Shining Force III: Infinite Respawning Enemies? - Scenario 3

Do they ever stop spawning?

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Moderator: Shining Moderators

Chinagonuk
Shining Member
Shining Member

Infinite Respawning Enemies? - Scenario 3

Post by Chinagonuk »

I’m on Scenario 3, Battle 8. The fight against General Defenda with the cannons. He summons Soldiers and Knights which seem to keep respawning infinitely. Does anyone know if they will ever stop spawning? All similar enemies in Sc1 and Sc2 stop spawning eventually, with the exception of the enemies in the Hero’s Test.

I’ve reached this point on Insane with no deaths and no egress and it could be a problem. My team is standing back allowing the enemies to walk towards me but their AI is quite clever and they all cover each others range which makes it very difficult to progress. I could always finish Defenda with the cannons but I don’t want to cop out that way if possible.

I’m loving the money and EXP i’m getting, but i’m recording this for Youtube and the fight is looking like it will last hours :sleep:
Kalkano
Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Re: Infinite Respawning Enemies? - Scenario 3

Post by Kalkano »

I'm not sure, but I moved everyone to the first spawn point as quickly as possible, and had someone stand in front of the door, before moving to the second spawn point.
Currently Re-Playing: Shining Force 3

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Chinagonuk
Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Infinite Respawning Enemies? - Scenario 3

Post by Chinagonuk »

Thank you for replying. I think i’m going to redo this battle and come better prepared (which means also redoing battle 7 as they are consecutive and I cannot egress). With a couple of Goddess Tears and healing drops, I could last a very, very long time and farm a tonne of much needed gold. Also Gracia will be very powerful for the tough battles comming up.

I’m actually very happy there are battles like this in Sc3 because I know from experience how tough this challenge run could be. I was never truly convinced that it’s even possible to complete Sc3 but it’s starting to look very promising.

I guess i’ll edit out a lot of the grinding for youtube.