Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Fanwork
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Guardiana Revisited (Chapter 1)

A Minecraft re-creation

Share, discuss or get ideas for your Shining Fanwork here! Anything from fanfic and fanart to homebrew Shining games and midi composition!

Guardiana Revisited (Chapter 1)

Postby Chaoswizard98 » Fri May 12 2017 11:52pm

I made Guardiana ages ago in Minecraft. Back in 2011. Since then, I've become a much better builder. So without further ado, I present to you, my re-mastery of Guardiana. (Also includes Ancient Shrine and Gong's Hut).

And for all of you who want to check the place out for yourself, I uploaded it on MC world maps for you to enjoy.

https://www.minecraftworldmap.com/world ... 4/5/-2/0/0

(Total Build Time, 48 Hours)
Creator of the GameMaker Shining Engine and "The Legend of Syro" Fan Game. (WIP)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26022
Creator of the GameMaker Shining Engine and "The Legend of Syro" Fan Game. (WIP)
Chaoswizard98

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Guardiana Revisited (Chapter 1)

Postby Noma » Tue May 16 2017 3:44am

Really cool, I remember when MC was still in very early beta (I don't remember what the version was but my options for builds were super limited and a lot of the tools and hacks and even map options like superflat didn't exist, at least not to my knowledge). So I went around a amap actively looking for a spot to build Granseal from SF2. I did and it looked awful, but since then I've always wanted to do a build of some SF1 or 2 world but I just don't ever have the drive to do a build all by myself, I feel like it's more fun to do it with somekne else than to sit for 12 hours or more building alone, and anyone I know who plays MC has no interest in SF.

Anyway you did a great job. If I had to nit pick it would be the chest with the chaos break instead of the sword of light, but thats not a knock on your build, just my weird mild ocd. That also kicks in whenever I saw any of the walls in the headquarters area where the wall didnt have equal spacing between pillars or whatever. Again, doesn't matter but in a build I'm doing I'd be going nuts trying to make things symetrical, sometimes to the detriment of the build since a lot of times things aren't supposed to be that way.
All-Stars Mod: WIP, Revived! Check it out!
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Chaoswizard98 » Tue May 16 2017 4:38am

Heh yeah, I remember the early beta days. Couldn't place stairs upside down and they wouldn't connect around corners, ect. Hell, creative mode didn't even exist lol.

As you mention about the sword of light, you are correct and that was my original plan. I created the Chaosbreaker first in order to 1 shot some things for testing purposes and never created anything else. I didn't have an updated version of NBTE at the time of the video so I couldn't get the SoL in its rightful place. The same thing goes for the shops as well. Nonetheless, I'll be fixing that soon.

I attempted to make the HQ walls symmetrical however it messed with the layout too much so I just filled it with what worked.

Glad you enjoyed it!
Chaoswizard98

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Noma » Tue May 16 2017 4:50am

Chaoswizard98 wrote:I attempted to make the HQ walls symmetrical however it messed with the layout too much so I just filled it with what worked.

Like I said, not a knock and it doesn't effect the quality of the build at all, just something I know would drive me nuts.

You plan on doing anything else? Or was this just because you felt like redoing an older work?
Noma

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Chaoswizard98 » Tue May 16 2017 1:58pm

The answer to that is a bit of both. I do plan on continuing on with the rest of the map, but this is something I don't work on too frequently. Usually only a day or so every once in a while when I get inspiration.
Chaoswizard98

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Fanwork