Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums All Things Shining
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Podcast!

Call for Talent

If your topic relates to more than one Shining game, post it here!

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby WolfTJD » Thu May 24 2018 1:59pm

This is my first post here. Just found this site from The Shining Force III Translation Project. I'd first like to thank everyone in advance for all things Shining Force contributed so far!!
I'm very familiar with Shining Force I & II. I may be able to voice over [although that seems to be amply covered],
But more importantly I'm very familiar with audio and video editing. I'm also disabled and have alot of time on my hands and am be willing to create videos [or audio editing] for this project.
Long Live All Things Shining!!
Long Live All Things Shining!!
WolfTJD

User avatar
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 24 2018 1:32pm
Location: New York USA

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby legalize freedom » Mon May 28 2018 12:28pm

WolfTJD wrote:This is my first post here. Just found this site from The Shining Force III Translation Project. I'd first like to thank everyone in advance for all things Shining Force contributed so far!!
I'm very familiar with Shining Force I & II. I may be able to voice over [although that seems to be amply covered],
But more importantly I'm very familiar with audio and video editing. I'm also disabled and have alot of time on my hands and am be willing to create videos [or audio editing] for this project.


Welcome WolfTJD!

Thanks for volunteering your talents. I will be in touch.
legalize freedom

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Sat Apr 29 2006 4:09am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby Swalchy » Thu May 31 2018 10:09pm

Seems like this is proceeding along nicely :)
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post


Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.


Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post


Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.


Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
Swalchy

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 10423
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 5:16pm

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby WolfTJD » Tue Jun 05 2018 5:22pm

legalize freedom wrote:
Welcome WolfTJD!

Thanks for volunteering your talents. I will be in touch.


I'm VERY excited at the possibilities for this podcast! Thanks for the welcome lf!
Long Live All Things Shining!!
Long Live All Things Shining!!
WolfTJD

User avatar
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 24 2018 1:32pm
Location: New York USA

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby legalize freedom » Wed Aug 01 2018 12:34pm

Just a quick update since we haven't been sharing much here.

We have about 75% of the guests recorded for the first episode and editing is ongoing. The number of guests is crazy for this one, so it's been a bit of a challenge to schedule and get recorded. The majority of the episodes will be a standard podcast format (same 4 people the entire time), so those should be quite a bit easier to get recorded.

If anyone is interested in being a guest or even a host, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Dedicated shining fan? Organized? Golden voice? This could be for you! :)
legalize freedom

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Sat Apr 29 2006 4:09am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby WolfTJD » Wed Sep 26 2018 3:08pm

Hey ... just looking for a web address for the podcast. Still available for video or audio editing if the need is there?!?
Long Live All Things Shining!!
Long Live All Things Shining!!
WolfTJD

User avatar
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 24 2018 1:32pm
Location: New York USA

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Sep 27 2018 12:21pm

A video version of the Shining Podcast! will be featured on the newly created Shining Force Magic! YouTube channel as they are released. We need 100 subscribers to get a custom url, so please subscribe!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcTYcSV023wuTNXPUBwLXWw

There isn't much there now, but this will be the podcasts home as they are released. Fair warning... The release schedule isn't set and will be slow.

I'm not sure where the mp3 version will be hosted, but I'll at least make them available for download from the SF3 Translation FTP until a better solution presents itself.

Thanks for your interest! I think we are alright on editors, but I'll keep you in mind.
legalize freedom

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Sat Apr 29 2006 4:09am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby shining_nexus » Mon Feb 04 2019 1:21am

This is a great idea and what this series sorely needs. Podcasts are great for game history preservation in terms of fan opinions and game knowledge of those who grew up with the series and put in countless hours picking apart these games. To me, the Shining series consists some of the most memorable games ever made, but gets out shined (no pun intended) by other RPG juggernauts on Nintendo platforms. These games deserve to stand up along side games like Fire Emblem and The Forbidden Series (just noticed the censorship lol). A podcast would also help bring in more fans and strike up curiosity about the series, especially retro gamers who grew up with Nintendo.

I fully support this endeavor and would love to put in my experience with growing up with the series. I would suggest some kind of mailbag section where you read out comments about other peoples opinions and experiences of the game.

Edit: subscribed!
shining_nexus

User avatar
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 17 2019 7:55am

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Feb 18 2019 1:45pm

It has gone mostly as I feared. Nothing is really getting done unless I do it and I'm not going to take too much time away from my work on the SF3 Translation to organize and execute each and every podcast.

Ep0 will be released whenever I get around to editing it all together. I will also be reaching out to an editor for help. It is 99% recorded and the initial editing of each clip is 90% done. The production of the final product will be next where all the transitions, etc. are spliced in. Not sure how long it will take, but I'm basically doing this as I can without interrupting my SF3 Translation work, so it will be a while yet depending on editor help.

After Ep0 is released, I will start work on the SF3 podcasts.

What we need is someone to take the lead on the SF1, SF2 and SFCD podcasts. I will work with you to plan the show structure (I am working on the SF3 show structure anyway), invite guests and work out the other specifics.

Speak up and I'll get you connected on our Discord server. This is a dream project for Shining Force lifers!
legalize freedom

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Sat Apr 29 2006 4:09am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby WolfTJD » Thu Mar 07 2019 3:19am

legalize freedom wrote:I'm not sure where the mp3 version will be hosted, but I'll at least make them available for download from the SF3 Translation FTP until a better solution presents itself.


How about at http://www.ShiningForceMagic.com?

legalize freedom wrote:Ep0 will be released whenever I get around to editing it all together. I will also be reaching out to an editor for help. It is 99% recorded and the initial editing of each clip is 90% done. The production of the final product will be next where all the transitions, etc. are spliced in. Not sure how long it will take, but I'm basically doing this as I can without interrupting my SF3 Translation work, so it will be a while yet depending on editor help.


We'll need to upload the recorded files to the 'net so I can have access to them. Man - am I psyched about doing this!! Maybe I can make a way to upload them to http://www.ShiningForceMagic.com. I'll look into that if you don't have another solution. :)
Long Live All Things Shining!!
Long Live All Things Shining!!
WolfTJD

User avatar
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 24 2018 1:32pm
Location: New York USA

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Mar 07 2019 1:41pm

WolfTJD wrote:
legalize freedom wrote:I'm not sure where the mp3 version will be hosted, but I'll at least make them available for download from the SF3 Translation FTP until a better solution presents itself.


How about at http://www.ShiningForceMagic.com?

legalize freedom wrote:Ep0 will be released whenever I get around to editing it all together. I will also be reaching out to an editor for help. It is 99% recorded and the initial editing of each clip is 90% done. The production of the final product will be next where all the transitions, etc. are spliced in. Not sure how long it will take, but I'm basically doing this as I can without interrupting my SF3 Translation work, so it will be a while yet depending on editor help.


We'll need to upload the recorded files to the 'net so I can have access to them. Man - am I psyched about doing this!! Maybe I can make a way to upload them to http://www.ShiningForceMagic.com. I'll look into that if you don't have another solution. :)


Thanks for your enthusiasm!

Very nice. Yes, I've considered buying the url and setting up a site, but there's really not enough content at the moment.

They can be hosted on the Translation Project FTP if no other option presents itself. Same place where I will upload the files for editing.

Thanks for volunteering!
legalize freedom

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Sat Apr 29 2006 4:09am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby WolfTJD » Sun Mar 10 2019 4:12pm

legalize freedom wrote:It has gone mostly as I feared. Nothing is really getting done unless I do it and I'm not going to take too much time away from my work on the SF3 Translation to organize and execute each and every podcast.

Ep0 will be released whenever I get around to editing it all together. I will also be reaching out to an editor for help. It is 99% recorded and the initial editing of each clip is 90% done. The production of the final product will be next where all the transitions, etc. are spliced in. Not sure how long it will take, but I'm basically doing this as I can without interrupting my SF3 Translation work, so it will be a while yet depending on editor help.

After Ep0 is released, I will start work on the SF3 podcasts.


I hope you're talking about me as your new editor!! I know what it's like to shoulder all the weight of many intensive project(s). I want to help you keep your focus on the SF3 Translation too!

legalize freedom wrote:What we need is someone to take the lead on the SF1, SF2 and SFCD podcasts. I will work with you to plan the show structure (I am working on the SF3 show structure anyway), invite guests and work out the other specifics.

Speak up and I'll get you connected on our Discord server. This is a dream project for Shining Force lifers!


Speaking up!! This IS a dream project for someone like me (I say this knowing that makes me a Shining Force Lifer!). I went to Discord and it said THIS: "So... why isn't it working? There are a few reasons your server link may be 'Invalid'. WHAT TO CHECK - Expiration: Your invite link may have expired. In this case, please contact the server owner and ask them for a new invite.. " SOOooo ... do I need a new invite please?

EDIT: I got back on the Discord channel!!

Once I indoctrinate myself with the ins & outs of podcasting, I can manage SF1 & SF2 podcasts if you'd like ... With you working with me on structure et al - what could go wrong! Of course I may drive you to the rest of crazy with my excited exuberance and verbosity. Just realize that I know the way there (and back again!) so we won't get lost.
Long Live All Things Shining!!
Long Live All Things Shining!!
WolfTJD

User avatar
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 24 2018 1:32pm
Location: New York USA

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby ur boi Max » Thu Mar 14 2019 3:17pm

I would be willing to in regards to Shining force: the legacy of great intention and CD. thank you
ur boi Max

User avatar
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 13 2019 1:18pm

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby Shin Fenrir » Fri May 31 2019 2:33pm

Has this picked up at all or did this project close? I don't see anything on that Youtube page for the podcast.
If you need guests or help with anything, I can try to help as time permits.
Shin Fenrir

User avatar
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Nov 09 2018 7:00pm

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Jun 03 2019 12:19pm

Ep0 is in final production. Beyond that I will be shifting to the SF3 podcasts.

Other leaders will be needed for the other games if they are to be done.
legalize freedom

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Sat Apr 29 2006 4:09am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby dmcgarr213 » Thu Jun 13 2019 8:00pm

Hi! I just started my own shining force podcast and would be interesting in joining with you guys to get something going. Let me know if you are interested. Check out my pod here at https://shiningpod.podbean.com/
dmcgarr213

Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jun 13 2019 7:49pm

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Aug 03 2019 8:09pm

I'm excited to announce the Shining Podcast! will debut on YouTube tonight (8/3) at 7pm Central.

It's a long time coming. I've learned a lot of new things working on this. It's been a great experience.

Thanks to all the dedicated Shining people that contributed!

Please attend if you are able.

https://youtu.be/Sw4vn6_LrbY
legalize freedom

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Sat Apr 29 2006 4:09am
Location: Texas, USA

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby Swalchy » Sun Aug 04 2019 11:34am

Brilliant stuff, LF!

Currently listening to it now :D
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post


Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.


Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post


Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.


Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
Swalchy

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 10423
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 5:16pm

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby thepeaguy » Sat Aug 10 2019 9:21pm

Good job on the podcast.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will receive a lot of traffic. :(
thepeaguy

User avatar
Shining Hero
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Oct 26 2004 12:14am
Location: Bristol, UK

Re: Shining Podcast!

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Aug 19 2019 12:23pm

thepeaguy wrote:Good job on the podcast.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will receive a lot of traffic. :(


Thanks!

As long as it gets to the people who want to hear it. :thumbsup:
legalize freedom

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 1917
Joined: Sat Apr 29 2006 4:09am
Location: Texas, USA

Previous

Return to All Things Shining

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest