Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums All Things Shining
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

NEW 'Shining' game to be anounced...

If your topic relates to more than one Shining game, post it here!

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Kalkano » Tue Jan 16 2018 2:51am

thepeaguy wrote:Chevkraken, are you a troll or something? All you seem to do is post about how Camelot deliberately played the victim card and how Sega Isn't to blame for all of this.

Sega treated Camelot like shit - it has been documented.


Part of me has always thought that Chevkraken might actually be Tsuyoshi Sawada, trying to get us not to hate him. ;)

He seems to have his nose firmly planted in his ass. Not sure how much English Sawada knows, though.
Currently Replaying: Legend of Dragoon

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently Replaying: Legend of Dragoon

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

User avatar
Shining Commander
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Wed Sep 22 2004 5:25pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Ansa » Thu Jan 18 2018 1:51pm

Kalkano wrote:
thepeaguy wrote:Chevkraken, are you a troll or something? All you seem to do is post about how Camelot deliberately played the victim card and how Sega Isn't to blame for all of this.

Sega treated Camelot like shit - it has been documented.


Part of me has always thought that Chevkraken might actually be Tsuyoshi Sawada, trying to get us not to hate him. ;)

He seems to have his nose firmly planted in his ass. Not sure how much English Sawada knows, though.

I'm not going to lie, I've thought that as well on at least one occasion >.> The way he defends the current Sega is as if he works for them.
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
Ansa

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 2:12pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby chevkraken » Fri Jan 19 2018 1:46am

thepeaguy wrote:All you seem to do is post about how Camelot deliberately played the victim card and how Sega Isn't to blame for all of this.
Sega treated Camelot like shit - it has been documented.

But Camelot, played the victim card, all the documented thing is juste Camelot staff whinning about thing all of third party studio working for Sega get over.
Once again I want to point most of you have a really biased vision of Sega (from this time and now) and have very few knowledge about Sega history

Sega treated Camelot like every game developer working for them. Many third party studio workin for Sega confirmed this (Platinium, Treasure, Studio Saizensen and staff fromEcco the dolphin, Batman and Robin and Kid chameleon staff by example) .

Sega was leaving to the staff a big amount of liberty to create the game they wanted, but in exchange for the liberty, there was a very strict control quality, no budget extend, no delay and no exterior help from Sega team.

It was how Sega worked (and still work, some mistaken like Aliens Colonial Marine and Sonic Boom are due to this politic but, it was also this politic who give Alien Isolation, Bayonetta, Vanquish and Sonicmania. it was also this politic who made Sega accept the use of Guardian heroes and Shenmue licences even if they are not involved in the sequel they even allowed Studio Saizensen to released and use Shining licence for the western release of Blade Arcus )

the politic of Sega is:

"We gave you the possibility to make the game you want in nearly total liberty but, in exchange we own your IP and don't expect any help from us, you want to make the game you want, prove us you can make it yourself"

Most of the studios are ok with that because even if it was really hard, Sega is one of the only editor to give so much liberties to a team, so it's an opportunity.

Camelot didn't follow Sega wish for Shining force 4 and Holy Ark (Sega wanted the serie to more light hearted like on Megadrive, because it was what japanese public of the serie liked), so Sega had no reasons to help them when they add difficulties, especially because Sega never helped any third party studios making a game for them(Sega only help first party studio).
And Camelot have been the only studio to complain because they are just lazy people (the creator of the series said some years ago he don't plan to do another Golden Sun because making an RPG was way too hard and long).
If they wanted help from Sega they should have stay as a first party studio like during Megadrive era.

And no, I am not Tsuyoshi Sawada, nor I am japanese. I am French.
chevkraken

Shining Member
Shining Member
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Feb 03 2012 7:50pm

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Corsair » Fri Jan 19 2018 2:28am

That sure sounds like a lot of really reachy speculation.
Corsair

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 7073
Joined: Mon Apr 21 2008 2:52am

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Ansa » Fri Jan 19 2018 3:31am

Corsair wrote:That sure sounds like a lot of really reachy speculation.

That is all he ever does.
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
Ansa

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 2:12pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby chevkraken » Fri Jan 19 2018 4:32am

It's not, it's not hard to found interview about staff from these compagnies telling Sega give them more freedom than any other compagnies but also that they were not very flexible about help, delay and money.

http://www.sega-16.com/2007/02/interview-chris-george/

http://megadrive.me/2011/11/03/an-interview-with-treasure/

http://www.develop-online.net/news/platinum-games-eager-to-sign-with-sega/0107987

http://www.terredejeux.net/2013/08/archives-ig-mag-3-interview-de.html

if you owned like me Shining Heart artbook, you will know that Shining heart director also thanks Sega for his support.
Shining Heart was at the beginning not related to Shining series, it was a game than any editor wanted but than the director wanted to do because it was a spiritual sucessor to his first game. Tsuyoshi Sawada heard that from the director(he worked on the event of Shining Wind) and said him"If you can make your game part of the Shining series, I'll publish it"

For the complain of Camelot software staff about Sega not giving them any support due to the release of the dreamcast. Yu Suzuki have seen a nearly finished version of VF3 running on saturn stopped due to the release of the dreamcast and he didn't stop to work for Sega because of it even if he thought it was a shame.

And every develloper complain about how Saturn was hard to program, but most of them get over it (Look Grandia on the support or games like Quake or Burning Rangers). Camelot sound like whinning people to stop relationship with Sega because of it.

An the lack of publicity about the title, Shining force 3 scenario 2 and Premium Disc had a commercial in japan, so once again, it Camelot complaining for nothing.

Camelot staff just putt them error on Sega because they were just unable to assume their game did not please japanese people because of their choice.

Once again, I want to point than DragonForce 2 made more sales than Shining force 3 scenario 2, Sakura wars II made even more than every Shining game worldwide. and they were SRPG released later.

So the failure was not due to the fact the game was released on Saturn in 1998, it what due to the game was not made to please their public.

and what you do you and most of the other member here is just complain about how Sega is the worst compagnie ever, How Camelot is a great develloper while they only doing Mario golf since 10 year and actually some of their Shining are lame(Shining wisdom and the first Gaiden, even Shining in the Dark is pretty poor compared to Phantasy Star)
You also said game you never play are shit and even often just than modern gameplay are shit.


You just seem like a group of whinny old fag living in the past and unable to accept we are not anymore in the nineties and the game you love were just niche game


And actually I put source about what I claim
chevkraken

Shining Member
Shining Member
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Feb 03 2012 7:50pm

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Doh042 » Fri Jan 19 2018 6:08am

chevkraken wrote:You just seem like a group of whinny old fag living in the past and unable to accept we are not anymore in the nineties and the game you love were just niche game

I don't know you, and have no beef with you, but, wow! What a way to help your case!
... enjoy!

-Doh
... enjoy!

-Doh
Doh042

User avatar
Member
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Nov 28 2017 3:36am
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Ansa » Fri Jan 19 2018 6:40am

chevkraken wrote:and what you do you and most of the other member here is just complain about how Sega is the worst compagnie ever, How Camelot is a great develloper while they only doing Mario golf since 10 year and actually some of their Shining are lame(Shining wisdom and the first Gaiden, even Shining in the Dark is pretty poor compared to Phantasy Star)
You also said game you never play are shit and even often just than modern gameplay are shit.


You just seem like a group of whinny old fag living in the past and unable to accept we are not anymore in the nineties and the game you love were just niche game


And actually I put source about what I claim
Making things personal I see, great. God forbid we just disagree with you and the assumptions you have made about what happened. Just because people thank Sega doesn't mean Sega has done a good job, they want to continue a working relationship with Sega so of course they will praise them however possible.

Sega has been a pretty awful video game company, they house an incredible number of IP and do nothing with them, they treat their fanbases like here, Phantasy Star, ect. like shit with the lone exception being the Sonic fanbase. Do I really need to bring up how we as a community have been treated by Sega? How Sega took down many of our users youtube videos with false copyright claims all so they would get higher in a f*cking search result on youtube? How about how Phantasy Star Online 2 got announced years ago and only just in the last few months finally had the English site shut down and has refused to just outright say the damn game is canceled? They don't even try to bring any games over to the west for US to play, how can I like any of the games they make now if they don't even let me f*cking play them?

Also Camelot like all developers has its ups and downs but even after they were done with Shining Force they still made Golden Sun and yeah they make a lot of Mario Sports games now, so? Outside of one recent title that was clearly rushed to launch for the holidays all of those are generally pretty well received by fans and sell pretty well, I mean its not Mario Odyssey numbers but were talking about B tier games here and they make them as good as they can with the budget they've got, hell Mario Tennis Aces looks really, really good I haven't bought a Mario Sports game in years and I'm looking forward to that.

No not all Shining games are created equal but if you'll notice we don't try and say that for the most part, most of us say we want a new Shining Force game(s) all of which have been great including Gaiden's, which I want to mention were freaking Gamegear games.

I don't need to play a game to know I'm not going to like it or I don't think its good, can I be wrong? Sure but the whole point of a games marketing campaign is to sell players on your games and when your games are generally D grade Tales of knock offs then yeah I don't think many of us hold a high opinion of them and news flash, they don't in Japan either the series is still as niche as its always been despite Sega still supporting it in Japan they have yet to grow their own fanbase which just shows how lackluster the titles are. You have a standout hit you reach a higher audience and get better sales, Sega has yet to do that with the series and its a shame because as I have said on multiple occasions they are completely missing out on the rise of the SRPG in the west with series like X-Com and Fire Emblem having massive sales and ever growing fanbases, Sega has a DIRECT COMPETITOR IP for Fire Emblem and THEY'VE DONE NOTHING WITH IT! I mean at least other companies know how to follow a hype train and get on a bandwagon but Sega can't even do that right, its pathetic.

It's not just Shining Force either, do you understand how popular Phantasy Online was in the west and how highly expected PSO2 was for its English release? Oh what happened to that? NOTHING! After YEARS of people begging for it they announced they were bringing it stateside like back in 2014 and it NEVER HAPPENED and when sites would ask where is PSO2 they would lie and say its still in development, hell if anyone still bothered to ask I bet they WOULD STILL TELL US THAT because for whatever stupid ass reason Sega will not admit they canceled the English version of the game, its beyond stupid and does nothing but hurt their own brand.

You wanna say were living and the past and shit but you fail to realize its not as if they've thrown us a bone over the years its been more then a f*cking decade since they brought over one of the Shining games in English, their last attempt was f*cking EXA which wasn't bad but it wasn't great either and they gave it next to no marketing push so of course it didn't sell well, same with Neo, same with Tears, same with everything. So yeah we still care about the older games, I still care about older games for all the series I play and no Sega isn't the only company who has f*cked up an IP, I still can't believe that Square Enix continues to mishandle the Dragon Quest series in the west, I can't believe they haven't made a f*cking follow up to Chrono Trigger either.

Heres the secret, we just enjoy really good games, if Sega would make one and bring it to the west WE'D TALK ABOUT IT, WE'D LOVE IT!

But they haven't done that and at this point I don't think they ever f*cking will.

Edit: To clarify something, I don't just roast Sega for the hell of it, its because I want them to be better and give me a reason to give them my money and they aren't all bad either. Putting Sonic Mania in the hands of fans is one of the most impressive things I think I've seen them do, the Yakuza series being released in the west is exactly what I want them to do with the Shining series (also make those games as high quality as the Yakuza titles are), and they could have really f*cked over Atlus a lot but Altus has done a lot of that shit to themselves lately without any of Sega's help so I guess thats a thing to. My point is that I call it like I see it, I harp on Sega a lot because they f*ck up a lot and everyone knows it including the diehard Sonic fans that buy every game they make even when they are god awful.

Edit 2: Also forgot to mention this but perhaps its a language barrier thing here but using the word fag towards me or anyone else here isn't going to get people to suddenly agree with you, if anything it makes your entire argument seem childish and I can't take it, or you, seriously.
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
Ansa

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 2:12pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Corsair » Fri Jan 19 2018 8:45pm

Lol chev's mad
Corsair

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 7073
Joined: Mon Apr 21 2008 2:52am

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby chevkraken » Sat Jan 20 2018 3:55am

Like always you know nothing in marketing, nor the number of sales of your BIG IP, or the fact, the videogame market evolved since nineties.

Nearly every japanese game compagnie work like Sega:
For squareenix:
Where are Chrono series, Actraiser, Valkyrie Profile series, Mana series(except a poor remake), Saga serie, Front mission series, Ogres series, FFtactics series?

for Capcom:
except Resident evil and Street Fighter, where are their other series?

For Konami:
It's even worth, Konami, now, it's just Metal gear.

From your point of view, Namco Bandai and Nintendo are the only good video game producer

When a game serie don't sell it's normal to stop to support it


Sega maybe have tons of of IP, but most of them are niche or even worst Arcade (so nearly useless now).

Sega japan have only 9 million Seller IP in their history (Sonic, Ecco Shenmue, Bayonetta, Valkyria Chronicles Virtua Fighter, Shinobi, Street of Rage and Golden Axe)



And Bayonetta, Sonic and Valkyria Chronicles are active and Sega give their ok for Shenmue 3.

Golden Axe and Street of Rage are part of a dead genre (Final fight too never had sequel, and the few Double Dragon sequel were fail).


And, they tried to resurrected Golden axe

Ecco, nobody want a sequel (Don't forget the Kickstarter by the creator of the serie failed)

Phantasy Star, I want to point that Phantasy star Universe and Zero have been a fail in west, so I think Sega don't believe the game could work in west, especially when there is already tons of Free MMORPG and most of them are fail because there is too much in the Market (even Square enix have no Plan to release Draque X in west even if Draque is a far bigger licence than Phantasy star). and most of the gamer in japan are on PSvita.


they are completely missing out on the rise of the SRPG in the west with series like X-Com and Fire Emblem having massive sales and ever growing fanbases, Sega has a DIRECT COMPETITOR IP for Fire Emblem and THEY'VE DONE NOTHING WITH IT! I mean at least other companies know how to follow a hype train and get on a bandwagon but Sega can't even do that right, its pathetic.


Are you serious... Sega missing the rise of SRPG in the West?
You seem to Forget Valkyria Chronicle. the game made more than 2 millions of sales and the 4 is planned for 2018 in West.
and it's not RPG but Sega is also strong in strategy game on PC(Total war, Halowars 2)
And Shining Force can't compete with Fire Emblem, they never been able. Fire emblem always made 3 more sales than Shining force. And a classic Shining force would be far to similar to FE but with far less features.

During the best time of the series, Shining force, it was just 400000 sales worlwide. it was a niche game serie and ROTDD, it was only 150000 sales worldwide while Fire emblem made nearly 1 million in GBA. So no, Shining serie have proved to be unable to compete with FE



Also Camelot like all developers has its ups and downs but even after they were done with Shining Force they still made Golden Sun and yeah they make a lot of Mario Sports games now, so?

So you satified with sport games who all look nearly the same. It's just lazy (the chief of camelot said they stopped Golden sun because making a RPG was way to hard)


They don't even try to bring any games over to the west for US to play, how can I like any of the games they make now if they don't even let me f*cking play them?

And Valkyria series, and Bayonetta serie Yakuza series, and Project Diva serie. They even released Puyo Puyo and Fighting climax in west lately. And you seems to forget Atlus games. Atlus is Sega now.
Except only arcade titles, Shining and Phantasy star, they released in west all their title in west in the 7 past years (and before Phantasy star was also supported)
but Altus has done a lot of that shit to themselves lately without any of Sega's help so I guess thats a thing to

Sega is just on of the best editor and devellopers of the last years... most of the press is ok with that (same thing for Tales of series)

but using the word fag towards me or anyone else here isn't going to get people to suddenly agree with you, if anything it makes your entire argument seem childish and I can't take it, or you, seriously.

I don't even try anymore to make people like you agree with me, you are just hater. When I subscribed years ago, I was not thinking the community was just full of people living in the past, unable to understand the reality of the videogaming.
And you said my argument are childish(when I talk about business, sales, market analysis, are you kidding, and making Market analysis is my work), you are Childish, you refuse to view video game from an adult point of view, from A Marketing point of view.
No your view is just a Oldschool gamer point of view (not a modern, because game like Tales of and FFXV are far from being seen like shit and out of here, many people want to play Shining resonance and hope to play it, Not everybody stood stuck in the past with Shinning Force)

Coming here was just the deception too see how much Shining Force community in west deserve to be ignored, I am not working for Sega, but if I worked for them, reading post here would be a reason to not release the game in west. why putting effort for people hating us and our work.

I tried to convince you for long, by talking more about game you didn't know to push you to try modern Shining(I don't talk japanese, but I played Shining Blade, Ark, Resonance and Wind, so it's possible), to point the connection between them and oldschool Shining, some great other series (Shining blade being the son of Shining Force, Valkyria Chronicles and Sakura wars) and the staff behing the games was famous and there was many good things in the games.

because, I love Shining serie as a whole (the old one and the new one even if some game in the old and new are pretty mew)

But no, except some exception (DiegoMM, Sulforoxp, riley and some few other), most of you just don't want to give a chance to the new Shining, you don't even want to accept a game who would try to modernize Shining Force gameplay or charadesign

You want Shining series coming back, it's not by whinning, criticism and hate, it would work, it will be by showing respect, love and hope.

I am Sad, just sad, people like you are the reason Sega ignore the west community of Shining and you don't seem to understand that
chevkraken

Shining Member
Shining Member
 
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri Feb 03 2012 7:50pm

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Kalkano » Sat Jan 20 2018 5:51am

FFXV are far from being seen like shit


Wrong again, bucko. It is absolutely seen as shit by the vast majority. A ton of FF fans avoided it simply because it wasn't really FF, and even those who bought it tended to end up regretting it.

By the way, I don't believe for one second that you work in marketing. With the content of your posts, you'd immediately be fired for incompetence.
Currently Replaying: Legend of Dragoon

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently Replaying: Legend of Dragoon

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

User avatar
Shining Commander
Shining Hero
 
Posts: 970
Joined: Wed Sep 22 2004 5:25pm
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Ansa » Sat Jan 20 2018 8:17am

chevkraken wrote:Like always you know nothing in marketing, nor the number of sales of your BIG IP, or the fact, the videogame market evolved since nineties.

Nearly every japanese game compagnie work like Sega:
For squareenix:
Where are Chrono series, Actraiser, Valkyrie Profile series, Mana series(except a poor remake), Saga serie, Front mission series, Ogres series, FFtactics series?

for Capcom:
except Resident evil and Street Fighter, where are their other series?

For Konami:
It's even worth, Konami, now, it's just Metal gear.

From your point of view, Namco Bandai and Nintendo are the only good video game producer

When a game serie don't sell it's normal to stop to support it


Sega maybe have tons of of IP, but most of them are niche or even worst Arcade (so nearly useless now).

Sega japan have only 9 million Seller IP in their history (Sonic, Ecco Shenmue, Bayonetta, Valkyria Chronicles Virtua Fighter, Shinobi, Street of Rage and Golden Axe)



And Bayonetta, Sonic and Valkyria Chronicles are active and Sega give their ok for Shenmue 3.

Golden Axe and Street of Rage are part of a dead genre (Final fight too never had sequel, and the few Double Dragon sequel were fail).


And, they tried to resurrected Golden axe

Ecco, nobody want a sequel (Don't forget the Kickstarter by the creator of the serie failed)

Phantasy Star, I want to point that Phantasy star Universe and Zero have been a fail in west, so I think Sega don't believe the game could work in west, especially when there is already tons of Free MMORPG and most of them are fail because there is too much in the Market (even Square enix have no Plan to release Draque X in west even if Draque is a far bigger licence than Phantasy star). and most of the gamer in japan are on PSvita.


they are completely missing out on the rise of the SRPG in the west with series like X-Com and Fire Emblem having massive sales and ever growing fanbases, Sega has a DIRECT COMPETITOR IP for Fire Emblem and THEY'VE DONE NOTHING WITH IT! I mean at least other companies know how to follow a hype train and get on a bandwagon but Sega can't even do that right, its pathetic.


Are you serious... Sega missing the rise of SRPG in the West?
You seem to Forget Valkyria Chronicle. the game made more than 2 millions of sales and the 4 is planned for 2018 in West.
and it's not RPG but Sega is also strong in strategy game on PC(Total war, Halowars 2)
And Shining Force can't compete with Fire Emblem, they never been able. Fire emblem always made 3 more sales than Shining force. And a classic Shining force would be far to similar to FE but with far less features.

During the best time of the series, Shining force, it was just 400000 sales worlwide. it was a niche game serie and ROTDD, it was only 150000 sales worldwide while Fire emblem made nearly 1 million in GBA. So no, Shining serie have proved to be unable to compete with FE



Also Camelot like all developers has its ups and downs but even after they were done with Shining Force they still made Golden Sun and yeah they make a lot of Mario Sports games now, so?

So you satified with sport games who all look nearly the same. It's just lazy (the chief of camelot said they stopped Golden sun because making a RPG was way to hard)


They don't even try to bring any games over to the west for US to play, how can I like any of the games they make now if they don't even let me f*cking play them?

And Valkyria series, and Bayonetta serie Yakuza series, and Project Diva serie. They even released Puyo Puyo and Fighting climax in west lately. And you seems to forget Atlus games. Atlus is Sega now.
Except only arcade titles, Shining and Phantasy star, they released in west all their title in west in the 7 past years (and before Phantasy star was also supported)
but Altus has done a lot of that shit to themselves lately without any of Sega's help so I guess thats a thing to

Sega is just on of the best editor and devellopers of the last years... most of the press is ok with that (same thing for Tales of series)

but using the word fag towards me or anyone else here isn't going to get people to suddenly agree with you, if anything it makes your entire argument seem childish and I can't take it, or you, seriously.

I don't even try anymore to make people like you agree with me, you are just hater. When I subscribed years ago, I was not thinking the community was just full of people living in the past, unable to understand the reality of the videogaming.
And you said my argument are childish(when I talk about business, sales, market analysis, are you kidding, and making Market analysis is my work), you are Childish, you refuse to view video game from an adult point of view, from A Marketing point of view.
No your view is just a Oldschool gamer point of view (not a modern, because game like Tales of and FFXV are far from being seen like shit and out of here, many people want to play Shining resonance and hope to play it, Not everybody stood stuck in the past with Shinning Force)

Coming here was just the deception too see how much Shining Force community in west deserve to be ignored, I am not working for Sega, but if I worked for them, reading post here would be a reason to not release the game in west. why putting effort for people hating us and our work.

I tried to convince you for long, by talking more about game you didn't know to push you to try modern Shining(I don't talk japanese, but I played Shining Blade, Ark, Resonance and Wind, so it's possible), to point the connection between them and oldschool Shining, some great other series (Shining blade being the son of Shining Force, Valkyria Chronicles and Sakura wars) and the staff behing the games was famous and there was many good things in the games.

because, I love Shining serie as a whole (the old one and the new one even if some game in the old and new are pretty mew)

But no, except some exception (DiegoMM, Sulforoxp, riley and some few other), most of you just don't want to give a chance to the new Shining, you don't even want to accept a game who would try to modernize Shining Force gameplay or charadesign

You want Shining series coming back, it's not by whinning, criticism and hate, it would work, it will be by showing respect, love and hope.

I am Sad, just sad, people like you are the reason Sega ignore the west community of Shining and you don't seem to understand that
Okay sure other companies sit on IP's like Sega does but outside of some of the bigger companies like Activision and EA no one has the amount of or range of IP that Sega has sat on, I brought up things like CT and others and yeah I'd like to see these companies act more like a Nintendo who uses a majority of their IP its one reason they are so successful its a model that other companies should try to emulate when they can and those that have like Ubisoft have generally been quite successful. Ubisoft doesn't give their games enough time in development to real the level of quality that Nintendo does but their games are largely successful and for the most part they do actively use their IP well including with spin offs and tapping into untested genres. Some times it works sometimes it doesn't but by taking risks you end up with something like Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle one of the best games I played last year and even the Rabbids themselves before they got their own games were an edition to a Rayman game on the Wii and they took off in popularity from that, they are by far the best example of how a third party should use their IP and they've been wildly successful for it and thats with games that for the most part tend to be fairly mediocre.

Yeah sure not all of Sega's IP is million sellers but the way you get those games to be successful is by reinventing them, and making really damn good games that people can't ignore, Sega does not do that almost all of their releases are A or AA at best, whens the last time they had a major AAA release that wasn't made by Altus?

Also yeah Valkyria Chronicles is a thing, that they've completely mismanaged and I've talked about before because its the biggest case on why they SHOULD do a new Shining Force styled game. VC4 might be returning to its roots (jury is still out on how good the game will actually be but I'm hopeful, it does look good for the most part) but look at what happened with that series. After the first game sold less then they wanted (mainly because they gave it no marketing budget, I was working at Gamestop at the time it was released, there was no marketing for the game at all in ours stores leading up to the release oh and on top of that we got all of 3 extra copies to sell after reserves, I had people asking for it and I didn't get resupplied for a week) so after that mess despite the first game being really good they moved the series to PSP, changed the art style that made the first game stand out and decided that the story that was the centerpiece of the first game just wasn't needed and then the game sold so poorly they didn't even bother bringing the third to the US just like another series that Sega has mismanaged time and again.

Also do you get why VC4 is a thing? It's part of what I said in another thread on HOW they could revive the Shining series in the west. See they released VC1 on PC a few years ago and it did exceptionally well, well ahead of what Sega expected it to do and almost right after that was released guess what project was green lighted? VC4. Thats another reason Sega has been very careful on how they've talked about the release of the game because the PC audience wants it but they didn't originally announce it for PC but calmed people down by saying they haven't forgotten about it, its clearly also coming to PC they likely don't want to give a date before it comes out on other systems so they don't have confusion about the release for PC and also make sure they don't suffer the kind of backlash they did last year for Sonic Mania's last minute PC delay. I said before and I'll say it again, the way forward with getting the Shining series noticed in the west is a remake or revision of the older titles, release it on PC, make it look great, and put a strong marketing push behind it and it'll sell well as long as the remake or remaster is good. Either can remake one of the older games (they could remake SF1 again and just not f*ck it up this time that'd be great) or remake SF3 with better graphics (doesn't have to be crazy good graphics, aim for PS3 level graphics) and yeah it'll be somewhat of a risk and yeah it'll cost them money and time to make it but if they did all of this and did it right and it STILL didn't work then yeah I'd agree with you and think thats it not worth it but my point has been and always will remain, THEY HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED.

Also I am not a hater, I disagree with you and don't care for the modern Shining games but I have a pretty good reason for that and I even admitted in my last post that I know Sega can do some of this shit right, they've done great with a series like Yakuza which should be an infinitely harder sell in the west just because of how extensively Japanese it is and how much more of a niche game it is but it still has done well and part of the reason for that is because they didn't give up on it, they tried to make it successful in the west and they have succeeded, it's still pretty niche but its selling hand of fist better now then it was in the PS2 or PS3 era. Yakuza 0 got nominated and won some GOTY awards, thats crazy what other Sega game (again thats not made by Altus) has done that lately (also not counting Sonic Mania as that is a western developed game by fans, I'm talking about the main studios they have in Japan)? Sega has it in them and I don't hate them in general but I hate how much wasted potential I see in their products how poorly they've managed these various series in the west.

Also people want to playing Shining Resonance? Okay sure some do, hell I want to if its any good but do you really think that it'll just magically take off in the west with how Sega has marketed the series before? I also said it about that game but just re-releasing a PS3 port and charging a full price for it will hurt that game badly, budget price it would help it a ton and thats still a major big IF they even are going to do that, haven't herd anything yet despite the Japanese release quickly approaching.

Also you don't know me, you say I have a childish way of viewing the industry but you don't even know what your talking about. I worked on the retail level of gaming for nearly a decade talking to the average consumer about what they like and don't like, I spend a significant amount of time reading and researching various elements of the industry such as big developers, small developers, publishers, journalists, critics, small indy titles, big AAA titles, how games are viewed from a consumer stand point, how they are viewed from a stockholders stand point, how marketing is done well, how marketing is done poorly, ect. I look at almost every single angle of this industry that you can look at and no I'm not going to claim I know everything but I understand how all of these businesses work and make money and I've defended them on several occasions when they are in the right.

What you fail to understand about me is that I don't have some kind of personal vendetta against Sega and I'm not super obsessed with the Shining series (I mean I barely even post on this site anymore) but I know Sega's history and how they've acted in the west and what mistakes they have made, many of which they themselves have admitted publicly but when I look at Sega I see the biggest waste of potential in this entire industry and I'm not saying that out of spite I'm saying that as an objective outsider who is looking at their history and what they are capable of and what they have done and continue to do as well as plan to do. They never take big risks, they always play it safe and as close to the chest as they can, taking risks isn't even remotely a priority and its because of that that so many of their series have become stagnant, I mean look at their key franchise Sonic and what came out last year. You had what amounts to a fan game published by Sega that did exceptionally well that saw both critical and commercial success and then their own game came out and be one of the lowest rated games of the year and under performed in a massive way. They can literally see for themselves what people want and what is successful right in front of them and still not get it.

Sonic Forces should've been delayed to at least polish the game but no Sega as always with Sonic wants it to ship during the holidays which has only f*cked them over oh... At least twice before with Sonic 06 and Sonic Boom the latter of which was the worst selling Sonic game of all time. I want to remind you, THIS IS THEIR FLAGSHIP SERIES, THEIR ICON, and they still f*cked it up and didn't even at least try and delay it to fix some of the most basic problems the game had, all the while Sonic Mania a low budget, digital release for 20$ completely out classes them and its not just because its heavily inspired by the older games its because its so damn well made and has so many interesting ideas to show you as the player. Even remixed stages from the older games don't feel the same, they feel better and so much more interesting in Mania then they ever did in their original games. Fans do Sonic games better then Sega does and thats pathetic. As much as I love Sonic Mania and has done well from a business standpoint for them it makes their main studio look really, really bad. On top of that as I said they keep making the same mistakes over and over again and not learning from them and they are only hurting themselves time and again for not realizing what they need to change and what should be done.
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
Ansa

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 2:12pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Tarethen » Sat Jan 20 2018 8:14pm

I know this is the Hate The Forbidden Series Forum and all, but FFXV wasn't really seen as "shit" by most of the community. It was seen as unfinished. But with the release of the new patches and content fixes, it is becoming more and more liked by the community.

Shit was FFXIII.

*goes back to lurking*
Tarethen

User avatar
jRPG Newsman
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 2407
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 2:37pm

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Ansa » Sun Jan 21 2018 5:20am

Tarethen wrote:I know this is the Hate The Forbidden Series Forum and all, but FFXV wasn't really seen as "shit" by most of the community. It was seen as unfinished. But with the release of the new patches and content fixes, it is becoming more and more liked by the community.

Shit was FFXIII.

*goes back to lurking*

I agree with that, at launch people were throwing massive praise on the game but as people got farther along thats when the more ugly thoughts about the game started to come out. Honestly I think the game is hot garbage but theres a lot of people out their who thought the game was fine... I think they're crazy but to each their own. FFXV certainly could've been worse but I think its worse then FFXIII and in general the series has gone downhill for things I generally care about in those games (the story and characters) since FFXII which I also really can't stand and it annoys me how popular it is >.>

That said though, FFXIV is pretty damn great and a fantastic MMO. I keep seeing things related to various other FF games serving as Cameos with FFT and now FF6 and I really want to get into it but A. I don't want to pay a monthly fee and B. I really don't need to get into an MMO again. Also this is a lesser point but I would really have to get used to the combat, I was way to used to the much faster gobal cool down WoW had and the slower one FFXIV put me off of it originally.
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
Ansa

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 2011
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 2:12pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Doh042 » Sun Jan 21 2018 5:24pm

Ansa wrote:A. I don't want to pay a monthly fee

B. I really don't need to get into an MMO again. Also this is a lesser point but I would really have to get used to the combat, I was way to used to the much faster gobal cool down WoW had and the slower one FFXIV put me off of it originally.

The GCD of 2.5 seconds feels pretty bad for the tutorially-levels (1-49) but eventually (at least depending on your job) you get enough off-GCD abilities that it gets pretty intense. That and the fight mechanics are actually good at keeping you busy most of the time.

There are certainly jobs (Ninja comes to mind) where I wish I didn't have so much to do!

Anyway, not to goad you back into the game. I have myself played it way too much (tm), and am enjoying not feeling the need to log back every day for my dailies.
... enjoy!

-Doh
... enjoy!

-Doh
Doh042

User avatar
Member
Member
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Nov 28 2017 3:36am
Location: Montreal, Quebec

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Swalchy » Mon Jan 22 2018 1:41am

Gentlemen:
We can have our disagreements, but at least keep it civil, yes? Cool down.

@Chev: no slurs, please, as per forum rules. Use that sort of derogatory language again (i.e. 'fag'), and a temp ban won't be far from your future.
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post


Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.


Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post


Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.


Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
Swalchy

User avatar
Shining Legend
Shining Legend
 
Posts: 10382
Joined: Thu Sep 16 2004 5:16pm

Re: Tsuyoshi Sawada no longer producer...

Postby Neutral » Sat Jan 27 2018 6:16pm

Yeah all being honest that guy can go something himself, his open hate of fans of the traditional games has no place in a professional capacity
Neutral

User avatar
Member
Member
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Sep 07 2008 7:12pm
Location: Milky Way

Previous

Return to All Things Shining

Who is online

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest