Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums All Things Shining
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Resonance Refrain

http://shiningresonance.com/

If your topic relates to more than one Shining game, post it here!

Re: Shining Resonance Refrain

Postby chevkraken » Sat Aug 18 2018 3:55am

It's a confusing translation because the Japanese version use a different name than Dark Dragon (while the spell are the same because they never changed)
chevkraken

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby thepeaguy » Thu Aug 23 2018 3:50am

As long as Camelot aren't involved, I won't be buying a Shining product ever again.
thepeaguy

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Kalkano » Thu Aug 23 2018 4:09am

thepeaguy wrote:As long as Camelot aren't involved, I won't be buying a Shining product ever again.

I won't go that far, even though Camelot would be ideal. I'd at least give them a chance, if they made a proper Shining Force game again.
Currently Playing for the first time: Dragon Quest 11 (PC, with Orchestral Soundtrack Mod)

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently Playing for the first time: Dragon Quest 11 (PC, with Orchestral Soundtrack Mod)

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby thepeaguy » Thu Aug 23 2018 4:16am

Kalkano wrote:
thepeaguy wrote:As long as Camelot aren't involved, I won't be buying a Shining product ever again.

I won't go that far, even though Camelot would be ideal. I'd at least give them a chance, if they made a proper Shining Force game again.

I've been doing it for over 20 years, bud. Old dogs and all that.

I got other games to try out, anyway. If I dislike a gaming series' trajectory, I stop buying without making much of a fuss about it.
thepeaguy

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby sulfuroxp » Fri Aug 24 2018 11:58am

TIP: :)
During Chapter 2, with Rinna in your team, grind as much as possible until you can defeat the Manticore (lv43) or the Life Reaper (lv50). Then, you can access to new areas with stronger normal monsters (and bosses like an armored knight at Lv79), so you can grind and level up whenever you want
sulfuroxp

Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Postby Goron_308 » Sun Sep 30 2018 2:38pm

Thanks for the tip! I managed to find out randomly while playing, but it will definitely be useful for new players.

By the way, I was surprised by the differences between S:RR and the previous games in the series, but I wasn't too bothered by them ; the only issue I had is the weak behavior of the MC sometimes. And I didn't complain about the VN-like discussions, as I do like that genre...

Anyways, it IS different from usual Shining games, but if you take it as an independent game, it does have its upsides and is pleasant to play, not unlike, for example, Ace Combat Assault Horizon, which is a good game as long as it doesn't pretend it's an Ace Combat game.
Goron_308

Previous

Return to All Things Shining