Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Off-Topic Forums Newbie Training Grounds
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

The Official SFC Help thread

For newbies

A place to welcome new members, and give them the opportunity to settle in, ask questions about the rules if they're not sure about any etc :) A good place to make your first post!

Re: The Official SFC Help thread

Postby claire fraser » Sat Mar 19 2005 12:06am

this is in the rules that you agreed to follow when you joined -

People who request to be made moderators/admins are unlikely to receive a response.

and, to answer, all moderators and admins (except Moogs) were just members at one time.
The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the a__hole. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge a__hole.

The more complicated the Starbucks order, the bigger the a__hole. If you walk into a Starbucks and order a "decaf grande half-soy, half-low fat, iced vanilla, double-shot, gingerbread cappuccino, extra dry, light ice, with one Sweet-n'-Low and one NutraSweet," ooh, you're a huge a__hole.

claire fraser

Boudiga
Administrator

Postby superrojo » Sat Mar 19 2005 12:37am

Although some of us have been mods/admins long enough that we can't remember being regular members XD
:snarl: <-- Totally my emoticon
:snarl: <-- Totally my emoticon
superrojo

The Family Dog
Shining Hero

Postby Mondesto Keys » Wed Mar 30 2005 5:32pm

so what level do you have to be to become a mod?
or that option is given you in your pm mail?
living is a one big video game and i think i'm not winning
Mondesto Keys

Postby Crash » Thu Mar 31 2005 8:08pm

Mondesto Keys @ Wed Mar 30, 2005 12:32 pm) wrote: so what level do you have to be to become a mod?
or that option is given you in your pm mail?

Can I smack him now, or does anyone want to join me?

There's no level or anything at all that determines who will be made a moderator or administrator. The only way a normal member can become one is if Moogie feels that she needs another mod. Then, she'll consult with the current mods/admins to determine the best person to fill the position (I believe). It hardly ever happens, so anyone's chances are fairly slim.

There are also unsanctioned ways, involving Bear and Claire, but don't even dwell on that.
© Dan 2011

Supreme Poobah: Members for Good Grammar

Alpha wrote:Dan's awesome is such that you cannot overrule him.
© Dan 2011

Crash

Doomsayer of Chaos
Shining Legend

Postby DarkWitch » Thu Mar 31 2005 9:48pm

I have a question: What is the person's title with a gold star?
DarkWitch

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby VoxPVoxD » Sat Apr 02 2005 3:22am

Me? Or just the regular title of a gold star?
VoxPVoxD

Non Licet Bovi
Shining Legend

Postby DarkWitch » Sat Apr 02 2005 3:53am

Any person that has a gold star and hasn't changed his/her title.
DarkWitch

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby VoxPVoxD » Sat Apr 02 2005 3:56am

As far as I know, it stays Shining Legend.
VoxPVoxD

Non Licet Bovi
Shining Legend

Postby stljumpster » Sat Apr 02 2005 9:19am

Can you help me out please:

Someone else reserved the Avator that I had originally. The one I really liked. Now it is gone. I would know like to post the Force Sword as my new Avator (it is on my SF profile). Can any Moderator do this for me or tell me how to do it?
C'mon let's wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up/Shut up shut up shut up shut up/It's time to smell the coffee"--Dolores O'Riordan

-----------------
Rocky Balboa: "It ain't about how hard you can hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take, and keep moving forward, THAT'S HOW WINNING IS DONE!"
C'mon let's wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up/Shut up shut up shut up shut up/It's time to smell the coffee"--Dolores O'Riordan

-----------------
Rocky Balboa: "It ain't about how hard you can hit, its about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take, and keep moving forward, THAT'S HOW WINNING IS DONE!"
stljumpster

Postby the tall guy » Sat Apr 02 2005 3:27pm

stljumpster @ Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:19 am) wrote: Can you help me out please:

Someone else reserved the Avator that I had originally. The one I really liked. Now it is gone. I would know like to post the Force Sword as my new Avator (it is on my SF profile). Can any Moderator do this for me or tell me how to do it?

For now our top admin is away and she takes care of any new avatars. I also doubt that she'll take the time, when she is back, to upload it (as you may have noticed, pretty much all the avatars here are faces).

I think you may just have to pick a new one.
“I can resist everything except temptation”
“I can resist everything except temptation”
the tall guy

Pyromaniac
Shining Legend

Postby Assassins » Mon Apr 11 2005 8:41pm

I'd like to add a little tip to this:

In between the help and members links is a link called search. If there is something you want to talk about, and you're not sure if has been mentioned before or not, just click on search and use the proper keyword for your desired topic (i.e. a topic about a new game coming out, such as Starcraft: Ghost [slated on the next-gen consoles >.<]). If you find a topic, you can add to it, but if you don't find a topic, you can start one. Starting a topic that already exists will get your topic locked (such as starting a BMD when the former one is only 4 pages long).
The failblood.

On the battlefield, when everything is chaos/ you have nothing but the way you feel, your strategy and a sword/ just think of the life you'll have together after the war
The failblood.

On the battlefield, when everything is chaos/ you have nothing but the way you feel, your strategy and a sword/ just think of the life you'll have together after the war
Assassins

Mentat
Shining Legend

Postby Meddyan » Tue Apr 19 2005 1:23am

Hmm... have the avatars dissappeared or something? Yesterday i was messing around and accidentaly deleted mine, and now i can't even get to select another one =/

I'll go to 'Edit Avatar Settings' and 3 errors appear at the top

Warning: opendir(/home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/htmlavatars): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1612

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1614

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1631

... and so on, and that drop-down box where i says 'Choose an avatar from one of our galleries'? Thats got nothing in it...

This is probably just a pissy problem, but it'd be nice to know whats going on at least >_>
Sir, I just have to point out that you smell. No. Yes. Sorry. I'll shut up.
Meddyan

Postby Mondesto Keys » Tue Apr 19 2005 12:41pm

try to go back to the avatar setting. from there you should find them. its not that complicated. just go back to your settings, and select one.
Mondesto Keys

Postby claire fraser » Tue Apr 19 2005 4:30pm

Meddyan @ Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:23 pm) wrote: Hmm... have the avatars dissappeared or something? Yesterday i was messing around and accidentaly deleted mine, and now i can't even get to select another one =/

Warning: opendir(/home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/htmlavatars): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1612

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1614

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1631

... and so on, and that drop-down box where i says 'Choose an avatar from one of our galleries'? Thats got nothing in it...

This is probably just a pissy problem, but it'd be nice to know whats going on at least >_>

if you can't get this figured out, shoot Moogie a PM about it.

claire fraser

Boudiga
Administrator

Postby Daria » Tue Apr 19 2005 4:37pm

Meddyan @ Tue Apr 19, 2005 12:23 am) wrote: Hmm... have the avatars dissappeared or something? Yesterday i was messing around and accidentaly deleted mine, and now i can't even get to select another one =/

Whoa. I'm getting the same thing! O.O
Daria

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Crash » Wed Apr 20 2005 8:18pm

I got more than 3. Maybe it's different if you've already reserved an avatar?

Warning: opendir(/home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/htmlavatars): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1388

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1390

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1407

Warning: opendir(/home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/htmlavatars): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1434

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1436

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/virtual/site14/fst/var/www/html/sources/Usercp.php on line 1477
© Dan 2011

© Dan 2011

Crash

Doomsayer of Chaos
Shining Legend

Postby Meddyan » Sat Apr 23 2005 10:50am

Well, if i were to take a stab at the problem, its that all the avatars are still there but unaccesable (obviously)

I even tried testing it in regular IE and Firefox, no dice =/

Although i will PM Moog about it however (unless one of you already have done so)
Meddyan

Postby zylo_bleu » Sat Apr 23 2005 11:53am

I have PM ed Moogie bout the Avatar prob as i get those messages too three of them. She should be able to sort it out. She is the goddess of all things shining so it'll be no problem for her!
Lies your parents tell you:
1) Eat your greens and you will grow big and strong
2)When I was your age, We walked to school
3) if you crack your fingers, you'll get arthuritus
And finally:
4) If you tell me now, I promise I wont get mad.
And finally:
zylo_bleu

Postby HyperHacker » Sat Apr 23 2005 9:01pm

Just looks like database problems. Apparently there's been a few due to low disk space.

Any idea why I get a '530 login incorrect' error when my personal photo starts to load? O_o
As a great mind once said...
Eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding...
As a great mind once said...
Eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding...
HyperHacker

Postby zylo_bleu » Sun Apr 24 2005 1:51pm

The Avatar problem is solved. I got my new avatar today!
well done Moogs!
And finally:
And finally:
zylo_bleu

PreviousNext

Return to Newbie Training Grounds