Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Sc3: Yes, you can get all the items in the minecart ruins

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Sc3: Yes, you can get all the items in the minecart ruins

Postby daveshan » Mon May 06 2019 12:18am

At the battle of Ark Hill are the infamous minecart ruins, the one where you have to run through carts and race against the lone thief to snag high-tier weapons and items.

http://www.celestialdamnation.com/jumes ... f.html#MP5

Everyone always assumes you have to lose at least one item, (everyone one picks to lose the goddess tear) because of how limited your mobility options are. But there's a way to get everything.

The answer is a glitch the thief does if there's no minecart.

To accomplish this, you need at least six characters going into the ruins with one of them able to fly. Once that is set, do the following:

1. Make sure that everyone who can use the sleep spell is able to through their own magic or weapons.

2. Give them the most agility possible: small mithril accessories, quick chickens, high level from the respawning monsters on Ark Hill, etc...

3. Just before they enter the ruins, I don't mean the turn before, I mean the turn of, cast support on everyone with the sleep spell.

4. Make sure all those with sleep and now support are in the first wave of people going into the ruins. Note that, in these ruins, the character investigation the ruins first also enters after the thief cutscene.

5. Save because you may need to save-scum if no one gets the thief to sleep.

6. The thief skips his first turn, which means, if any one of your sleep characters has high enough Agilitiy, they can out-run the thief's 46 Agi and put him to sleep. The hard part is now out of the way.

7. Have three of your characters take the available carts and go after things as normal. Have your flier take the cart series that goes all the way to the end, as you need to fly to get in the room with the dragon rod and running pepper. Have a fourth go after the oriccalcum that's in the first room and leave him there. Have a fifth character off to the side, close to the tracks in the first room, but out of the thief's way. The sixth character blocks the entrance/exit.

8. When the thief wakes up, he should attack the character that grabbed the oriccalcum. Here's where the glitch happens: If the thief ends his turn at the starting end of a minecart, but there's no minecart, the thief will warp to the other end of the track, jump into that minecart, and bring it back to the start.

9. Since, at this point, you should no longer be outrunning the thief (and if you are, unequip your accessory), you should be able to get your fifth character into that minecart the thief brought back.

10. You will now have enough characters to go after every item in the ruins.
Last edited by daveshan on Wed May 08 2019 1:54am, edited 1 time in total.
daveshan

Re: Sc3: Yes, you can get all the items in the minecart ruin

Postby Azzah » Mon May 06 2019 12:47am

Neat! Thanks, Daveshan.
Azzah

Postby Chinagonuk » Mon May 06 2019 2:44pm

Nice discovery. Well done!
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby daveshan » Wed May 08 2019 1:54am

You're welcome, guys.
daveshan

Postby rid1ey » Sun Sep 08 2019 5:10pm

This is cool ...thanks.

Regarding the Dragon Rod found in this ruin ...does an action replay code exist for it? How can I code it into my inventory on actual hardware having missed it? ( ...either using item slots or HQ stock )

actually another few related questions...

are the ruins accessible again in new game plus? ...can I attempt them again and win the loot?

Does the Dragon Rod only appear in Scenario 3?

Mithril weapons are available each chapter ...what factor determines them being 'rare' when selling them back? Surely they are all rare but am I right in thinking some are considered not and when sold they disappear?
Last edited by rid1ey on Sun Sep 08 2019 7:19pm, edited 1 time in total.
Switch Friend code: SW-6146-8724-6311
3DS Friend Code: 1736-1423-5795
Xbox 360 Gamertag: rid1ey
rid1ey

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Rune » Sun Sep 08 2019 6:18pm

If I recall correctly (so count on something here being wrong)...

An action replay code certainly exists for the dragon rod. However, I do not know the code.

You can't redo the ruins on a new game plus. Specifically, the thieves do not respawn.

The dragon rod also appears in scenario 2 during the volcano battle, but you must have spared the baby dragon in scenario 1.

Mithril weapons are all rare and do not disappear from the shop when sold. I do not remember if the deals section of a shop has an inventory limit (like your HQ storage).
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby rid1ey » Sun Sep 08 2019 7:18pm

Rune wrote:If I recall correctly (so count on something here being wrong)...

An action replay code certainly exists for the dragon rod. However, I do not know the code.

You can't redo the ruins on a new game plus. Specifically, the thieves do not respawn.

The dragon rod also appears in scenario 2 during the volcano battle, but you must have spared the baby dragon in scenario 1.

Mithril weapons are all rare and do not disappear from the shop when sold. I do not remember if the deals section of a shop has an inventory limit (like your HQ storage).

Thanks for your reply Rune ...Also I have the code for the Dragon Rod now. All sorted!
rid1ey

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Chinagonuk » Thu Sep 12 2019 8:37pm

Most items are classed as rare. All mithril weapons/accessories etc, life ring swift boots etc, treasure maps, goddess tears, potions are all rare.

Non-rare are basically things you can buy from shops so, standard weapons, battle bracers, herbs etc.

You can tell if you go to sell the item. The merchant gives a different message for rare items. Also if a rare item is sold or even dropped, you can buy it back from tbe deals section.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Force III