Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Need a complete Scenario 1 save (medafen) please.

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Need a complete Scenario 1 save (medafen) please.

Postby 0101010 » Mon May 27 2019 3:39am

First of all, I'm really glad this site is still around. I made an account here at least 15 years ago back when there was that battling mini-game on the forum with items and there were things like SF1 statues for completing the games with a character solo from a guy called Rusty IIRC. That's where I learned that there were more shining games outside of SITD, SF1 and SF2. Before I stopped visiting I read about the translation project and thought "yeah like that will ever get done".

So glad to be wrong!

Anyway to the point. So the last time I played SF3 was probably in the mid early 00's (before this recent playthrough) after acquiring an Ebay lot with SF3 (PAL) and a Saturn and still to this day it is my only Saturn game. I recently got a PC capable of running pretty much anything now, opposed to not really having something capable of gaming for years.

I've re-played and finished SF3:1 on my Saturn and only kinda just towards the end of it made me remember the translation project...

I've made a working back up of my SF3:1 disk and it works fairly well with mednafen and I wish I used that before risking my Saturn as the lasers are pretty good at failing.

Does anyone have a SF3:1 "Complete save" or close to it. Doesn't need to have perfect stats, all the mithril/dark matter and I couldn't give a crap what you named the three heroes.

Just something that has all the prerequesites for members to join and will let me continue my progress into the other two scenarios.

Any help or being pointed in the general direction would be wonderful.

I've spent a few hours googling and nothing has come up, the only thing that has come close is the save editor thing on here, but that doesn't quite seem suited for what I need it for at first glance (could be wrong).

Thanks in advance.

Re: Need a complete Scenario 1 save (medafen) please.

Postby Chinagonuk » Mon May 27 2019 10:07pm

I’ve personally never used Mednafen but the translation project website has all the saves you need for SSF emulator and apparently, this guide will help you convert them to work in Mednafen (though, i’ve never done it myself).

https://forums.libretro.com/t/convertin ... aturn/8607
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Tue May 28 2019 12:21pm

Ideally, you would have patched Sc1 from the beginning, but...

If you care at all about the story (and the changes the translation patch brings to Sc1), I would recommend you choose to convert a save near the end of the final battle so you can see how the story leaves you in Sc1 before diving in to Sc2.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Red_Shine » Tue Jun 04 2019 7:16am

Since Mednafen was mentioned, there is something I feel I should add to the discussion. For some odd reason, the saves generated by the Retroarch Mednafen core (Beetle Saturn) are not compatible with saves generated by the standalone Mednafen, so this should be kept in mind.

Also, I feel the OPs request is valid in a sense that a save game repository for Mednafen should be made and kept, if possible, unless there are ways to convert saves (though from what I've seen this is a hit and miss procedure).
Red_Shine

Postby Hattari » Tue Jun 04 2019 10:36pm

0101010 wrote:Does anyone have a SF3:1 "Complete save"

Complete save, and then some: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dcg269xo ... s.zip/file

version used: mednafen-1.22.2-win64
game: v16 translation patch

BTW, I recommend using MedGui Reborn (v0.104) as a mednafen frontend. It's excellent.
Hattari

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Wed Jun 05 2019 11:59am

Hattari wrote:
0101010 wrote:Does anyone have a SF3:1 "Complete save"

Complete save, and then some: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dcg269xo ... s.zip/file

version used: mednafen-1.22.2-win64
game: v16 translation patch

BTW, I recommend using MedGui Reborn (v0.104) as a mednafen frontend. It's excellent.

The translation version isn't relevant to the save working. You should always be on the latest translation version (currently V20).
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Red_Shine » Thu Jun 06 2019 3:31am

I didn't know the saves themselves were patch agnostic. That's a relief actually, as I held off from updating in the past due to the fear of having to start over.
Red_Shine

Postby legalize freedom » Thu Jun 06 2019 12:11pm

Just think about the process of testing patch changes. It would be impossible to test if new versions didn't work with existing saves.

There are no barriers to staying up with the latest patch version.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby knight0fdragon » Fri Jun 07 2019 6:28pm

The only incompatibility between the save file and the translation patch are the names of the characters because the save file saves those names. So if we renamed Spiriel to Spirit, it would still appear as Spiriel until you start a new game.
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Return to Shining Force III