Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Off-Topic Forums Newbie Training Grounds
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Introductions~

Me saying hello!

A place to welcome new members, and give them the opportunity to settle in, ask questions about the rules if they're not sure about any etc :) A good place to make your first post!

Introductions~

Postby Doh042 » Wed Nov 29 2017 5:46am

Hello fellow SF fans!

I don't think my posts have been approved yet, but I feel like dropping a message in the introduction section (instead of straight into the Fanwork section) is probably a good idea!

I got a Sega Genesis fairly late in its life -- I think Sonic 1 was the bundled game when I purchased it. But I had often rented or borrowed one from friends. I was especially fond the Phantasy Star games that my friend would lend me together with the console.

The Shining Force series has held an important place in my heart ever since I got the first game, drawn by some pictures of the combat sequences in a Toys'R'Us magazine, I believe.

I had been looking for a game of the same genre as Phantasy Star, and the HP bars had led me to believe that this is what I was getting. I was in for quite a surprise! But I really adored the game, and also the 2nd one.

I haven't played much of the other Shining Games. I believe I have Exa or Neo (One of the action one... "Hot stuff, coming your way!" "Tremble before my might evil!"), and Holy Ark (Which I quite liked!). Imported SF3 Chapter1, thinking I would import 2 and 3 (and already knew 2 and 3 wouldn't be translated, so I wasn't sure if my save game could survivre the switch). Didn't end up buying or ever playing the other chapters. I quite like the music, but I'm no fan of the 3d pre-generated sprite business that Camelot had been doing back then and in Golden Sun.

I remember ever since highschool (and beyond) constantly thinking of making my own Shining Force game, and trying many times to get the project started. I'm currently once again stepping into that crazy territory -- we'll see if anything comes out of that (doubtful!). But it's nice to see other people are still carrying on the dream, and the many fan-projects on this board!

Anyway, nice to meet you all~
... enjoy!

-Doh
... enjoy!

-Doh
Doh042

Re: Introductions~

Postby Dandy » Sat Jan 13 2018 8:10am

Enjoy your stay at the forum!
Dandy

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Introductions~

Postby DiegoMM » Sun Jan 14 2018 2:21pm

Welcome! :D
I learned english playing Shining Force 2!
I learned english playing Shining Force 2!
DiegoMM

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Newbie Training Grounds