Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Fanwork
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Official Fanart Thread 6

Keeping the dream alive

Share, discuss or get ideas for your Shining Fanwork here! Anything from fanfic and fanart to homebrew Shining games and midi composition!

Re: Official Fanart Thread 6

Postby RainyDaySunshine » Thu Apr 10 2014 9:15am

oh, you made that with a mouse, thats pretty impressive. If you use paths in photoshop theres a little trick to use if you want different line weight. If you download any tablet driver, you could create a path and then fill it with a stroke. If the driver is installed you should have an option to fill it with simulating pen pressure (results depends on the options you selected for the brush)
RainyDaySunshine

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Blasterhead » Thu Apr 17 2014 10:55am

Thanks for the nice comments guys. :>

Unfortunately I can't really afford to get involved in any projects at the moment (barely paying rent!). But I definitely hope to make a strategy rpg of my own one day.
Blasterhead

Postby Nash Vegas » Mon Apr 21 2014 5:51pm

Great art everyone! I had a lot of fun looking through all the old posts.
Nash Vegas

Postby Metallicblue » Fri Jun 20 2014 5:33am

Hope I did this right.

Wanted to share this pic that P-Nwings did for me last year as part of a slideshow with my fave chars.

It's Lord Oddeye with the Jewels of Light and Evil transformed into his eyes.

Isn't he adorable? :love:
Metallicblue

Postby ExevaloN » Mon Aug 25 2014 4:33pm

Daria and Metallic Blue, excellent work and sketches. Definantly loving the Chibi Odd-Eye.
ExevaloN

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Cullsoft » Mon Sep 29 2014 10:01pm

Thread revival time! (Okay, it's only been a month since the last post, and the last submission was a couple of months ago, but I haven't made a post here in over a year or a submission in even longer, so it's time to make amends...)

At the start of September, I tried starting a project to encourage me to work on drawing every day so I would have something new to post online each day, making the uploads to my FurAffinity* gallery. Unfortunately, various things hampered the project through the month and not long after halfway through the whole project fell apart. Still, I was able to get a number of new submission uploaded, so here are a few of the Shining related ones.

* And no, don't worry, despite some of my FA gallery content these pics are all SFW. ;P But yes, they are expectedly Grace heavy.

(Clicking pics here will take you to the pics in my FA gallery, including the full version and further comments)

"Midnight Snack" - Doodled this up to pass by a train journey earlier this year, and took the opportunity to do another time-limit-no-erase exercise.

"Grace - Cleric 2013" - Started out as a remake of a pic I did back in 2004, then evolved into a new pose over time. Also got similar poses of her Priestess and Bishop classes waiting for me to get on with completing...

"Leave us out of your damn metaphors" - Came up with this after some comments made by a certain political party's leader about "[their party]'s fox was now in the Westminster coop". Tammy, one of my custom SF3 era characters, has words to say about the idea of being associated to such a party. (I'm sure folks in the UK - and possibly elsewhere - can work out who and which party I'm referring to...)

"Alef - Blaze" - Okay, who here remembers waaaaaay back when I started working on a series called "The Alef Collection", with a couple of pictures of her casting Desoul and Bolt? Earlier this year I decided I was long overdue in continuing the series, so here's "Blaze".

Image Image
"Grace - Rocket Knight & Magi" - Folks who've been to the last SOUK meet may remember these - Following a thread in the SF3 forums where I suggested my favourites of each class would be Grace with each weapon, I was inspired to put together a series of sketches imagining her in different classes, each with different costumes (and in the process imagining different global cultures that could fit for each class). I've so far made nine of them, but here are two of the most complete: Grace has a steam-powered Rocket Knight (complete with Germanic mad scientist accent) and Magi in Arabian dancer guise. Hopefully I'll get the rest of the series tidied, inked, colured and uploaded before long.

"She wasn't there" - Having started a new game of SF3 using the translation patch, I drew this picture as both an attempt at drawing King Benetram (who I'd never drawn before), and also to set up a scene from a back/side story on Grace that I'm working on (the title alludes to the news Benetram's just given Grace).

Follow up to the "Grace Valentine" pic I did a couple of years back of her cosplaying Jill from Resident Evil - this time dressed up in Jill's secret costume from the original RE.

New concept art of my Fursona/SF3 custom character Kurru Fursdom, including a couple of tweeks to his design.

Another quick Chibi Prim pic, painted using Gouache paints (my art teacher back in 2012 suggested they would be good for my art style, and I liked what I got from them - sadly, I've not had many opportunities to try painting with them since then).

"Grace - Barging in" - Because some days she's not in the mood for me disturbing her while she's undressing. >.>

And something different, having re-read the comments about my SF1 art gallery submission. Here's a painting of my (now late :( ) Grandmother's dog Tammy from back in the 80's. I took a week of work last year to paint this in time for my art college's 2013 gallery exhbition, and am glad I did because unlike the 2012 submissions, this got a lot of positive feedback and even got a place in the entry lobby!

EDIT: Bugger, realised after uploading that FurAffinity blocks hotlinked pictures, and I was seeing cached versions of the previews. Reuploaded the previews to my webspace, links still point to the full versions in my FA gallery.
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby ExevaloN » Tue Oct 14 2014 5:56pm

Nice work Cully! Especially love the 'Grace - Cleric 2013' pic. Excellent work with the painting of your grandmother's dog.
ExevaloN

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Cullsoft » Thu Jan 01 2015 12:43am

Happy New Year everyone, let's hope 2015's a good one.
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby Antman 537 » Thu Jan 01 2015 4:40pm

:thumbsup: Happy new year to you too
Antman 537

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Sigil » Sun Feb 01 2015 10:13pm

Is this thread just for Shiny stuff or can I sneak in some old-school Phantasy as well? Am plugging away at a thing in my spare time, wonder if people are interested. <3
Are you on deviantArt? Stop by and say hi!
Sigil

Postby Cullsoft » Mon Feb 02 2015 7:50pm

Sigil wrote:Is this thread just for Shiny stuff or can I sneak in some old-school Phantasy as well? Am plugging away at a thing in my spare time, wonder if people are interested. <3

It's primarily for Shining series fanart. We won't say no to the occasional non-Shining fanart (if anything, it can help boost interest in the thread), but don't want the thread to veer off-topic, and depending on the subject may have limited interest (though old-school Phantasy Star should be safe). It also helps if you post some Shining series fanart too - if not now then at some point later.
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby MXC » Mon Feb 02 2015 7:54pm

So really, post one Shining related piece followed by a bunch of other stuff :shifty:
MXC

Shining Legend

Postby Cullsoft » Mon Feb 02 2015 7:58pm

MXC wrote:So really, post one Shining related piece followed by a bunch of other stuff :shifty:

If you wanna be cheeky about it. :biggrin:

Just to expand on that last bit: it also helps if you post some Shining series fanart too - if not now then at some point later - as a sign of contributing to the thread's core topic.
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby Stordarth » Mon Feb 02 2015 11:34pm

I'd suggest making a general fanart thread in General Chatter for non-shining art, Sigil.

It does seem odd that I don't recall ever seeing one before for non-shining works... :confused:
Stordarth

The L-Block Anomaly
Administrator

Postby Sigil » Tue Feb 03 2015 12:00am

Gotcha, Stor. Maybe not now (thing I wanted to show off is still getting put together) but yeah, it does seem kind of odd there's not an existing one already.
Sigil

Postby Cullsoft » Tue Feb 03 2015 9:51pm

Stordarth wrote:It does seem odd that I don't recall ever seeing one before for non-shining works... :confused:

I think that may be because most fanartists would post Shining fanart in this thread, and then throw in some non-Shining work along with it - that's generally been my experience. Though I do vaguely recall an RPG/game fanart thread being made in either OG or ORPG at some point - just never really took off IIRC.
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby Martin III » Wed Apr 08 2015 1:53pm

Culley, those are all terrific. I always enjoy your sense of humor with these. My favorite is the Grace cleric one, though. She's got such wonderful poise there, and it's a very lifelike rendering, as though she just stepped out of the game.

I really dig the rocket knight and magi drawings, too. Their facial expressions, pose, and attire show off so much personality. The Grace and Benetram one is most intriguing; I really want to know what's going on there. And I always dig me some Prim fanart. Even if I didn't know her already, that look in her eyes would tell me that she can kick butt like no other kyantol.
Martin III

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby 2Tie » Thu Apr 09 2015 4:19am

Woo, now that my first post is out of the way, lemme throw a drawing up I did roughly a year ago:

(clicky for larger pic!)

Shading on the head's a bit different than the rest (but I was half asleep at the time), but all in all this is one of the drawings I'm actually a little happy with :3

woo alef
2Tie

Postby Pingurules » Mon Apr 13 2015 5:02pm

You guys are awesome, so much unlike me who can't even slade shade to save his life.
I really tried with this one to imitate Shining Force in a beat-em-up series, and here is (younger) Skreech... as usual, people draw what they put in their avatars a lot.

Also, it might come off to you as advertising of some sort, but I do have a topic in "Fun and Games" that revolves entirely around artwork. You might want to check it out if you have the time :)
For some reason, I find the majority of birds to be irresistibly cute.

SFC RPG: Wins-14 Losses-684 Escapes-57
For some reason, I find the majority of birds to be irresistibly cute.

SFC RPG: Wins-14 Losses-684 Escapes-57
Pingurules

That One Birdman
Shining Hero

Postby Lucifer » Wed Jun 24 2015 8:50am

I happened upon this and thought it was well worth posting.
WARNING: SPOILER!

I claim no credit, it was posted on Deviantart by someone using the username Vincent-Northwind
(My apologies if this has already been posted)
Lucifer

Shining Member
Shining Member

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Fanwork