Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Off-Topic Forums Newbie Training Grounds
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Hello fellow Force members!

longtime fan, finally posting

A place to welcome new members, and give them the opportunity to settle in, ask questions about the rules if they're not sure about any etc :) A good place to make your first post!

Hello fellow Force members!

Postby jchodoriwsky » Sat May 14 2016 4:36am

:excited: Hi everyone,

It's good to be here. I've been aware of this great site and forum for a while, and Shining Force has been my favourite game probably forever. Still is!

I'm glad to see the community still going strong. Sorry it took me a while to show up - it's been a crazy few years for me over the past while, but that's a longer story.

Years ago I was pretty active on the gamefaqs forum, under the username shinkutat. No idea if anyone from there is still around, but I'd be pleasantly surprised if so. I was young and brash then, trying to take on too much in leading my own Shining Force remake without enough appreciation of the true scope. But it was a valuable lesson that allowed me to eventually create something else and bring it to completion. :thumbsup:

I look forward to settling in here. :)

Cheers,
-Jacob
jchodoriwsky

Re: Hello fellow Force members!

Postby Assassins » Sat May 14 2016 6:50pm

Welcome to the site. Going strong might not be super accurate but we are still kicking around here. Feel free to hop into the conversation. We have a couple of shining force lets plays that are active, and the general chatter is chugging along with the Bored Members discussion topic that is basically us shooting the breeze about random things.

Fun and games has some pointless but amusing games going, and if you are into forum roleplaying, well that is prettydead right now but I'm trying to kickstart it.

Have fun and hope you hang around a bit
The failblood.

On the battlefield, when everything is chaos/ you have nothing but the way you feel, your strategy and a sword/ just think of the life you'll have together after the war
The failblood.

On the battlefield, when everything is chaos/ you have nothing but the way you feel, your strategy and a sword/ just think of the life you'll have together after the war
Assassins

Mentat
Shining Legend

Postby Ghostly Jenn » Sun May 15 2016 12:45am

Still kicking may not be accurate, we're too old fo dat shit around here. /shakes cane

I heard mention of you on another forum I was browsing around here for your work on some translation you had done. I'm happy to see you made your way over here. :p Welcome to the forums.
I don't know how to be [...]; it doesn't get better and it doesn't get easier. I can't keep lying to myself saying I'm gonna change, I'm poison. I come from poison, I have poison inside me, and I destroy everything I touch. That's my legacy; I have nothing to show for the life that I've lived and I have nobody in my life who's better off for having known me.
I don't know how to be [...]; it doesn't get better and it doesn't get easier. I can't keep lying to myself saying I'm gonna change, I'm poison. I come from poison, I have poison inside me, and I destroy everything I touch. That's my legacy; I have nothing to show for the life that I've lived and I have nobody in my life who's better off for having known me.
Ghostly Jenn

Greetings Traveler
Shining Legend

Postby jchodoriwsky » Sun May 15 2016 3:06am

Thanks Assassins and Ghostly Adam! Great to be welcomed.

Some time ago I was given an iPod Touch 5g and put Shining Force on it ... but when I updated to iOS 9.1 it stopped working, I took it off, and now I think it's gone forever. :(

I'm not sure if this is an ok place to put this, but I did eventually complete a project partially inspired by Shining Force, and would love members' feedback in whatever forum would be most appropriate. Even if it's not super-active here I think it would be really helpful. :)
jchodoriwsky

Postby Assassins » Sun May 15 2016 4:45am

Shining fanwork forum
The failblood.

The failblood.

Assassins

Mentat
Shining Legend

Postby Dandy » Sun May 15 2016 6:04am

Welcome to the forum JCH. Enjoy your stay.
Dandy

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby jchodoriwsky » Thu May 19 2016 9:22pm

Thanks Dandy! Hope I can try some of those challenge mods I see people have been working so hard on. :)
jchodoriwsky

Postby DiegoMM » Sun May 22 2016 6:29pm

Welcome!
Interesting articles about true things shining: http://www.everystudent.com/
Interesting articles about true things shining: http://www.everystudent.com/
DiegoMM

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Newbie Training Grounds