Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Off-Topic Forums Newbie Training Grounds
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Glad to see this place is still up and running

A place to welcome new members, and give them the opportunity to settle in, ask questions about the rules if they're not sure about any etc :) A good place to make your first post!

Glad to see this place is still up and running

Postby Buffel » Thu Feb 08 2018 2:21pm

I remember being a part of this forum many, many years ago. Apparently it was so long ago that either my old account no longer exists or I just forgot which email address I used for it. Ah well.

I still have fond memories of that SF1 romhack that allowed for solo character runs and the contests revolving around that.
Buffel

Re: Glad to see this place is still up and running

Postby Kaihaku » Mon Feb 26 2018 5:10pm

Welcome back. Some forums are more active than others, but this place does keep on.
The Once and Future Kai
"The quick brown vox jumps ofer the lazy dog"
The Once and Future Kai
"The quick brown vox jumps ofer the lazy dog"
Kaihaku

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby DiegoMM » Tue Feb 27 2018 9:34pm

What was your old account name?
I learned english playing Shining Force 2!
I learned english playing Shining Force 2!
DiegoMM

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Sega91 » Sun May 13 2018 6:09pm

Yes I was kind of surprised to still see it going, given how moribund most forums are not thanks to social media.

I kind of have to stop and pinch myself to remember the last real Shining Force (excluding the rehash on the GBA) and one of my favourite games ever (SF3), game out... 20 years ago in the UK next month! And when I was an active member back here in 2001/2002 it seemed like an old game and yet, in retrospect it was actualy pretty recent back then.

It's sad to see Camelot and Sega in such a state now. Their last Golden Sun, their last RPG really, tanked critically and they seem to be relegated to producing Mario spin offs. Sega... eh, there's a whole story best forgotten. Apart from Yakuza, I can't remember too many games that I can really name, for a company who used to be locked with Nintendo with some of the most iconic games of the 90's, it's a really sad fall from grace.

You know, Shemue 3 was finally build with kickstarter money. Is anything like this possible with Shining Force 4, or are the copyright issues too difficult to resolve?
Sega91

Return to Newbie Training Grounds