Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Off-Topic Forums Newbie Training Grounds
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Hello

A place to welcome new members, and give them the opportunity to settle in, ask questions about the rules if they're not sure about any etc :) A good place to make your first post!

Hello

Postby Mirad » Sat Sep 02 2017 8:34am

I've been lurking the forums for years as a guest and I finally decided to join after putting it off for so long. I look forward to meeting with the SF Community.
Mirad

Re: Hello

Postby Wiz » Sat Sep 02 2017 10:14pm

Welcome to the club of the ex-long-time-lurkers. ;)
Wiz

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Dandy » Mon Sep 04 2017 6:47am

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Dandy

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby DiegoMM » Mon Sep 04 2017 3:15pm

Welcome, say something about you. Favorite shinig game/character?
Interesting articles about true things shining: http://www.everystudent.com/
Interesting articles about true things shining: http://www.everystudent.com/
DiegoMM

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Wulfunruh » Mon Sep 04 2017 5:51pm

What part of the site do you lurk on?

...and you have an account, you can post now. Haha.
Wulfunruh

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Mirad » Sun Sep 10 2017 9:25am

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

I haven't had the chance to play every single Shining game yet, but hopefully I will once I get myself situated.

I played Shining Force 1 and 2 on the Sega Genesis, ROTDD on the Game Boy Advance and NEO on the PS2. I've always wanted to play 3, but I was broke at the time to buy a copy when it was cheap.

Out of the four I played, I have to say my favorite Shining Force game would be 1! I have such fond memories. I enjoyed it so much that I had to keep renting it from the video store every time we went. I was also kinda mad that every time I rented it, my data kept getting erased :/ I saved up my bday money and bought the game from the video store. I still have it today with me. I'll get around to replacing the battery soon. It still works like it was yesterday when I fired her up. I forgot I have it on my phone also. I still play it every now and then. I'm at the battle with King Ramaladu. I've been leveling up my main characters to 30 since they had the best stats at level 20. Torasu is Level 39. I did promote everyone at level 20 iirc.

Max (I was hoping to get Max's hp in the ?? range like i did on the Genesis but he barely made it to 80 hp at level 30)
Mae
Arthur
Luke
Domingo (had Alef, Anri)
Torasu (had Gong and Khris, but that Aura lev 4 is just too good to pass on!)
Lyle (had Diane)
Kokichi
Bleu (had Balboroy until I lost the Sword of Darkness :/)
Zylo (had Adam)
Musashi (had Guntz)
Hanzou

I like all the characters. Each one brought something different and unique to the table. But if I had to pick, It would have to be Lyle. Can't beat the range on that cannon!

I mainly lurked on the games that I played and finished and the personal projects from the community members that were working on making their own Shining Force game/game engine. It's been a lifelong dream to make my own Shining Force game. I always wanted to help out the staff making Legacies of Veridocia but work and other stuff keeps getting the way :/ once I'm a bit more settled I'll be sure to pitch in. I look forward to its next chapter along with ChaosWizards game engine.

Once I play the other Shining Force games and finish them. I'll check out those sections too. I don't want to come across any spoilers and what not that may ruin my playing experience. :/

I think I said too much lol.
Mirad

Postby MXC » Sun Sep 10 2017 4:18pm

Whenever you're ready to contribute to LoV, send me a PM and I can get you caught up :)
MXC

Shining Legend

Return to Newbie Training Grounds