Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Fanwork
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Project Gaiden Final Conflict New Character

Share, discuss or get ideas for your Shining Fanwork here! Anything from fanfic and fanart to homebrew Shining games and midi composition!

Domingo Like Character

Yes
33%
No
67%

Total votes : 18

Project Gaiden Final Conflict New Character

Postby LordOddEye » Wed Apr 04 2018 5:40pm

Hey everyone,

I was curious what everyone's thoughts were on adding in a new character. If I were to add in one more secret character to FC that is somehow related to Domingo would people be opposed to it?

Please vote using the poll I think i'll only go through with the option if at least 85% are in agreement and we have a big enough sample size.

Here is a very basic proposal for a new design:

WARNING: SPOILER!

If anyone wants to create a better asset if the poll goes through I'm always open for submissions.

I'd once again like to thank everyone for their ongoing support. I want you to know that all you're opinions and feedback helps keep me motivated and working effortlessly on completing the project as soon as possible for you all, while ensuring the best possible quality.

Another option is bringing Domingo back post your thoughts below.

If Yes we can go through as a community in forming the lore behind this and the reoccuring character or new character

Yes :thumbsup: or No :(

Regards,

LordOddEye
Creator of the Shining Force Gaiden Final Conflict Remake:

https://forums.shiningforcecentral.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=40095

LordOddEye

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Project Gaiden Final Conflict New Character

Postby DiegoMM » Wed Apr 04 2018 8:57pm

I dont think its a good idea. A original character always is better in mind of the creator, but probably a random person playing it will not like or just ignore it, mainly because its not a sega creation. If you put domingo (instead of a domingo-like character) maybe the domingo fans will like it.

example, in the streets of rage remake, they made a lot of effort in creating a new char, rudra. I never played with her or had interest.

If you want a extra character maybe yogurt or adam, they appear in the game but are not playable.

Your project is awesome, keep the good work.
Speaking...tires me.
Fighting...tires me
I'm tired.
Speaking...tires me.
Fighting...tires me
I'm tired.
DiegoMM

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby alex_man » Wed Apr 04 2018 9:00pm

i would like to be the game as original as possible so my vote is a no :thumbsup:
alex_man

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby LordOddEye » Wed Apr 04 2018 9:07pm

Thanks guys glad to hear from you all you are absolutely right! I take everything very seriously when designing this project so it's good to here from the fans to make sure it satisfies all audiences. My hope is to make this as enjoyable as possible for all fans and more.

LordOddEye

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Remuko » Wed Apr 04 2018 9:59pm

I voted yes because it would be cool but I understand the people saying no. What I really want out of a game (not necessarily this as its a remake) is a female SDMN/HERO character. But I digress.
Remuko

Postby alex_man » Wed Apr 04 2018 11:34pm

but we need more voters :)
alex_man

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Chaoswizard98 » Thu Apr 05 2018 2:27pm

I would vote, but there's no option for "either is fine." I'm cool with whatever is decided. I personally think that it should be a character that's already present in the Shining world. Perhaps someone manages to fix Adam so that he can fight again. Maybe Max is able to repair him when he joins.

Remuko wrote:What I really want out of a game (not necessarily this as its a remake) is a female SDMN/HERO character. But I digress.

As a developer myself, I've thought about doing this for a few characters but I always end up changing the class to something that fits that character a bit better. I can confirm though, that you'll see one eventually. :thumbsup:
Creator of the GameMaker Shining Engine and "The Legend of Syro" Fan Game. (WIP)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26022
Creator of the GameMaker Shining Engine and "The Legend of Syro" Fan Game. (WIP)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26022
Chaoswizard98

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Remuko » Thu Apr 05 2018 7:44pm

Chaoswizard98 wrote:I would vote, but there's no option for "either is fine." I'm cool with whatever is decided. I personally think that it should be a character that's already present in the Shining world. Perhaps someone manages to fix Adam so that he can fight again. Maybe Max is able to repair him when he joins.

Remuko wrote:What I really want out of a game (not necessarily this as its a remake) is a female SDMN/HERO character. But I digress.

As a developer myself, I've thought about doing this for a few characters but I always end up changing the class to something that fits that character a bit better. I can confirm though, that you'll see one eventually. :thumbsup:

So much hype :O I messed around with Caravan and SF2Edit and changed some sprites and went thru all the text to refer to the MC as a girl so I could do a solo playthru as my own "OC". Its been fun but I dont have the skills or the desire to develop the skills to really go as far as I'd like with it.
Remuko

Postby LordOddEye » Thu Apr 05 2018 8:03pm

Hahaha I didn't mean to make the poll into a dichotomy. It's looking like the idea will be dropped. Good news is I've got a few other things working with the game today. Everyday we are closer to the full release!

Regards,

LordOddEye

LordOddEye

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Dr. Doom » Wed Apr 11 2018 2:58pm

I would have voted yes if it was a completely new character instead of a just a re-skin of an existing one. If there was an option for "A Completely New Character" i would have voted for that instead of no.
Dr. Doom

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Alexander_13 » Sun May 06 2018 4:08am

i vote no
Alexander_13

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Red_Shine » Wed May 15 2019 4:14am

An extra character would be neat, but I'd rather it not be a Domingo-type character. Perhaps looking over the force and finding out the weakest aspect of the roster, and then complementing it with a character that would round things out better is an idea that can work.

Edit: Since Hawel is already in the game, why not have a younger Astral as an extra character? just an idea, I know FC has plenty of ties to SF2 already.
Red_Shine

Return to Shining Fanwork