z Master

P. I. Staker
Shining Legend

Postby Rune » Sat Aug 26 2017 7:40pm

I'm not sure about that. By that I mean I'm not sure if it's the most ridiculous thing.

Because recently I have had someone explain to me that they're not racist in being a white nationalist. They just want a nation for whites only. How is that not racist? Because they believe other races should also have their own place to live. You know, separate, but equal.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Assassins » Sat Aug 26 2017 8:10pm

And they think that America, the melting pot stolen from native Americans, should be that white nation.
The failblood.

On the battlefield, when everything is chaos/ you have nothing but the way you feel, your strategy and a sword/ just think of the life you'll have together after the war
The failblood.

On the battlefield, when everything is chaos/ you have nothing but the way you feel, your strategy and a sword/ just think of the life you'll have together after the war
Assassins

Mentat
Shining Legend

Previous

Return to General Chatter