Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums All Things Shining
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Favorite Battles and Characters throughout entire SF series?

If your topic relates to more than one Shining game, post it here!

Favorite Battles and Characters throughout entire SF series?

Postby ZethaPonderer » Mon Jan 30 2017 9:56pm

Mine was the Chess Battle from SF2 and the Laser Eye from SF1. Haven't decided on what my favorite battle is from SF3 so I'll work on it. Hope there are some futuristic robots and ninjas for me to fight in the later Scenarios so can't wait till I reach the later portions of Scenario 2 and Scenario 3. Also, going to work on my favorite characters for SF3. Same for SFCD, and Final Conflict so I'll just start with the first 2.

The Chess Battle shows how similar Shining Force series is to Chess. As for the Laser Eye, it's a pain to traverse through, but man I love this moment in the game. The ancient technologies the forces of darkness are using are pretty advanced and futuristic cybernetic robots shooting lasers XD.

My favorite characters in SF1 is Jogurt (LOL no). But seriously, my favorites are Domingo, Tao, Hanzou, Bleu, Zylo, Arthur, Musashi, and last but not least Max.

My favorite characters in SF2 is Kiwi (seriously?). *Sigh*, my favorites are Slade, Kazin, Peter, Luke, Claude, Zynk, Lemon, Tyrin, Karna, Sheela, Frayja, and Bowie.

For SFCD, Book 1 I liked the end of the battle at Chapter 2 where you found out your main character was a Prince. A decent plot twist battle. Plus, I liked the battle where Nick and his forces have to fight Edmund. This battle really made me question whether Nick did the right thing here killing his uncle. As for Book 2, I liked the battle where Woldol, the antagonist from Book 1, comes back from the dead and seeks revenge and the Laser Statue Battle similar to Laser Eye from SF1. My favorite battle from Book 3, is definitely the Shinobi Battle and the Shadow Battle. The Shinobi Battle cause it's quite an out of place battle if you ask me lol and the Shadow Battle because it's unique and just goes to show that SF3 definitely has taken lessons from SFCD based on these two battles from Book 3 instead of the first two games.

My favorite characters from SFCD includes Nick, Deanna (2nd best), Natasha, Wendy, Domingo, Amigo, Hanzou/Higins, Claude, Cray, Sarah, and Mayfair.

My favorite battle in Shining Force: Final Conflict (SF:FC) is definitely Battle #20 where you fight Max taking in Kane's role from SF1 which is awesome although I don't like how super weak he is (45 HP!?!?!?! LOL is this a joke?). It's probably the only memorable moment in the game I can think of since SF:FC doesn't have that much going in other than to tie in the plotholes of the previous entries in the SF series.

My favorite characters from SF:FC is Ruburan, Ian, Sasuke, Cynthia, Hawel, Kiddo, Julia, Eric, Sylvia, Morton, and last but not least Max. I love flying characters in this game as their defenses are just as good as Claude from SFCD. :)

What are your favorite characters and battles in the entire Shining Force series?

Edit: Just fixing my grammar. Added my favorite battles and characters in SFCD. Currently, added in my favorite battle and characters in Shining Force: Final Conflict.
Last edited by ZethaPonderer on Fri Feb 03 2017 7:28am, edited 3 times in total.
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Favorite Battles and Characters throughout entire SF ser

Postby Kaihaku » Tue Jan 31 2017 12:47am

The Laser Eye was definitely the most memorable for me from SF1...though the final battle was very well orchestrated.

For SF2... Either the Kraken or the Fairy Woods Bonus Stage.

Kind of sad that I can't remember any battles from Sword of Hajya.
The Once and Future Kai
"The quick brown vox jumps ofer the lazy dog"
The Once and Future Kai
Kaihaku

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Wulfunruh » Tue Jan 31 2017 2:29pm

SF1... Anything chapter 5 was memorable because of the new music. Gave it it's own feel. However, my favorite is either the church or with Kane. Yes, screw the circus. It's quick and annoying... Characters? Balbaroy and Zylo... with a side of Bleu.

SF2... Chess battle was memorable, but my favorite was... None. To me the game was consistent throughout, minus Kraken. F*!% Kraken. Characters? Peter, duh. I used to love Slade, but now more Lemon.
Wulfunruh

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Kaihaku » Tue Jan 31 2017 4:31pm

For favorite characters...

Max is a classic. Also, :thumbsup: is awesome. I also like Deanna.
The Once and Future Kai
The Once and Future Kai
Kaihaku

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby DomingoRules! » Sun Feb 26 2017 9:53am

I've always liked battles that think outside the box a bit. Ones like the Laser Eye, Geshp, and the Fizzle Balls. Battles that use unique enemies to add a bit of variety to gameplay that, while fun, is otherwise rather repetitive in the sense that 99.9% of foes are essentially nothing more than generic stats, and mission objectives are always just standard, "Kill all enemies, or the boss."
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to All Things Shining