Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums All Things Shining
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Choose the roster of a shining fighting game

What if...

If your topic relates to more than one Shining game, post it here!

Choose the roster of a shining fighting game

Postby DiegoMM » Tue Oct 30 2018 4:06pm

If there was a Shining Fighting Game (this topic is not to talk about Blade Arcus), what characters would you choose to be playable? how many? Last boss? You can select from classic and modern shining.
Speaking...tires me.
Fighting...tires me
I'm tired.
Speaking...tires me.
Fighting...tires me
I'm tired.
DiegoMM

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Choose the roster of a shining fighting game

Postby Kaihaku » Wed Oct 31 2018 2:33am

Well... Before the inevitable flood of Max, Adam, and Anri...

Nick: With his arm still turned to stone, cutting back on finesse but usable to block attacks. Access to Hero magic.

Bail: Extremely fast forward movement but slow backward movement and limited jump. Heavy attacks and combos.

Amigo: Slow but with lots of health and the ability to fly. Limited offenses but can recover HP. Basically obnoxious.
The Once and Future Kai
"The quick brown vox jumps ofer the lazy dog"
The Once and Future Kai
"The quick brown vox jumps ofer the lazy dog"
Kaihaku

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Choose the roster of a shining fighting game

Postby DomingoRules! » Sat Mar 16 2019 2:38am

Hanzou: Your typical hyper-fast character who's individual attacks are weak, but can string combos together with unparalleled efficiency. Could also utilize Sleep magic as a means of briefly stunning the opponent, thus setting them up for said combos.

Claude or Guntz: Big and strong, but super slow. He'd have a ton of health, and would have passive super armor that can endure weak attacks without flinching, making it easier to land his own blows without interruption from those faster, but would still be a tricky character to use effectively due to his slowness.

Peter: A fairly average character who doesn't have any particular strengths or weaknesses statistically, but has the added benefit of being able to freely fly about. Good at stall tactics since his flight makes retreat and evasion easier than with most characters, but becomes vulnerable after taking any heavy hit that knocks him to the ground. Perhaps if the game were to have some form of passive health recovery, such as the red energy bar in the Versus series, Peter's health recovery rate would be slightly above average.

Tyrin: Capable of wielding Blaze, Freeze, and Bolt magic, he'd have the widest range of special attacks of any character in the game, and would be virtually untouchable in a long-distance battle. However, he'd be very frail when it comes to receiving damage, and would wield utterly pitiful melee combat abilities, requiring him to keep his distance or be easily dispatched. For a hyper combo, if the game were to have such overwhelming special attacks, he'd promote himself into a Sorcerer in a flash of light, then summon Apollo to barrage the entire screen with a devastating inferno.

Domingo: Kaihaku suggesting Amigo got me thinking that these two could be one character, with a sort of style-swap mechanic that switches between them at the player's command. With Domingo's focus on offense, and Amigo's on defense, utilizing the character effectively would boil down to one's ability to swap between them as their traits are needed.

Zero (or any birdman, just went with Zero because he's my favorite): A well-rounded character with long attack range thanks to his sword, and high aerial mobility. He wouldn't be able to outright fly like Peter, but rather would have a swift double-jump capable of moving in all eight directions, and can be turned into a dashing thrust when combined with a basic attack button for starting combos.

David: Another style-change character, he'd be able to swap freely between wielding a spear, an axe, and a dagger, each of which would possess different attributes and attacks.

As for a final boss, I think Darksol would be best, just because he was the franchise's very original villain. Perhaps when playing on higher difficulties, he transforms into his true form after losing the first round.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to All Things Shining