Help!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2008 6:38pm
by _Cilina_
Can someone please help me? I have a few questions on SSI.
1. How do I use a Soul Return as an Archer?
2. What is an easy way to make money?
3. How do I get people to join my party?
4. How do I defeat the octupus on Robert's Ship?

I'll post more questions as I find them, I really do appreciate anybody's help!

Re: Help!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2008 6:59pm
by Salibu
Roberts ship is in SSI?

I thought it was only in 2?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01 2008 10:02pm
by Cullsoft
Salibu @ Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:59 pm) wrote: Roberts ship is in SSI?

I thought it was only in 2?

Indeed it is. Methinks the wrong forum has been chosen.

In answer to the original questions...

1) Off the top of my head, Soul Returns are useless in single player. If a character dies, then an accompanying player (i.e. in multiplayer) needs to lob a Soul Return at them before they're "carried away" to Klantol Castle.

2) Replay levels repeatedly. You'll find yourself amassing a number of items that you don't need and can sell for a bit of cash. Also, buy Valuing Scrolls when they're available in the shop and hang onto them for use when an item's valuing cost is above 200G (ideally much higher to get the most out of it).

3) Find some Real Life friends who also have GBAs and copies of the game, and are up for some multiplayer fun time.

4) Dark Magic resistance helps to cushion the effects of the Octopus's ink (though chances are you'll be blinded anyway). Try to keep close to the middle so you can see which side its tentacle is going to attack from, but all the while be prepared to keep moving to avoid the ink (bear in mind that once a blob of ink hits you, it shouldn't hit again). Stick near the top of the ship and lay into it as much as able. As with many of SS2's bosses, persistence and concentration should see you through.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02 2008 6:30pm
by _Cilina_
Ok..does anybody know how much hp it has, and what dark magic resistance is? I'm not quite sure if this is SSI or SS2, I have never seen the box.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02 2008 7:23pm
by Cullsoft
To find out whether or not you're playing SS1 or SS2...
- If you're playing the cart, take it out of your GBA or DSand look at the label.
- If you're playing a ROM on an emulator, check the ROM's filename. Or take a screenshot and post it.
- Either way, look at the name it has on the title screen.

No idea how much HP the Octopus has (off the top of my head it's at least a few hundred), but regarding Dark Magic resistance...

See that box marked in red? Those numbers are your magic resistance for different elements, respectively:
CODE

Fire Light
Ice Dark
Lightning Poison

The higher the number, the stronger your resistance.

Ways to increase your resistance include...
- Get hit by spells or attacks of that element (for Dark, you'll want to get hit by attacks that make your character temporarily go all black, i.e. blinded)
- Resist magic (only applicable if your a Priestess or have a Priestess on your team)
- Magic Resistance boosting equipment (for Dark, this will include equipment with the suffix "of Fear", "of "Rage" or "of [Dark symbol] RES")

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15 2008 9:37pm
by Salibu
I fixed Culley's statement:

To find out whether or not you're playing SS1 or SS2...

- Does it Suck? and Make 0 Sense?
If your answer is Yes, you are playing SSI
If your answer is No, this game is awesome...you are playing SSII

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28 2008 8:17am
by Green Knight
If you need an item that boosts dark resist, you should be able to get a guanteed one by completing Ipa's Palace shop side quest. Silver Ring has +10 dark resist.