Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Soul
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Soul's Plot

I just don't get it.

Discuss the first Shining game for Game Boy Advance here!

Re: Shining Soul's Plot

Postby Fofa » Wed Dec 22 2004 4:02am

I wasn't planning to get it anyway. ;)
Just another avid follower of Camelot. . (whistles innocently)
Just another avid follower of Camelot. . (whistles innocently)
Fofa

Postby Jogurt821 » Fri Jul 15 2005 3:30am

Camelot say's it's garbage i've only played the second one and reading Moogie's theory I don't want to buy the first one and I also read the plot it has so many plot holes it's crazy :damnit:
"There are plenty of things in my backpack. Let's see... A change of
underclothes. Keeping clean is the key to a sharp appearance. Come to think of
it, how often do you change your underwear?"
-Gong
Go toslaygawebs
-Gong
Go toslaygawebs
Jogurt821

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 16 2005 9:22pm

anyways, in SS1's defense:
Zeon and Bulzome BOTH had a chip on their shoulder teaming up with the Darkies if you read their dialogue when you fight them, so they were obviously just teaming up to get rid of the good peoples first. Iom and probably many others I forget all said they were gonna be back eventually when you beat them. These SF baddies just never stay in the grave you know.

There are loads of Robots named Collosus in the series so one Collosus may have a similiar design or even an exact replica but that didn't make it unique, so Collosus isn't a stretch as you fight tons of mini-Collosus' in SS1 SS2 and ST. Then you fight a few big ones:SS1 SF3 scenario 1. And also by the same name is the mechanical/organic eyball or face version of Collosus found in SF1 and SF3 scenario 3. If you want to complain about plotholes tell me why Taros is in StHA, SF2, multiple ones in SFCD, and in SF3 scen3. Does that Mean Taros got tired of defending certain artifacts and structures and decided to gaurd other ones? or were there multiple Taros' just like there are mutliple Colossus'?

The Storytellers in Tristan are talking about a completely different battle which probably took place between the thousand years of SS1 and SF1. This battle could have happened in a hell or banishing-world for all we know. Tristan only really tells you that DarkSol, Zeon and Lucifer (oddly named after the Devil, widely believed by many religions to be the ruler of Hell.) got in a fight.

Now, for those of you who don't mind ST spoilers
WARNING: SPOILER!

So, are there any "plotholes" that can't be explained?
-/|\-Chrome General Eric-/|\-
``\\--The Shining Legion--//``

3DS FC: 1478-3297-4358

Eric

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby max_chan » Sat Jul 30 2005 6:27pm

Fofa @ Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:59 am) wrote: Can anyone please explain to me the plot of Shining Soul? I've never played it, though I've heard it's a jumbled mess. (Probably a good thing I never played it though.)

Actually, the game is rather a "special edition" game.

To boot it, they crammed every villian in the Shining Force world into one game.

They even introduced the beat-em-up system, which saves the trouble of selecting your position and then taking turns to attack.

Plus, it has a "Bare Knuckle" feeling in the game.
max_chan

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 30 2005 7:22pm

max_chan @ Sat Jul 30, 2005 6:27 pm) wrote: Actually, the game is rather a "special edition" game.

To boot it, they crammed every villian in the Shining Force world into one game.

They even introduced the beat-em-up system, which saves the trouble of selecting your position and then taking turns to attack.

Plus, it has a "Bare Knuckle" feeling in the game.

I dont know what makes it so special.

Not every villian is in the game.

This is more like Diablo than Bare Knuckles.

but anyways thanks for the comprehensive input :/

Eric

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Seifert Tyrin'Dal » Sat Jul 30 2005 10:41pm

I have yet to get all the way through SS1 but I started playing it a few days ago, and I haven't really put it down :p. Eric seemed to put ot all rather well. I always assumed that DD DS and Zeon all fought in the "Dark Realm" from which Zeon appears in SF2, and the other two were still in there licking their wounds. Not sure about Bulzome, he has always bothered me, no idea where he came from, no idea how he came to power, big mystery.
Read the Wheel of Time!

Hope is a waking dream.
-Aristotle
Read the Wheel of Time!

Hope is a waking dream.
-Aristotle
Seifert Tyrin'Dal

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Sex-czar » Mon Aug 15 2005 4:00pm

Sorry this is not directly related to the topic, but how much is Shining Soul worth, like at a store? I saw it for $30 like in January, and yesterday it was still $30. Is that a good price?
Look to the future;
remember the past;
live, in the present.
Look to the future;
remember the past;
live, in the present.
Sex-czar

Postby Cullsoft » Mon Aug 15 2005 5:14pm

Sex-czar @ Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:00 pm) wrote: Sorry this is not directly related to the topic, but how much is Shining Soul worth, like at a store? I saw it for $30 like in January, and yesterday it was still $30. Is that a good price?

Haggle or hunt for $10-20.
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
----- Culley's Shop RPG Trading Post & Figurine Emporium -----
- Warrior Pride, Dynamite & other items for sale
- Various figures for trading
- Seeking Grace, Alef and May figurines, also Power Waters, Lucky Cookies and rare goods
Click here for trading rates & more information
Cullsoft

Shining Furce
Shining Legend

Postby mad_cat_42 » Tue Aug 23 2005 5:25am

Or download the ROM for free. I have it. ;)

WARNING: SPOILER!
mad_cat_42

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Rick » Wed Aug 31 2005 8:18am

the game (if it fits in) has to take place 1000 years afore SF1
Rick's 10K Run Blog

SF Community Project. Come have a looksie

Chaos Wizard wrote:I prefer beauty more then Virginal. But no skanks. :angry:

masquirinsears wrote:wow that rick, he's so hot right now, rick...

-----
Shining Force: Ancient Pathways RPG
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
HP: 21/21 |||||||||||||||||||||
-----
Rick's 10K Run Blog

SF Community Project. Come have a looksie

Chaos Wizard wrote:I prefer beauty more then Virginal. But no skanks. :angry:

masquirinsears wrote:wow that rick, he's so hot right now, rick...

-----
Shining Force: Ancient Pathways RPG
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
HP: 21/21 |||||||||||||||||||||
-----
Rick

Lionheart
Shining Legend

Postby Jogurt821 » Wed Aug 31 2005 6:19pm

What about shining soul 2 how many years does that take place. :confused:
-Gong
Go toslaygawebs
-Gong
Go toslaygawebs
Jogurt821

Postby Alones » Wed Aug 31 2005 11:00pm

Jogurt821 @ Wed Aug 31, 2005 6:19 pm) wrote: What about shining soul 2 how many years does that take place. :confused:

I think SSII don't take place in the shining storyline...
Currently in development: Machina Blade
Currently in development: Machina Blade
Alones

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Dark Link » Wed Aug 31 2005 11:07pm

what is the storyline? i basically know where u start, what u need to do, and you do alot of killing. that's about all i know (mind you i am only on, like, the 4th place, so...yeah.
As long as there is light, I shall follow you. When the light goes out, I will surround you. Destroy you with the fear of the unknown. I am subtle and precise, constantly shifting as the sand falls. I am a myth, a monster, a warrior. I am the Hero's Shadow.
As long as there is light, I shall follow you. When the light goes out, I will surround you. Destroy you with the fear of the unknown. I am subtle and precise, constantly shifting as the sand falls. I am a myth, a monster, a warrior. I am the Hero's Shadow.
Dark Link

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Qinlongfei » Mon Nov 07 2005 5:06am

It's so hard if not impossible to fit SS into the SF storyline, (Just in my opinion) I just consider them to be in parallel dimension or something like that... Well... the default name of the swordman is 'Max'. (Since you get the status boost... just kidding. :( ) But they are probably different person if that's really his default name.
So tired... Just want to sleep through my life...
So tired... Just want to sleep through my life...
Qinlongfei

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Eric » Mon Jan 23 2006 10:05am

SS2 opens up with Simone(readit girl) finishing with the defeat of Dark Dragon. However Dark Dragon has been beaten twice, so either she continues past SF1 or past SS1. Also in SFLotDD Bleu tells of the past where his mother defeated Dark Dragon along with the help of the ancients. < That could be SS1 and you just dont see the white dragon army that also aided the heroes or it could have been that DD got his butt kicked 3 times. I assume its past SS1 given its called SS2.

The theme in SS2 is balance between light and dark, and that people have forgotten the past where Dark Dragon was around. All we have to estimate is that it has been quite a long time since Dark Dragon is dead, since SS1 is at the start of the chronology, SS2 could potentially take place in any time frame even after SF2 which happens to be the final game chronologically.

This dillemma is also present when predicting when ST started. All you know for sure is that the time of the Ancients had already passed since there are robots, and the behemoth and Dragon God are machines made by ancients, and also at the top of the tower you meet a robot who tells more about the ancients. The legends in ST are numberous. Previously the 4 famous heroes Chieron Asclei Zenovia and Cupido defeated the Wolf of Chaos(only a decade or 2 before ST). The invincible twin dragon knights along with the twin dragon rings. Rune invades Shildia from the east and the current royalty isnt familiar in other games, also its named Runegiest in ST which makes me think the game is post SF1 since in SF1 protectora was renamed to Runefaust, and in ST its renamed to Runegiest. Gallahad is sporting a personal flying machine of the same caliber as Kokichis, almost identical design to his unpromoted machine, which we knew he invented. Gallahad found ancient items and maybe he found Kokichis machine as well. Gallahad uncovered an airship as well, the only other time a large ship is seen in Shining history is the vessel the spirits were using in StHA when it was shot down by some vandals, could be the same, or it could be just another airship from the ancients assuming they had them.

Klantol the setting of SS2 is geographically refered to as south of Shildia (ST) if memory serves correctly. Other than that SS2 is quite seperated from the rest of the series, since no heroes or villians make a return and the location is different from other games.

Why am I posting this here in SS1? Who knows, but I guess I'm answering questions about SS2 and showing that SS1 doesnt really have any major plotholes, and that there are many instances of shining games intertwining without creating plotholes. If you want seperate dimensions go play Neo, not even I would dare to tie that in to SF world in any way. That game is an abomination to the current plot.

Eric

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Aldur » Mon Jan 23 2006 2:17pm

Wasted and incorrect words. Sega themselves say that ST and Neo along with the Modern Games have no bearing in th original Timeline. They are merely tributes.
MDMG Alex's gay jokes counter: 3

Aldur: Finally it's just us in here
Aldur: lets have wild passionate cyber rp
omega entity: mmm
omega entity: cyber RP

Ri3mannZeta: I LOVE YOU HGUYS BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL HUMANS
omega entity: lol
geddis the hero: Z what
Ri3mannZeta: what up aldur
Ri3mannZeta: you are cool as f**k
Ri3mannZeta): ;,fap
Ri3mannZeta: i love you guysd so much

TheUnknownMarine: Man I don't like the feel of this.
VoxPVoxD: take it out of your butt

Kalos Krystalpaw EXP: 63150/66000
70/70HP, 29AC, 15AC flat footed, 18 AC touch, Spell Resistance: 23, Fort+22 Reflex+14, Will+17
Energy Resistance Acid, Cold, Elec, Sonic and fire: 10. DR: 5/magic
24 hour Invocations: See the Unseen, Beguiling Influence, Dark One's Own Luck: Fort

0 personal GP

0th: 6/6, 1st: 9/9, 2nd: 7/8 3rd: 4/6
MDMG Alex's gay jokes counter: 3

Aldur: Finally it's just us in here
Aldur: lets have wild passionate cyber rp
omega entity: mmm
omega entity: cyber RP

Ri3mannZeta: I LOVE YOU HGUYS BECAUSE YOU ARE ALL HUMANS
omega entity: lol
geddis the hero: Z what
Ri3mannZeta: what up aldur
Ri3mannZeta: you are cool as f**k
Ri3mannZeta): ;,fap
Ri3mannZeta: i love you guysd so much

TheUnknownMarine: Man I don't like the feel of this.
VoxPVoxD: take it out of your butt

Kalos Krystalpaw EXP: 63150/66000
70/70HP, 29AC, 15AC flat footed, 18 AC touch, Spell Resistance: 23, Fort+22 Reflex+14, Will+17
Energy Resistance Acid, Cold, Elec, Sonic and fire: 10. DR: 5/magic
24 hour Invocations: See the Unseen, Beguiling Influence, Dark One's Own Luck: Fort

0 personal GP

0th: 6/6, 1st: 9/9, 2nd: 7/8 3rd: 4/6
Aldur

FABULOUS
Shining Legend

Postby Sully » Fri Jul 14 2006 5:01pm

I always saw Shining Soul to be a playable version of the intro to LoGI. They tell you that the ancients defeated dark dragon and sent him away, and you do just that. And I obviously figure it to be before LoGI because Adam and Chaos are still friendly to each other. I always saw this game as the true prequel to the story of LoGI. Now as far as Neo goes, I just see that as a prequel to the hero of LoGI, and not the story. (ps, i know its a little off topic, but i haven't really played through Neo enough yet, that's just my theory.)
"If all the humans are annihilated, that's ok. It's their destiny."

Fight my Brute!
Social Networking Rules Our Lives

Fight my Brute!
Sully

shining philiac
Shining Member

Postby Lord Oddeye sama » Fri Jul 14 2006 5:29pm

Sully @ Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:01 pm) wrote: I always saw Shining Soul to be a playable version of the intro to LoGI. They tell you that the ancients defeated dark dragon and sent him away, and you do just that. And I obviously figure it to be before LoGI because Adam and Chaos are still friendly to each other. I always saw this game as the true prequel to the story of LoGI. Now as far as Neo goes, I just see that as a prequel to the hero of LoGI, and not the story. (ps, i know its a little off topic, but i haven't really played through Neo enough yet, that's just my theory.)

Neo sounds more like a prequel to the hero of RotDD.
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
I despise berzerk attitude.
¿ ? The OddBlood ¿ ?
/ Because Life is Odd. \
Secretary of Odds and Ends, Rainblood Secessionists
Jinx unto ye!

Wargasm @ Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:26 am wrote:Vous êtes tous douches. J'aime le monde des poissons bleus.

Do you like Shining Force 1? Do you like orchestral remixes? Then this is for you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24551#p668069
Lord Oddeye sama

Legendary Greater Devil
Shining Legend

Postby Sully » Fri Jul 14 2006 9:32pm

excellent point, Lord Oddeye. excellent point.

Fight my Brute!

Fight my Brute!
Sully

shining philiac
Shining Member

Postby Eric » Sat Jul 15 2006 8:14am

Neo sounds like the introduction of the end of the series to me.

Aldur, tell me which part I said was incorrect. They could say they aren't linked just to cover their asses in case of a plothole, but so far no one has established a true plothole in SS1 in relation to the rest of the series.

The collossus argument was easily defeated by the fact that there are so many different collosusses.

Now, if someone does not think it CAN fit in the series, please say why instead of "oooh that's not cannon because I don't feel like it is."

Eric

Shining Member
Shining Member

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Soul