Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Fanwork
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force III: 16-bit

For revealing previews and info regarding my 2D SF3 project.

Share, discuss or get ideas for your Shining Fanwork here! Anything from fanfic and fanart to homebrew Shining games and midi composition!

Re: Shining Force III: 16-bit

Postby Tor_Heyerdal » Mon Dec 30 2013 11:11pm

Something like this then?~

Yeah, that's pretty sick. ^^

Wait,what do you mean?~ Sorry I'm a little slow today which is why I ask. XD

I mean the fact that you can reconstruct a song to the point where you can't even tell that that wasn't the original track shows me that you know what you're doing. lol

Noted, except for the intro and ending theme. Those get the grace of having silence in them. Yet, I do understand and it will indeed be a while, since I have a history of composing a games soundtrack fast and or remaking music from the Shining Force games...Oopsy, anyway! I do hope it's something you are searching for.

True. The intro and ending theme would have the grace of silence in them. lol. And it's okay if it's gonna' be a while. Take your sweet time with it, as the project itself is going to make much more than a while. lol. And yes, 'tis certainly something which I am searching for. :)
Creator of Shining Force III: 16-bit (WIP).
Tjelladallak våriiikeõdõtsyk jeissõ'eilamnikinõhõn. Ii'tuntoimjähädälläjät, niin miietsy iimpa'tyõhõnja.
Tjelladallak våriiikeõdõtsyk jeissõ'eilamnikinõhõn. Ii'tuntoimjähädälläjät, niin miietsy iimpa'tyõhõnja.
Tor_Heyerdal

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby metateen » Tue Dec 31 2013 7:39am

Tor_Heyerdal wrote:
True. The intro and ending theme would have the grace of silence in them. lol. And it's okay if it's gonna' be a while. Take your sweet time with it, as the project itself is going to make much more than a while. lol. And yes, 'tis certainly something which I am searching for. :)

So does this mean I am on board?~
~Photobucket~Composer~GMC character designer~DevintART~
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 78d426.png
metateen

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Tor_Heyerdal » Tue Dec 31 2013 8:01am

If you'd like the position, then yeah. Welcome aboard. :)
Tor_Heyerdal

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby metateen » Tue Dec 31 2013 9:21am

Tor_Heyerdal wrote:

If you'd like the position, then yeah. Welcome aboard. :)

Yes!!!~
metateen

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby b4mv » Mon Mar 24 2014 2:10pm

First post of the new year! Woo Hoo!

Anyway, Just wanted to say I still have super high hopes for this project. Hope life's not being too hard on ya'.
Cheers!
b4mv

Postby DiegoMM » Tue Mar 25 2014 12:12am

A suggestion: You can use the sprites of the playstation game Beyond the Beyond on your project. they are made by camelot using the style and colors of the 16 bit shining force.
http://www.spriters-resource.com/playst ... thebeyond/

The goblin in this game looks more like the sf3 one.
they have sprites for a succubus, that you recolor for a sf3 color.
they have soldiers and archer soldiers that sf3 uses a lot.
the demon looks like the sf3 one. The dragon too.
they have a ghost type monster that you can use as the lich.
tha mage with the hood looks like some of the mage of sf3.
and the sasquatch/yeti/bigfoot is the same as sf3.
the gargoyle looks more like the sf3 one.

even if dont want to use them, you can use that sprites as base for edits.
Last edited by DiegoMM on Tue Mar 25 2014 3:07am, edited 1 time in total.
DiegoMM

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Tor_Heyerdal » Tue Mar 25 2014 1:38am

These are fantastic! Thank you so much, DiegoMM! I had never heard of this before. :excited:

Anyway, Just wanted to say I still have super high hopes for this project. Hope life's not being too hard on ya'.
Cheers!

Actually, I think that things might finally be starting to look up a bit in the near future. :)
Tor_Heyerdal

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Khazad » Sun Mar 30 2014 10:26am

Yay, glad to hear! I am sure there are tons of people who still around and rooting for you - just like I do :)
Khazad

Postby RedShine » Tue Apr 08 2014 8:00am

I saw this and absolutely had to chip in. I love Shining Force 3 to death (I got a better machine just so I could run it properly) and although unlike some here, I do love the Saturn incarnation with its 3D engine, I still think you are working on something wonderful, something that just might make the game more accessible to a wider audience.

I congratulate your bravery and dedication, and good luck.
RedShine

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Tor_Heyerdal » Tue Apr 08 2014 11:28am

Such encouraging. So thanks. Much humble. hehehe. By which I mean thanks a lot, RedShine. I also love the Saturn incarnation, but the Genesis/Mega-Drive incarnation just had that... je ne c'est quoi about it. Granted, that "ness" is probably nostalgia driven, but still. As great as the Saturn incarnation was, it just kind of felt like it ought to have been in the same style as its predecessors. But I commend them for being innovative at the same time, and I still love the result that we did get.
Tor_Heyerdal

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Caedmonball19 » Tue Apr 08 2014 4:14pm

Hey Tor glad to see you still checking in. I know you were busy and had to put the project on hold, but we look forward to when time and life allow you to continue.
Caedmonball19

The Black Sheep
Shining Hero

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Tue Apr 08 2014 4:48pm

Indeed, I still find this project quite awesome, if only for its graphic resources.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby metateen » Thu Apr 10 2014 5:38am

I've recomposed most of the tracks, wanted me to recompose some of the giggles as well?~
metateen

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Tor_Heyerdal » Thu Apr 10 2014 1:52pm

Yeah, I'm still checkin' in. And I'm looking forward to such a time as well. lol.
@metateen: "Giggles"? I feel like there's some kind of a joke there that I'm missing. =P
Tor_Heyerdal

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Faisal » Sat Apr 12 2014 2:59pm

Yay I would love to play this :)....A major reason is I hated the '3D' interface of SF3...And so I look forward to it...Keep up the good work guys (Y)
Eat food,sleep,wake up,eat food,eat some more,eat a little more,sleep.Repeat everyday and be awesome (Y)
Eat food,sleep,wake up,eat food,eat some more,eat a little more,sleep.Repeat everyday and be awesome (Y)
Faisal

The Asian Sensation
Shining Hero

Postby Maelstrom » Thu Apr 17 2014 5:36pm

What's the progress on this? I can't wait to play it. :)
Maelstrom

Postby Tor_Heyerdal » Thu Apr 17 2014 11:13pm

@Maelstrom: There's a progress report in the opening post. The project has been on hiatus for about a year now because of RL stuff. It's pretty much at the top of my to-do-when-I-have-the-chance-for-such-things list. I'll be back to it sooner or later. I wish I could make promises about it being sooner than later, but I can't say that and be confident that I can keep said promise.
Tor_Heyerdal

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby RedShine » Fri Apr 18 2014 1:45am

Real life can be tough yes, but as much as the community can you will have encouragement from everyone here that shares the ideal with you; good things take patience, so don't forget to be patient as well with your own self to avoid burnouts.
RedShine

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Tor_Heyerdal » Sat Apr 19 2014 7:22am

@Redshine: Yeah. I've got scads of patience. I'm not worried about my patience on this matter. I'm concerned about the patience of everyone else who's anticipating this project. I worry that people look at how long it's been on hiatus and think "oh, great, another dead RPG Maker project," you know? I have worlds of patience, so I *know* that I'll be returning to this at some point, and that I'll be getting to it when I get to it, but there's nothing I can really do to instill that kind of confidence in others, short of promising that it's gonna' happen sooner or later, which only goes so far. lol. =P When I do get back around to it though, I've the feeling that it'll be back with a vengeance. =)
Tor_Heyerdal

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Sat Apr 19 2014 8:56am

Just ignore the pressure if any. Nobody should feel entitled to see this completed in the first place. Personally I'll keep good faith in your work even if it only results in a demo a few years from now. That'd still be better than most of the projects I've seen in this section.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Jinx unto ye!

Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Fanwork