A SF Newbie diving in.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14 2019 10:05pm
by blazingwolf
I've never played any of the SF to complete, but my wifes cousin was super into them growing up and as a Nintendo fanboy growing up I love diving into Sega stuff, its incredibly nostalgic despite never owning a Sega console as kid (just playing friends Genesis/Dreamcast).

Looking forward to diving into the whole series. I plan to do SF 1-2-CD-3 then go from there. I tried the very first one that's first person and playing 3-4 hours and despite being a sticker for playing entire series when doing in, I couldn't stay engaged.

Re: A SF Newbie diving in.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24 2019 4:30pm
by MXC
If you plan on playing all there is a chronological order to go in that doesn't quite make sense on the surface. I won't be too spoilery with it but if you want more info, I can tell you the order.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24 2019 11:34pm
by ehow22
First Person? I'm guessing that's Shining in the Darkness.....Yeah, it's not for everybody. Welcome, regardless. And beware of MXC :jk:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25 2019 1:14am
by MXC
Hey now, I don't live in Florida at least!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25 2019 4:28am
by ehow22
I keep the crazies at bay. You're welcome. :shifty:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12 2019 4:20pm
by DomingoRules!
ehow22 wrote:First Person? I'm guessing that's Shining in the Darkness.....Yeah, it's not for everybody. Welcome, regardless. And beware of MXC :jk:

Agreed. Granted I enjoy the game, I don't feel as though it's aged quite as well as other entries in the series. Not to mention I've always felt first-person dungeon crawlers are a rather niche sub-genre of RPGs targeted towards very specific people.