Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Off-Topic Forums General Chatter
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Bored Members Discuss Powered Armor

The Patrician's Topic

Want to talk about something other than Shining Force? Go ahead!

Re: Bored Members Discuss Powered Armor

Postby Rune » Mon Jul 01 2019 8:36pm

Well I suppose we could move the bmd discussion from the other thread back into this one.

The game that gave me what I wanted and would run full speed on my laptop is Timespinner.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Sir Astral » Mon Jul 01 2019 8:51pm

Uh, you have no idea how shocking this is to me.
Sir Astral

The White Wizard
Shining Member

Postby thepeaguy » Fri Jul 05 2019 1:40am

Finally, I'm playing Shining Force CD. I put it on hold for 22 years.

The game's all right, actually. This must be the first ever Shining Force game where birdmen are worth the investment compared to 2. I still think pre-SF3 archers are shit range attackers compared to centaurs and spellcasters, so I use them as enemy bait instead.
thepeaguy

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Alpha » Fri Jul 05 2019 6:56am

thepeaguy wrote:Finally, I'm playing Shining Force CD. I put it on hold for 22 years.

The game's all right, actually. This must be the first ever Shining Force game where birdmen are worth the investment compared to 2. I still think pre-SF3 archers are shit range attackers compared to centaurs and spellcasters, so I use them as enemy bait instead.

Chester is one of the best archers in any SF game, and I highly recommend giving him a try.
The WoopBlood
Because wooping makes us smile
The WoopBlood
Because wooping makes us smile
Alpha

Echo Park
Shining Legend

Postby Chaos Wizard » Fri Jul 05 2019 12:46pm

BUT WHO THE f*ck IS THE BEST KNIGHT!?
Chaos Wizard

Contemno Repletus
Shining Legend

Postby thepeaguy » Fri Jul 05 2019 3:25pm

Alpha wrote:
thepeaguy wrote:Finally, I'm playing Shining Force CD. I put it on hold for 22 years.

Chester is one of the best archers in any SF game, and I highly recommend giving him a try.

Archers, unfortunately, can't telegraph and counter close-ranged attacks; knights, on the other hand, are the best of both worlds - with increased mobility.

I always considered knights to be an archer/fighter hybrid.
thepeaguy

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Darksol » Fri Jul 05 2019 6:20pm

Well I suppose it's time for me to make my yearly-ish check-in here.

It's been a hectic year. My daughter is at that stage where she's learning a new word every couple of days and really raising hell. She's a climber. The wife and I are still quite happily married. Discussing timing for a second kid.

After all these years, I'm finally a college graduate. I'd been going back in my "free" time over the last few years. Graduated this spring. For reasons I may never fully understand, it was a lot easier now than it was in my late teens/early 20s, despite the 60+ hours a week job and small child. I guess I was just more emotionally mature or some other such nonsense.

I'm no longer selling real estate. Wednesday was my last day. We'd known this was coming for a while, but due to a confluence of factors (work schedule, death in the family, a health scare of my own, etc...) I had literally no time to apply for a job. So my wife suggested I might be one of the rare few that actually benefits from leaving their job first before looking for a new one. So starting Monday I'm on the job hunt full time. Still looking at law school, but we decided that waiting a year would be a good idea. This way I get to spend some more time with my daughter and we can save up a bit of cash.

How are all of you doing?

ETA: Oh yeah, and I added a bunch of you on Facebook that I saw in a Shining Force Central post. If I missed anybody who wants an add, feel free to drop me a PM.
Darksol

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby thepeaguy » Sat Jul 06 2019 2:18am

I remember you. Congrats on your new family. Christ, life has progressed from my time here from 16 years ago.
thepeaguy

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Rune » Sat Jul 06 2019 5:19pm

Darksol wrote:Well I suppose it's time for me to make my yearly-ish check-in here.

It's been a hectic year. My daughter is at that stage where she's learning a new word every couple of days and really raising hell. She's a climber. The wife and I are still quite happily married. Discussing timing for a second kid.

After all these years, I'm finally a college graduate. I'd been going back in my "free" time over the last few years. Graduated this spring. For reasons I may never fully understand, it was a lot easier now than it was in my late teens/early 20s, despite the 60+ hours a week job and small child. I guess I was just more emotionally mature or some other such nonsense.

I'm no longer selling real estate. Wednesday was my last day. We'd known this was coming for a while, but due to a confluence of factors (work schedule, death in the family, a health scare of my own, etc...) I had literally no time to apply for a job. So my wife suggested I might be one of the rare few that actually benefits from leaving their job first before looking for a new one. So starting Monday I'm on the job hunt full time. Still looking at law school, but we decided that waiting a year would be a good idea. This way I get to spend some more time with my daughter and we can save up a bit of cash.

How are all of you doing?

ETA: Oh yeah, and I added a bunch of you on Facebook that I saw in a Shining Force Central post. If I missed anybody who wants an add, feel free to drop me a PM.

Now here's someone we are all happy to see again.

Congratulations on your college degree and good luck on finding a job.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Stordarth » Mon Jul 08 2019 9:44am

Good to see you again, Darksol. Congrats on the graduation, and good luck with your career move.

Code: Select all
Dice Codes
Attack/Marked Target: /roll 8d100
Damage Variance (Rebels): /roll d26 [Everyone.]
Damage Variance (Emissaries): /roll d24 [Assassins with Katana], /roll d21 [MXC, TUM with Blade], /roll d26 [Any other case.]
Magic: /roll d26
Status Effects: /roll d100
Level-Ups (No MP): /roll 4d11
Level-Ups (Has MP): /roll 5d11

---
SFCW-A: Durandar
Sunken Castle: Fintan Kahn

Dice Codes
Damage Variance (Emissaries): /roll d24 [Assassins with Katana], /roll d21 [MXC, TUM with Blade], /roll d26 [Any other case.]

---
Stordarth

The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Postby Darksol » Mon Jul 08 2019 11:33pm

I'm glad to see so many people are still around. Though I must admit I'm shocked that Rune numbers among them. He's been complaining about this place and the people here since I was still an active poster. And that's been a loooong while. That was back before I gave up the partying and became a productive member of society. Or productive-ish, I guess -- I suppose I am unemployed for the next couple weeks.

How are you fine folk doing?
Darksol

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Sir Astral » Tue Jul 09 2019 2:00am

Just trying to get along day to day amidst unrelenting insanity.
Sir Astral

The White Wizard
Shining Member

Postby Rune » Tue Jul 09 2019 5:19pm

Darksol wrote:I'm glad to see so many people are still around. Though I must admit I'm shocked that Rune numbers among them. He's been complaining about this place and the people here since I was still an active poster. And that's been a loooong while. That was back before I gave up the partying and became a productive member of society. Or productive-ish, I guess -- I suppose I am unemployed for the next couple weeks.

How are you fine folk doing?

If I don't tell people what's wrong with them, how are they supposed to improve themselves? I am here as a service to the general public.

Myself? After nearly two years in Germany, I am about to move back to the US.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Cyric » Tue Jul 09 2019 10:05pm

Greetings from Chihuahua, Mexico.

Day 1 of a 3-day journey that will help prove I know what the he'll I'm doing when it comes to Product Development...
Founder of SFC's Kids Club - Proudly Brainwashing children since 2004.

Author of The Ballad of Vankar

Initial Owner - Thief Trophy SFCRPGv2

Felix qui potest rerum cognoscere causas...

Cyric

Tyrannosaurus Sex
Shining Legend

Postby Sir Astral » Wed Jul 10 2019 4:59pm

So, my father had a stroke several years ago and has been taking various forms of medication since. He's presently dealing with a uti and it's possible a new medication may have had a negative synergistic reaction. He was talking about the potential for a visit to hospital last night, and I'm pretty sure he went this morning.

A bit of additional insight into my world. Positive intention would of course be appreciated.
Sir Astral

The White Wizard
Shining Member

Postby Rune » Wed Jul 10 2019 5:13pm

Cyric wrote:Greetings from Chihuahua, Mexico.

Day 1 of a 3-day journey that will help prove I know what the he'll I'm doing when it comes to Product Development...

And maybe catch a few heracross.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Stordarth » Thu Jul 11 2019 1:14am

Sir Astral wrote:So, my father had a stroke several years ago and has been taking various forms of medication since. He's presently dealing with a uti and it's possible a new medication may have had a negative synergistic reaction. He was talking about the potential for a visit to hospital last night, and I'm pretty sure he went this morning.

A bit of additional insight into my world. Positive intention would of course be appreciated.

Shit man. Hope he gets it sorted out. My dad takes all sorts of medication following his heart attack, diabetes and back problems, so it's never nice to see something new that you know he needs have unintended side effects like that.

Dice Codes

---

Dice Codes

---
Stordarth

The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Postby Sir Astral » Thu Jul 11 2019 1:21am

Thanks for your concern.

I believe it was either what I suggested or an allergic reaction to a new medication. He was discharged and seems alright.
Sir Astral

The White Wizard
Shining Member

Postby Cyric » Thu Jul 11 2019 2:34am

Rune wrote:
Cyric wrote:Greetings from Chihuahua, Mexico.

And maybe catch a few heracross.

Doubtful. There are very few Pokemon that are present anywhere near my hotel and there are only 2 stops within walking distance. Every time I open it up, there's Bellsprout, Diglett, Charmander, or Swablu.

EDIT - And as I'm waiting at the airport for my flight, a couple of those damn bugs showed up. Now I've got to find more.

Cyric

Tyrannosaurus Sex
Shining Legend

Postby Sir Astral » Fri Jul 12 2019 4:13am

I'll get back to you, Cyric. And I...seriously apologize for the wait. You know what i mean.

So I saw this cute girl at the grocery today who I distinctly remember as having incredibly bright, almost unnaturally blue eyes. I've seen her wearing glasses before and I hadn't paid close enough attention to notice if there was a discrepancy, but her eyes were brown this afternoon.

I suspect this is due to her wearing both coloured and clear contacts.

I'm not looking for dates at this juncture due to a death in my family, but here I am sharing this most goofy anecdote. I'm significantly older than she is and it's just pleasant to have polite conversation as a regular at her retail outlet.

I may or may not be inebriated. :shock:
Sir Astral

The White Wizard
Shining Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chatter