Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums All Things Shining
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Well F Me, Shining Resonance Coming to the West

All Current Platforms and Steam

If your topic relates to more than one Shining game, post it here!

Well F Me, Shining Resonance Coming to the West

Postby Ansa » Wed Feb 21 2018 4:02pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... aHMb9qaYLg

Summer 2018

I'll be over here eating crow since I said it wasn't going to happen.

Also anyone who played the game, please tell me theres a costume you can use to get rid of that stupid collar around the main character neck.

Edit: Also coming to Switch, http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... witch.aspx

Edit2: NA trailer confirms Xbox One and PC release as well, I'll give Sega this they are certainly going after a wide market for this title.
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheNovelMike
I have a youtube channel now that focuses on vlogs about things going on in the gaming industry!

Ansa

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Well F Me, Shining Resonance Coming to the West

Postby Doh042 » Wed Feb 21 2018 6:15pm

Part of me got excited because of the start, where they announce the first translated Shining Game in 10 years.

Then the whole trailer leaves me... just slightly curious (I do find some of the character art cute and I'm interested about the world/story), and confused (instrument/weapons, why? What's the gameplay like?). I don't think it has much of a "Shining" vibe to it, not in the sense of the earlier Camelot/Sonic Software planning does.

So I'm most likely going to let that one pass.

Super Robot Wars X, on the other hand, has got me super excited...
... enjoy!

-Doh
... enjoy!

-Doh
Doh042

Postby Ansa » Wed Feb 21 2018 6:41pm

Doh042 wrote:Part of me got excited because of the start, where they announce the first translated Shining Game in 10 years.

Then the whole trailer leaves me... just slightly curious (I do find some of the character art cute and I'm interested about the world/story), and confused (instrument/weapons, why? What's the gameplay like?). I don't think it has much of a "Shining" vibe to it, not in the sense of the earlier Camelot/Sonic Software planning does.

So I'm most likely going to let that one pass.

Super Robot Wars X, on the other hand, has got me super excited...

It's really a god awful trailer that doesn't tell you a single thing about the game, really don't know what they were thinking on that part. Hell they kinda screwed up the messaging, first it was just a PS4 trailer then GI revealed there was a switch version in the works then the NA trailer revealed that there is also a PC and XBO version, all of which came out at different times. Really should've done a better job getting this information out there. Also man are people bitter about the SF series, I made a few topics about this on other forums and I thought it was just US thats super bitter but like every thread is people still just royally pissed about how Sega's treated this series.

I'm getting the game though, I said a looong time ago that I would if they ever brought another game out and frankly with how much Chev has attempted to make the series out to be this great thing still I'm genuinely curious on if the game will be good or not, should be fun to see at least and unlike a lot of people I'm not bothered by the art style.

Ansa

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Doh042 » Wed Feb 21 2018 6:48pm

I feel that the art style is the only good thing the game has (other than pinning "Shining" before its name) going for it right now.

And it's not like the art style is amazingly unique and a strong selling point -- to me, it's just a very competent anime look in 3D. But that's enough to make me happy.

However, I look at it, and dream of what it would be like if they had that quality level on a grid-based, turn-based SF-style game instead. So because of that unfair comparison, this game essentially can't win.
... enjoy!

-Doh
... enjoy!

-Doh
Doh042

Postby chevkraken » Wed Feb 21 2018 7:03pm

Shining Resonance is the least Shining of the Post Camelot Shining (Shining Tears et Blade were the more Shining), actually, except the name of the spell and item, there is nothing of Shining in the title, no dwarf, no technology, no beastmen.

But it's a solid dungeon RPG with a Star Ocean/tales of-like gameplay(but with more tactic) and marvelous OST., the graphic were excellent on PS3, but on PS4 in 2018, they seem svery poor. Not a great game, but a decent RPG.

The trailer is just the intro of the game.

The great game of the Tony Shining was Shining Blade, it would have been the game for the return of the serie in west:
-released the week of the 20 years of Shining force
-develloped with the code name: Shining Fourth(Shining 4 and Shining Force)
-SRPG by Sakura wars, Dragon force and Valkyria Chronicles staff using Valkyria Chronicles/Sakura wars gameplay
-return of the Shining force, the ancient and Dark Dragon in the storyline
-Final confict of the Tony Shining
-One of the 10 most beautiful game of the PSP

The game is too easy but the original Shining force also was too easy.
chevkraken

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Patrel Rushlock » Thu Feb 22 2018 11:23am

Saw a tweet about it today, was excited and came here to find out more after being disappointed by the article. It talks about SF1, then shows this game which doesn't seem to be Shining at all. Will look again at launch.
Patrel Rushlock

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby ShiningForceKaya » Thu Feb 22 2018 4:29pm

I like tales of games and shining force games, so this is a double win for me. Looks more like a tales of game though. Just being hopeful that we will get other previous ports in the future if I buy this one. People told me long ago to can it and never hope that spyro the dragon or shining force would come again, Here we are in 2018... the impossible just happened. I like to hope for the future....
Verily I say unto you all:Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations;
D&C 115:5

Check out the Shining force group on DA: http://legacyofshiningforce.deviantart.com/
Verily I say unto you all:Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations;
D&C 115:5

Check out the Shining force group on DA: http://legacyofshiningforce.deviantart.com/

Postby Wulfunruh » Fri Feb 23 2018 9:42pm

If it's anything like SOcean? I'm in. Props to post.
Wulfunruh

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Thousand » Sun Feb 25 2018 6:20pm

hm, this actually looks like a nice RPG. maybe not a "real" shining force but quite solid. Plus, apparently there's going to be a demo, so :thumbsup:
Thousand

Postby sulfuroxp » Mon Feb 26 2018 2:56pm

sulfuroxp

Lost Shining Purple
Shining Legend

Postby Marky » Sun Mar 18 2018 5:00pm

http://shiningresonance.com

It's also mentioned on the US site that Shining Resinance will be released in the states
Marky

Attending Physician
Shining Legend

Postby rid1ey » Sun Mar 25 2018 1:46pm

Seriously looking forward to this and so happy I invested in the post-Camelot Shining as well as revisiting the old games and rekindling my love for the 'Shining' series! Can't stress my love for Shining Blade and to top it off an English Patch for Shining Ark is due this year.

Didn't see this (release) coming at all lol - wonder if Blade Arcus from Shining will get a switch re-release, too?

Exciting times! (...at long last)

like others suggest a Sonic Mania style Shining Force developed by Camelot or overseen by and created by fans would be a brilliant idea also.
Switch Friend code: SW-6146-8724-6311
3DS Friend Code: 1736-1423-5795
Xbox 360 Gamertag: rid1ey
rid1ey

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Hawksaber » Wed Mar 28 2018 4:23pm

It looks okay, but again, echoing the sentiment of others and agreeing that it's less of a Shining game than some of the other newer titles.

I think a Shining Force revival game using the same battle system at Valkyria Chronicles would be a hit. It's the closest thing I've played to a modern-style Shining Force game (besides Fire Emblem, obviously) :(
Hawksaber

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby rid1ey » Wed Mar 28 2018 8:36pm

Hawksaber wrote:It looks okay, but again, echoing the sentiment of others and agreeing that it's less of a Shining game than some of the other newer titles.

I think a Shining Force revival game using the same battle system at Valkyria Chronicles would be a hit. It's the closest thing I've played to a modern-style Shining Force game (besides Fire Emblem, obviously) :(

Shining Blade...
Last edited by rid1ey on Sun Apr 08 2018 8:07pm, edited 1 time in total.
rid1ey

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Thousand » Thu Mar 29 2018 11:38am

nice, thanx!