Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Fanwork
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Another SF Fan Game

Chaos' Second SF Fan Game

Share, discuss or get ideas for your Shining Fanwork here! Anything from fanfic and fanart to homebrew Shining games and midi composition!

Another SF Fan Game

Postby Chaoswizard98 » Fri Apr 14 2017 3:50pm

This game is quite different from the traditional SF games and my main fan game. Really, this project started as a "what else can I make my engine do" moment and went from there.

The basic idea is that each player starts with a portal which they can use to summon units. They must then compete with each other for resources and power. The end goal is to be the last player standing.

Some units (Such as the Viking) can capture structures. Capturing a village yields +50 power per turn, and capturing a portal allows you to summon from that location.

This game also uses the combat triangle. So warriors do lots of damage to archers, archers do lots of damage to mages, and mages do lots of damage to warriors.

Structure capture speed and damage are both based on a unit's health. So weaker units are less effective!

I'm curious what you guys think. Do you enjoy this type of game?
Creator of the GameMaker Shining Engine and "The Legend of Syro" Fan Game. (WIP)
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26022
Creator of the GameMaker Shining Engine and "The Legend of Syro" Fan Game. (WIP)
Chaoswizard98

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Another SF Fan Game

Postby Wulfunruh » Sun Apr 16 2017 12:00am

At its' most basic, I'm into it. I think there's still a lot you could do with it however, I can only the imagine the level of coding it would take. Are you open to ideas? What's your other fan game?
Wulfunruh

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Chaoswizard98 » Sun Apr 16 2017 1:34am

This was just something I whipped up in a very short amount of time due to a random rush of inspiration. As such, it's of course lacking a clean polish, balancing, and some core features.

I can only the imagine the level of coding it would take.

Challenge accepted!
I'm always open to ideas. :thumbsup:

My other fan game is way more true to the SF style. You can find it here:
Chaoswizard98

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby chris1234p » Mon Apr 17 2017 1:44am

Nice work Chaos! To be honest this game isn't exactly my favorite but respect for putting it together. I know lots of people do enjoy this kind of game.
chris1234p

Postby DiegoMM » Sat Apr 29 2017 8:19pm

Its remember a lot of master of the monster (sega genesis game), which is one of my favorite games. I liked the concept.
Interesting articles about true things shining: http://www.everystudent.com/
Interesting articles about true things shining: http://www.everystudent.com/
DiegoMM

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Fanwork