Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums All Things Shining
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Do we need Shining Force 4? If so, let's get busy.

If your topic relates to more than one Shining game, post it here!

Do we need Shining Force 4? If so, let's get busy.

Postby Dezorian » Mon Nov 06 2017 12:55pm

I haven't been on this website for 12 years but now I am back and full of motivation.

I mean now is the time. The beginning of hope. With Kickstarter projects or petitions Sega could verify if there is an actual interest. Fire Emblem stands out as the flaming torch of hope - proof that strategic-rpgs can indeed become well accepted and even popular in today's fast paced COD era. An era in which even FF goes full action mode. It is also a time in which even series like the totally unpopular "Bubsy the Cat" or "Crash Bandicoot" or "Wonderboy" get full blown remakes. Fans start to get into advertising\petition-sprees to get the devs\publisher's attention for games that they want to see getting remade (I forgot the names, but there are now some games fans are trying to get the dev's attention).
"Resident Evil 2" gets a remake because of fans criticising the new action paced titles and constantly stating they want a remake of it. "Shenmue 3" gets made, thanks to the success on kickstarter. Sega is back and supporting the cause, because they now acknowledge there is an interest.

Publisher's and Developers are now eagerly looking for old games that could be remade and could harness on the success of games like Sonic Mania and Co. All they need is some pro-active interaction from our side.
If there are at least 10 videos about the topic "Shining Force 4" it is maybe spreading farer through the web and minds of people who maybe already lost all hope. Let's get them back on the waggon.
I mean doing nothing is not helping. At least we have this great website as a symbol of sorts that Shining Force isn't totally dead. But let's not just rest our feet on just that, let's try and summon up our series back into life and glory!

PS: I also have some knowledge of Japanese. So if you need my help for projects write me a line.
Dezorian

Re: Do we need Shining Force 4? If so, let's get busy.

Postby Cullsoft » Wed Nov 08 2017 12:27am

I'm guessing you missed the SOS campaign a few years ago where we tried doing just this, and more, to show our support and interest in getting Sega and Camelot to work together on a new Shining title (it was around the time of the 20th anniversary and they'd recently shown some signs that they were willing to start talking again), hopefully a Shining Force 4 returning to the style of the Camelot era games.

It flopped. Dramatically. And some of us are still licking our wounds today.
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby Ansa » Wed Nov 08 2017 6:12pm

Cullsoft wrote:I'm guessing you missed the SOS campaign a few years ago where we tried doing just this, and more, to show our support and interest in getting Sega and Camelot to work together on a new Shining title (it was around the time of the 20th anniversary and they'd recently shown some signs that they were willing to start talking again), hopefully a Shining Force 4 returning to the style of the Camelot era games.

It flopped. Dramatically. And some of us are still licking our wounds today.

Yep, I'll never forget the aftermath either with Sega taking down videos related to SF on youtube including some from the SoS campaign where people are just talking about the game on camera with no gameplay or anything.

Seriously, f*ck Sega.
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
Ansa

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby the tall guy » Thu Nov 09 2017 6:06am

Sadly also, we definitely don't have the numbers we did back when we had the campaign.
“I can resist everything except temptation”
“I can resist everything except temptation”
the tall guy

Pyromaniac
Shining Legend

Postby Kalkano » Fri Nov 10 2017 6:01am

the tall guy wrote:Sadly also, we definitely don't have the numbers we did back when we had the campaign.

Yep. Sega did a masterful job of killing interest in their series. Couldn't have done it better if I tried. :damnit: :thumbsup:
Currently playing for the first time: Trails of Cold Steel 1
Currently re-playing: Nothing

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently playing for the first time: Trails of Cold Steel 1
Currently re-playing: Nothing

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby Tor_Heyerdal » Fri Nov 10 2017 8:23am

I've heard that the head honcho at Camelot has recently expressed an interest in making SF4 if Sega will allow them to do it.

Also, on another note, while an actual SF4 would be amazing, it may be a double-edged sword, because Sega could potentially choose to shut down any SF fan projects so that they won't take any of the limelight away from the new main-series title. That sort of thing has happened before (or at least been rumored to have happened before).
Creator of Shining Force III: 16-bit (WIP).
Tjelladallak våriiikeõdõtsyk jeissõ'eilamnikinõhõn. Ii'tuntoimjähädälläjät, niin miietsy iimpa'tyõhõnja.
Creator of Shining Force III: 16-bit (WIP).
Tjelladallak våriiikeõdõtsyk jeissõ'eilamnikinõhõn. Ii'tuntoimjähädälläjät, niin miietsy iimpa'tyõhõnja.
Tor_Heyerdal

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Tarethen » Sat Nov 11 2017 3:00am

Camelot would have to get out from under Nintendo's foot and making Mario sports titles before they can even thinking about any other Shining title.

I wouldn't get my hopes up or bold my breath out it. It's not happening. Just play Waifu Emblem like everyone else.
Tarethen

jRPG Newsman
Shining Legend

Return to All Things Shining