Shining Force III: New bug?

Wow, thought I'd never see the day...

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

New bug?

Post by Swalchy »

Well, playing through Japanese Scenario 1 (yes, AGAIN before someone says something) and as usual, I'm getting everyone trusted with each other before moving onto the next battle.

But I have come across something very, VERY peculiar, which I've never seen happen before, nor heard someone mentioning it before.

Anyway, Battle one: Got everyone trusted with each other before moving on. I double check just to make sure that EVERYONE is trusted with each other. Once I can se that, I finish off the Monks and go onto the next battle. The 2nd battle I just let Garosh die, save hayward and then move on. It's quite simple.

Now I'm currently on the third battle, getting everyone Trusted with Hayward at this moment in time.

Just randomly, I decided to check Synbios' states and His friendships after I have him trusted with Hayward, even though I know I had him trusted with the other three before I left the first battle.

But this is where the peculiar part comes in:

Synbios has actually LOST His friendships with people! It's the same with Dantares, masqurin and Grace!

Basically, Synbios has gone from being trusted with Dantares and Masqurin to being only friends with them. Dantares has gone form being Trusted with Synbios and Grace to only being Friends with them, and Grace has gone from being trusted with Masqurin and Dantares to being only friends with them!

They were all trusted by the end of the umpteen times I'd done the first battle, but now, they've decided to pop down to only being friends - and I haven't let a single one of them die!

So, is this another bug, or have I gone COMPLETELY insane?
Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.
Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...

Mensa Member
IQ 137
Not bragging; just making you dumb-asses aware. :evilgrin:

Re: New bug?

Post by ShiningVeteran »

I am on my first play through of SF3 Sc 1, and I don't have much experience with the friendship system, but so far as I have seen none of my party members have been moving down friendship levels at all. I don't have them trusted or anything tho either. Also, could someone post the rules for friendship, or since I am sure it has been asked before, link to the post where it has been explained? i tried searching google and gamefaqs and even searched the forums, but I can't find a good description of how often friendship levels occur, if healing contributes, spellcasting, using heal items or antidote items etc. Thanks!
The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein
Aldur
FABULOUS
Shining Legend

Post by Aldur »

Swalchy @ Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:34 pm) wrote: Well, playing through Japanese Scenario 1 (yes, AGAIN before someone says something) and as usual, I'm getting everyone trusted with each other before moving onto the next battle.

But I have come across something very, VERY peculiar, which I've never seen happen before, nor heard someone mentioning it before.

Anyway, Battle one: Got everyone trusted with each other before moving on. I double check just to make sure that EVERYONE is trusted with each other. Once I can se that, I finish off the Monks and go onto the next battle. The 2nd battle I just let Garosh die, save hayward and then move on. It's quite simple.

Now I'm currently on the third battle, getting everyone Trusted with Hayward at this moment in time.

Just randomly, I decided to check Synbios' states and His friendships after I have him trusted with Hayward, even though I know I had him trusted with the other three before I left the first battle.

But this is where the peculiar part comes in:

Synbios has actually LOST His friendships with people! It's the same with Dantares, masqurin and Grace!

Basically, Synbios has gone from being trusted with Dantares and Masqurin to being only friends with them. Dantares has gone form being Trusted with Synbios and Grace to only being Friends with them, and Grace has gone from being trusted with Masqurin and Dantares to being only friends with them!

They were all trusted by the end of the umpteen times I'd done the first battle, but now, they've decided to pop down to only being friends - and I haven't let a single one of them die!

So, is this another bug, or have I gone COMPLETELY insane?
Reload and Save Garosh and check them. Maybe his death triggered something?
TheUnknownMarine: Man I don't like the feel of this.
VoxPVoxD: take it out of your butt

Kalos Krystalpaw EXP: 129,000/136,000
135/135 HP, 35 AC, 28 AC flat footed, 18 AC touch, Spell Resistance: 28, Fort+32 Reflex+24 Will+27
Energy Resistance Acid: 30
Energy Resistance Cold: 30
Universal Energy Resistance: 10 DR: 10/magic
24 hour Invocations: See the Unseen, Beguiling Influence, Vandal Knowledge, Dark One's Own Luck: Fort

13425 personal GP Kalos
0th: 6/6, 1st: 9/9-1, 2nd:9/9-1 3rd: 9/9-1 4th: 8/8-1 5th: 7/7-1 6th: 6/6-1
Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Swalchy »

Aldur @ Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:54 am) wrote: Reload and Save Garosh and check them. Maybe his death triggered something?
:lol:

It might have been that, but I'm afraid I'm already at Balsamo now again, with everyone Trusted again.

I guess it's just one of them "anomolies" or I'm going insane.

Mensa Member
IQ 137
Rick
Lionheart
Shining Legend

Post by Rick »

how is it even possible to get them all trusted by that time...

or is it far easier in jap scen 1?

maybe they didnt want anyone having those insane bonus' that early :p
Rick's 10K Run Blog

SF Community Project. Come have a looksie
Chaos Wizard wrote:I prefer beauty more then Virginal. But no skanks. :angry:
masquirinsears wrote:wow that rick, he's so hot right now, rick...
-----
Shining Force: Ancient Pathways RPG
Cole - Lv. 11 WARR
HP: 21/21 |||||||||||||||||||||
-----
Swalchy
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by Swalchy »

Rick @ Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:05 am) wrote: how is it even possible to get them all trusted by that time...

or is it far easier in jap scen 1?

maybe they didnt want anyone having those insane bonus' that early :p
It's quite easy.

You just need them to attack and kill 15 people together each to get to Trusted. Can do it in both Eng Scn 1 and Jap Scn 1. For grace, you just need her to heal someone 30 times to get to Trusted level :)

I've Got Grace and Synbios Soulmated now anyway >.>

Mensa Member
IQ 137
alex_man
Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Post by alex_man »

Well another two bugs in scenario 1 is the conversation between Basanda
ans Synbios and the other Giga Breaker and High Wizard are missed spelled