Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Off-Topic Forums Newbie Training Grounds
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

The Official SFC Help thread

For newbies

A place to welcome new members, and give them the opportunity to settle in, ask questions about the rules if they're not sure about any etc :) A good place to make your first post!

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Skyblade » Tue Nov 09 2004 8:12pm

tbtwrestlerdan @ Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:09 pm) wrote: Oh, did I say learn? I'm sorry, I already knew. And yes, I am fecking with you. I, as a master of delusion and wordplay, know when I can mess with someone and when they're too smart to mess with. You're a bit of a challenge, but you still fall into the "feck-with-able" category.

Sorry.

Mm-hmm. If you say so. But as I said, I agree with the master of delusion bit... Your wordplay leaves a lot to be desired though.
"D'you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning, and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me."
~Doctor Who~

///Skyblade the Ultima Mage\\\
\\\----The Shining Legion----///
"D'you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning, and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me."
~Doctor Who~

///Skyblade the Ultima Mage\\\
\\\----The Shining Legion----///
Skyblade

The Ultima Mage
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Oct 04 2004 6:26pm
Location: Dallas, Texas, The United States, North America, The Western Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, Th

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Crash » Tue Nov 09 2004 8:15pm

Skyblade @ Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:12 pm) wrote: Mm-hmm. If you say so. But as I said, I agree with the master of delusion bit... Your wordplay leaves a lot to be desired though.

I have to say, it's easier for me to make jokes about people's wording when they're right there. Over the Internet, you can't grasp the subtleties of my finely tuned ZING machine.

On the other hand, you can't hit me in the nuts with a grapefruit, so I guess it works out.

It's been fun, but 'tis time to end this amusing banter. I need food.
© Dan 2011


Supreme Poobah: Members for Good Grammar

Alpha wrote:Dan's awesome is such that you cannot overrule him.
© Dan 2011


Supreme Poobah: Members for Good Grammar

Alpha wrote:Dan's awesome is such that you cannot overrule him.
Crash

Doomsayer of Chaos
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 21 2004 10:22pm
Location: Boynton Beach, Florida, USA.

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Chester the Pegasus Knight » Mon Nov 15 2004 10:57pm

Thanks to all for the explanation.

tbtwrestlerdan, I don't understand the reason for you are laughing.
You were looking for an interest post? Well, this is the wrong user... :p

Ya lo sabemos, todos tenemos un poco de miedo... :)

Sometimes I feel like dying, and that's because of you...

:sweatdrop:
You were looking for an interest post? Well, this is the wrong user... :p

Ya lo sabemos, todos tenemos un poco de miedo... :)

Sometimes I feel like dying, and that's because of you...

:sweatdrop:
Chester the Pegasus Knight

Just a normal guy.
Shining Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Oct 15 2004 12:23am
Location: Claypole, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Crash » Tue Nov 16 2004 4:05pm

I laugh because I find you humorous. Ha. Ha.
© Dan 2011


Supreme Poobah: Members for Good Grammar

Alpha wrote:Dan's awesome is such that you cannot overrule him.
© Dan 2011


Supreme Poobah: Members for Good Grammar

Alpha wrote:Dan's awesome is such that you cannot overrule him.
Crash

Doomsayer of Chaos
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 21 2004 10:22pm
Location: Boynton Beach, Florida, USA.

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Chester the Pegasus Knight » Wed Nov 17 2004 10:04pm

tbtwrestlerdan @ Tue Nov 16, 2004 1:05 pm) wrote: I laugh because I find you humorous. Ha. Ha.

Really? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!!

(VETE AL DEMONIO!!!!!!!)

If you were smart you were not thinking about the "Q GAME". I was talking about the Limit:Q.
You were looking for an interest post? Well, this is the wrong user... :p

Ya lo sabemos, todos tenemos un poco de miedo... :)

Sometimes I feel like dying, and that's because of you...

:sweatdrop:
You were looking for an interest post? Well, this is the wrong user... :p

Ya lo sabemos, todos tenemos un poco de miedo... :)

Sometimes I feel like dying, and that's because of you...

:sweatdrop:
Chester the Pegasus Knight

Just a normal guy.
Shining Member
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Fri Oct 15 2004 12:23am
Location: Claypole, Buenos Aires, Argentina

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Skyblade » Thu Nov 18 2004 7:09pm

If he were smart he wouldn't have engaged in a discussion (note: arguement) with me. :g:

And I can understand thinking it's the Q-Game (At least somewhat, since it's clearly on the avie, not the Warning marker), as he may never have seen the Limit: Q on the Warning marker. I know I haven't.
"D'you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning, and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me."
~Doctor Who~

///Skyblade the Ultima Mage\\\
\\\----The Shining Legion----///
"D'you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning, and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me."
~Doctor Who~

///Skyblade the Ultima Mage\\\
\\\----The Shining Legion----///
Skyblade

The Ultima Mage
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Oct 04 2004 6:26pm
Location: Dallas, Texas, The United States, North America, The Western Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, Th

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Calypso » Fri Nov 19 2004 7:40pm

Chester the Pegasus Knight @ Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:40 pm) wrote: Thanks, Rayin.

What about my other two questions?

I saw that some members have a Q below their avatars. What does mean that?

What is that "Warn" thing that I have below my Avatar?

The Warn level is your Trouble meter. When it Reaches 100% you get Either Temporarily banned or permanently banned, Depending on what the Admon wants to do. TRY not to do anything to make this go up, since it doesnt go back down, and if so, only rarely :)
I THINK, not sure about THIS boards rules, but a prolonged period of good behavior can coax an admin into lowering your Warn.
Also, Correct me if im wrong, But a Q Means your posts are being watched, and put in que by admins to check every time you post.
Im not Suffering from insanity.......Im loving every damn minute of it!
"I've never Hated a man enough to give his diamonds back"-


Bwuaha.
Im not Suffering from insanity.......Im loving every damn minute of it!
"I've never Hated a man enough to give his diamonds back"-


Bwuaha.
Calypso

Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 18 2004 12:47pm

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Skyblade » Mon Nov 22 2004 6:46pm

Calypso @ Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:40 pm) wrote: The Warn level is your Trouble meter. When it Reaches 100% you get Either Temporarily banned or permanently banned, Depending on what the Admon wants to do. TRY not to do anything to make this go up, since it doesnt go back down, and if so, only rarely :)
I THINK, not sure about THIS boards rules, but a prolonged period of good behavior can coax an admin into lowering your Warn.
Also, Correct me if im wrong, But a Q Means your posts are being watched, and put in que by admins to check every time you post.

And how would you know so much about the warning system, Calypso? :eyebrow:
"D'you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning, and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me."
~Doctor Who~

///Skyblade the Ultima Mage\\\
\\\----The Shining Legion----///
"D'you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning, and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me."
~Doctor Who~

///Skyblade the Ultima Mage\\\
\\\----The Shining Legion----///
Skyblade

The Ultima Mage
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Oct 04 2004 6:26pm
Location: Dallas, Texas, The United States, North America, The Western Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, Th

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Aldur » Mon Nov 22 2004 6:55pm

She has a forum of her own. Probably uses the same or a similar system.
MDMG Alex's gay jokes counter: 3

Aldur: Finally it's just us in here
Aldur: lets have wild passionate cyber rp
omega entity: mmm
omega entity: cyber RP

Ri3mannZeta: I LOVE YOU HGUYS BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL HUMANS
omega entity: lol
geddis the hero: Z what
Ri3mannZeta: what up aldur
Ri3mannZeta: you are cool as f**k
Ri3mannZeta): ;,fap
Ri3mannZeta: i love you guysd so much

TheUnknownMarine: Man I don't like the feel of this.
VoxPVoxD: take it out of your butt

**
Kalos Krystalpaw EXP: 63150/66000
70/70HP, 29AC, 15AC flat footed, 18 AC touch, Spell Resistance: 23, Fort+22 Reflex+14, Will+17
Energy Resistance Acid, Cold, Elec, Sonic and fire: 10. DR: 5/magic
24 hour Invocations: See the Unseen, Beguiling Influence, Dark One's Own Luck: Fort

0 personal GP

0th: 6/6, 1st: 9/9, 2nd: 8/8 3rd: 6/6
MDMG Alex's gay jokes counter: 3

Aldur: Finally it's just us in here
Aldur: lets have wild passionate cyber rp
omega entity: mmm
omega entity: cyber RP

Ri3mannZeta: I LOVE YOU HGUYS BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL HUMANS
omega entity: lol
geddis the hero: Z what
Ri3mannZeta: what up aldur
Ri3mannZeta: you are cool as f**k
Ri3mannZeta): ;,fap
Ri3mannZeta: i love you guysd so much

TheUnknownMarine: Man I don't like the feel of this.
VoxPVoxD: take it out of your butt

**
Kalos Krystalpaw EXP: 63150/66000
70/70HP, 29AC, 15AC flat footed, 18 AC touch, Spell Resistance: 23, Fort+22 Reflex+14, Will+17
Energy Resistance Acid, Cold, Elec, Sonic and fire: 10. DR: 5/magic
24 hour Invocations: See the Unseen, Beguiling Influence, Dark One's Own Luck: Fort

0 personal GP

0th: 6/6, 1st: 9/9, 2nd: 8/8 3rd: 6/6
Aldur

User avatar
FABULOUS
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 7541
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 4:28pm
Location: The Vale

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Skyblade » Mon Nov 22 2004 6:57pm

Really? What forum?
"D'you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning, and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me."
~Doctor Who~

///Skyblade the Ultima Mage\\\
\\\----The Shining Legion----///
"D'you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning, and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me."
~Doctor Who~

///Skyblade the Ultima Mage\\\
\\\----The Shining Legion----///
Skyblade

The Ultima Mage
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Oct 04 2004 6:26pm
Location: Dallas, Texas, The United States, North America, The Western Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, Th

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Calypso » Fri Nov 26 2004 9:16pm

www.cncreplays.com


Another gaming site, We use the warning system, Thought the Q isnt shown, we simply use Reports, and the reported post is put into qeue.
Im not Suffering from insanity.......Im loving every damn minute of it!
"I've never Hated a man enough to give his diamonds back"-


Bwuaha.
Im not Suffering from insanity.......Im loving every damn minute of it!
"I've never Hated a man enough to give his diamonds back"-


Bwuaha.
Calypso

Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Nov 18 2004 12:47pm

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Arc_the_Lad » Sat Nov 27 2004 11:19pm

I know that you can't have no non shining avatars.

Does that mean I can't, lets say, put the usual "shining border" around a character like Vash the stampede (just a example)?

You know, like the member Think's avatar, I know there is no monkey in a shining game, or else I'm ignorant.

Also, if I CAN sumbit a custom avatar, how would I do so and the rules that I need to follow?
Its being invaded by the Otherworld.

A world of nightmarish delusions come to life.

My youtube channel of terrible video game talkthroughs.
Its being invaded by the Otherworld.

A world of nightmarish delusions come to life.

My youtube channel of terrible video game talkthroughs.
Arc_the_Lad

User avatar
Restless Dreams
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 3181
Joined: Fri Sep 17 2004 1:07am
Location: Canada

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby superrojo » Sat Nov 27 2004 11:24pm

There actually is a Monkey suit in Shining Wisdom, I believe (Well, it's one of the Saturn SF games).

It's definately in one of the games, though.
:snarl: <-- Totally my emoticon
:snarl: <-- Totally my emoticon
superrojo

User avatar
The Family Dog
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Apr 24 2004 4:15am
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Arc_the_Lad » Sat Nov 27 2004 11:25pm

Ok, sorry about that. I'll stick with Pios.
Its being invaded by the Otherworld.

A world of nightmarish delusions come to life.

My youtube channel of terrible video game talkthroughs.
Its being invaded by the Otherworld.

A world of nightmarish delusions come to life.

My youtube channel of terrible video game talkthroughs.
Arc_the_Lad

User avatar
Restless Dreams
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 3181
Joined: Fri Sep 17 2004 1:07am
Location: Canada

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Cullsoft » Sat Nov 27 2004 11:32pm

superrojo @ Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:24 pm) wrote: There actually is a Monkey suit in Shining Wisdom, I believe (Well, it's one of the Saturn SF games).

Correctamundo. :) 'Tis an item in SW.
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
Cullsoft

User avatar
Shining Furce
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 5285
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 1:56pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Crash » Mon Nov 29 2004 6:07pm

Chester the Pegasus Knight @ Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:04 pm) wrote: Really? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!!!

(VETE AL DEMONIO!!!!!!!)

If you were smart you were not thinking about the "Q GAME". I was talking about the Limit:Q.

Soo... when you're smart, you don't think about stuff. Explain this to me.


Also, Arc: Good luck getting to use a non-Shining avvie. If you want to try anyway, PM or e-mail Moogie about it.
© Dan 2011


Supreme Poobah: Members for Good Grammar

Alpha wrote:Dan's awesome is such that you cannot overrule him.
© Dan 2011


Supreme Poobah: Members for Good Grammar

Alpha wrote:Dan's awesome is such that you cannot overrule him.
Crash

Doomsayer of Chaos
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 2249
Joined: Tue Sep 21 2004 10:22pm
Location: Boynton Beach, Florida, USA.

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby superrojo » Mon Nov 29 2004 6:22pm

tbtwrestlerdan @ Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:07 pm) wrote: Soo... when you're smart, you don't think about stuff. Explain this to me.


Also, Arc: Good luck getting to use a non-Shining avvie. If you want to try anyway, PM or e-mail Moogie about it.

Actually, it states right in the rules: Don't waste your time (and hers) bothering her about it :p
:snarl: <-- Totally my emoticon
:snarl: <-- Totally my emoticon
superrojo

User avatar
The Family Dog
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 577
Joined: Sat Apr 24 2004 4:15am
Location: Northern Virginia, USA

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Skyblade » Mon Nov 29 2004 6:25pm

Rules) wrote:No non-Shining avatars will be added, so don't even ask!


Yup. Sorry, Arc!

Oh, and for the negative one or two SFCers out there who care: My Internet went down a while ago (much to the relief of some of you, I'm sure). But when I got it fixed the popup that says when you receive a new message appears now. So that's fixed too.
"D'you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning, and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me."
~Doctor Who~

///Skyblade the Ultima Mage\\\
\\\----The Shining Legion----///
"D'you know like we were saying? About the Earth revolving? It's like when you were a kid. The first time they tell you that the world's turning, and you just can't quite believe it because everything looks like it's standing still. I can feel it. The turn of the Earth. The ground beneath our feet is spinning at a thousand miles an hour, and the entire planet is hurtling around the sun at sixty seven thousand miles an hour. And I can feel it. We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go... That's who I am. Now forget me."
~Doctor Who~

///Skyblade the Ultima Mage\\\
\\\----The Shining Legion----///
Skyblade

The Ultima Mage
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 523
Joined: Mon Oct 04 2004 6:26pm
Location: Dallas, Texas, The United States, North America, The Western Hemisphere, Earth, The Solar System, Th

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby Mondesto Keys » Tue Mar 08 2005 4:50pm

as long as everbody gets the message and abides by the rules, no one will get in trouble.
living is a one big video game and i think i'm not winning
living is a one big video game and i think i'm not winning
Mondesto Keys

Member
Member
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Oct 13 2004 6:32pm
Location: PA/United States

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby MoonAngel » Sat Mar 19 2005 12:01am

I have a question:

Can a member become a moderator?
MoonAngel

Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Mar 08 2005 4:56pm

PreviousNext

Return to Newbie Training Grounds

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest