Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Simulating a New Game+

I just thought of something silly

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Simulating a New Game+

Postby Red_Shine » Wed May 15 2019 5:04am

While PD is a nice bonus, it's a bit sad that you can't replay the game after finishing it , so I've been wondering:

Is the save editor robust enough so that the active Force in a new game can be throroughly modified to have the same stats/inventory/classes that they had previously? (assuming, obviously that I take note of such stats for this purpose).

If the answer is yes, maybe coupling this with the difficult selector that apparently becomes available when you finish a scenario could constitute a form of New Game+

Further, is it possible to save edit in such a way that characters from different Forces can be swapped around?
Red_Shine

Re: Simulating a New Game+

Postby legalize freedom » Wed May 15 2019 12:00pm

Yes, but I believe you will still be limited to the assets used in the particular scenario. You can't add Kate to your team in Sc1 because she doesn't exist on that disc.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Red_Shine » Wed May 15 2019 8:28pm

legalize freedom wrote:Yes, but I believe you will still be limited to the assets used in the particular scenario. You can't add Kate to your team in Sc1 because she doesn't exist on that disc.

Ah, I sorta assumed that was the case, but it still kind of sad. It would be great to be able to play the game with a custom Force hand picked from the massive roster. Makes me wonder if something like 12-man marathon would be possible one day, haha.

Edit: I checked this with one of the saves in the FTP and you were, right, I am limited to the Force members present in each disc. I suppose the only way to have a custom Force would be to play Scenario 3 and edit that.
Red_Shine

Postby DomingoRules! » Mon Jun 03 2019 1:26am

I feel like the best benefit to New Game+ would've been the possibility of being able to recruit everybody on a single save. Being able to recruit any characters you weren't able to on the first run because you recruited another.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Dark Rodi » Tue Jun 04 2019 11:52pm

I dont know if you knew but scenario 3 lets you retart game has many times you want while all your inventorie and levels are kept.

Unfornatly the enemies have the same stats. Its not a new game+ but its close to it.
It would soo amazing a game editor for shining force 3 in general, some battles really need some tweaks
Dark Rodi

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby DomingoRules! » Wed Jun 05 2019 5:45am

Dark Rodi wrote:I dont know if you knew but scenario 3 lets you retart game has many times you want while all your inventorie and levels are kept.

Unfornatly the enemies have the same stats. Its not a new game+ but its close to it.
It would soo amazing a game editor for shining force 3 in general, some battles really need some tweaks

What we would really need is a New Game+ feature combined with the Stars from RotDD. Of course, with the stars providing a far more drastic spike in enemy stats, and perhaps also an increase to the maximum level for party members so you don't tap out after just a few runs. Maybe even throw in some Level 5+ spells, or special promotions that start being accessible once characters start hitting the triple digits. Could even add some extra dungeons that are only accessible at those high levels, giving the player some new side quests to seek out on like their third or fourth play through.

With how much of an emphasis there is nowadays on post-game content, or playing a game again with bonuses, I could see something like that being implemented into a more modern Shining Force game where the sky would be the limit in terms of how much content they could squeeze into it.
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to Shining Force III