Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Fanwork
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force Tabletop Roleplaying Game [dnd][d100]

Share, discuss or get ideas for your Shining Fanwork here! Anything from fanfic and fanart to homebrew Shining games and midi composition!

Shining Force Tabletop Roleplaying Game [dnd][d100]

Postby edwards64 » Mon Oct 26 2015 1:07am

:shock: About a year and a half ago, before I started Grad School, I started this project to make a Dungeons and Dragons like game based off of the video game Shining Force.

Shining Force was my baby's first beaten video game. So for those of you that aren't huge fans that is what my irrational love for this game is about. My brothers, friends, and I used to play a weekly Pathfinder game and we were looking to try new things and I came up with the idea to write this and I enjoyed writing it.

That being say, I wanted to release this to you guys to see what you think AND if anyone would be interested in test playing that would be very cool.

EDIT:
Here we are about 4 years later from when I started and all of the above is still relevant. The reason for the revival of this project is because a few buddies of mine had talked about playing something similar to DnD but have never played before. Having still had this system on the mind, I recommended it and we have been playing once every other month since. It has been a lot of fun and we have made some good progress as a group updating it. Please take a look and leave some thoughts even if you don't play it and I ask if you give criticism please make it constructive, otherwise I cannot do anything with it!

Credits:
System designed by Mike Edwards.
Based off of Sega and Camelot’s series Shining Force.
Logo designed by DJ Beckage.
Shining World map from Moogie of Shining Force Central
“Shining Force”/ ”Rune” Map from SEGA.
“Shining Force II” / “Grans Island” / “Western Paramecia” Map from SEGA.
“Shining Force III” map from SEGA. Translated by Special T from Shining Force Central.
Character Sheet Design by DJ Beckage.
Play tested by: Doug Edwards, Shanna Edwards, Zach Hollis, Tim Edwards, Jeremy Dental, Jacob Pavlovich, Kenny Weaver, and DJ Beckage.

Prefix:
Based off of research from my own personal experience and from reading several online resources, especially the users of Shining Force Central, I have designed and developed my own tabletop version of the game that I have known and loved growing up, Shining Force. The hope is that it accurately portrays the game, Shining Force, itself while still being a fun table top, d100, game to play! I hope it is fun and enjoyable.

Introduction:
In ages long forgotten, the Light fought the Darkness for control of the world. Dark Dragon led the evil hordes of Darkness. The Ancients fought back with the Powers of Light and Dark Dragon was defeated and cast into another dimension, the evil depths of Arc Valley. The Lord of Darkness vowed to return in 1,000 years. Time passed, and Dark Dragon was forgotten by all. Ten centuries of peace ruled the land of Rune and the other nations of the Shining World. As time passed, evil forces began to grow and return throughout the world. In Rune, Dark Sol led evil forces against its people in attempts to raise the Dark Dragon. Paramecia had to face the forces of Zeon and his devils. Finally, Cypress faced the evil forces of the Demi-God of Iom and his country. And there is so much more. These hordes of devils, demons, and other evil forces have grown to take over this world. Without the Ancients to save this world who will? Who will pick up the fight and take out these evil forces? Who will be the Shining Force to take out the darkness?
In this campaign setting players will take adventures within the Shining World. If it’s based on main games’ story or a story of your own!

Races:

Humans
    Elves
    Dwarves
    Centaurs
    Birdmen
    Kyantol (corrected!)
    Vulpes
    Geiflings
    Wolflings
    Half-Elf
    Half-Dwarf
    Half-Dragon or Dragonute
    Half-Rat or Were Rat
    Beastmen or Werewolves

Unpromoted Classes:
    Swordsman
    Warrior
    Knights
    Mage
    Priest
    Monk
    Thief
    Summoner
    Tamer
    Archer
    Bard
    Tinker

Promoted Classes
    Hero
    Gladiator
    Paladin
    Wizard
    Vicar
    Master Monk
    Sorcerer
    Ninja
    Master Tamer
    Baron
    Holy Warrior
    General
    Master Tinker
    Brass Gunner
    Assassin
    Sword Master
    Sage

Legend Classes
    Apostle of Light
    Berserker
    Holy Knight
    High Wizard
    Bishop
    Supreme Monk
    High Sorcerer
    Master Ninja
    Terminator
    Bow Master
    Red Baron
    Perfect Tamer
    Perfect Machine
    Holy Sage

For information on how the promotion process works please review the book!

The link to the book in PDF is here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1VA-SD ... an8ebSSF_5

The link to the character sheet is here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q89KR ... wSX7oLlpGW

Also, I made a work sheet that will track EXP/Gold but you will need to download it because the formulas are made in excel. I wouldn't call this an official feature:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17vuOc ... b8bdTx1Bhx

I have an example adventure available too. PM me to request!

Hopefully someone reads this. Thanks everyone!
Last edited by edwards64 on Thu May 03 2018 4:32pm, edited 2 times in total.
edwards64

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Shining Force Tabletop Roleplaying Game [dnd][d100]

Postby Cullsoft » Wed Oct 28 2015 12:14am

edwards64 wrote:Races:
Humans
Elves
Dwarves
Centaurs
Birdmen
Kyantol (Dog people)
Pegasus Centaur
Half-Elf
Half-Dwarf
Half-Wolf / Werewolf
Half-Dragon / Dragonute
Half-Rat / Wererat

Corrected.
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby edwards64 » Thu May 03 2018 4:21pm

Hello everyone! Sorry to Necropost but I did put an update in for my tabletop game! Please take a look and leave some thoughts even if you don't play it and I ask if you give criticism please make it constructive, otherwise I cannot do anything with it!
edwards64

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby igotbored07 » Thu May 24 2018 3:00pm

edwards64 wrote:Hello everyone! Sorry to Necropost but I did put an update in for my tabletop game! Please take a look and leave some thoughts even if you don't play it and I ask if you give criticism please make it constructive, otherwise I cannot do anything with it!

I was actually just starting to research Shining Force Tabletop stuff, so thanks for the necropost! :thumbsup:
I'll read through it all and see if I can get interest up to try it out! You said you had a sample adventure? I'd love to take a look at that, too! :)
igotbored07

Postby edwards64 » Fri Sep 14 2018 3:20am

I'm sorry it has been a couple of months
I'm glad this found your interest I hope you found it well. Let me know if you have any criticism.
edwards64

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Fanwork