Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

What the? Donhort attacks with no weapon?

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

What the? Donhort attacks with no weapon?

Postby Chinagonuk » Mon Jul 16 2018 9:42am

I’m currently attempting an Insane mode, no deaths, no return spell run. I’m on Sc2, the battle with the electric pillars and struggling to keep Donhort alive.

I thought maybe if I unequip his weapon he might not go kamikaze, but I was wrong lol. Amazingly he charged off towards the Masked Knights and was able to attack one of them with an invisible weapon for 1 damage. This must be a glitch as i’m sure i’ve used this tactic before to tame him and he should not be able to attack without a weapon :confused:
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: What the? Donhort attacks with no weapon?

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Jul 16 2018 12:00pm

Personally, I wouldn't count the death of a character you can't control.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Chinagonuk » Mon Jul 16 2018 3:27pm

legalize freedom wrote:Personally, I wouldn't count the death of a character you can't control.

Well if it it’s possible to keep him alive I will. I actually just cleared this battle successfully :)

The next challenge will be convincing him to go down into the basement and not commit suicide by Rainblood. :shock:

I hear from Genma that this is possible lol

EDIT:
Soooo Donhort got across the ice and into the basement. He then proceeded to kamikaze straight towards the boss and get himself slaughtered. :confused:
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby DomingoRules! » Wed Jul 18 2018 6:25pm

I'd have to agree with Legalize Freedom, but all the power to you for the effort to keep him alive. It's just that I feel like such a run would be based around executing very precise and well-thought tactics, which are things a non-controlled character can't cooperate with, and in turn becomes a factor that extends outside the boundaries of the challenge itself. Unless there were some way to consistently manipulate his actions with your own, such as guide him to attack specific enemies, or stick along a certain route even if enemies are within attack range based on what you're doing.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Kalkano » Wed Jul 18 2018 9:03pm

I got Donhort to cross the ice, but he wouldn't go down the stairs. It worked out, since he just sat there "attacking" the water over and over again.

Don Quixote, much?
Currently Playing for the first time: Dragon Quest 11 (PC, with Orchestral Soundtrack Mod)

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently Playing for the first time: Dragon Quest 11 (PC, with Orchestral Soundtrack Mod)

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby Chinagonuk » Thu Jul 19 2018 12:17am

DomingoRules! wrote:I'd have to agree with Legalize Freedom, but all the power to you for the effort to keep him alive. It's just that I feel like such a run would be based around executing very precise and well-thought tactics, which are things a non-controlled character can't cooperate with, and in turn becomes a factor that extends outside the boundaries of the challenge itself. Unless there were some way to consistently manipulate his actions with your own, such as guide him to attack specific enemies, or stick along a certain route even if enemies are within attack range based on what you're doing.

With this playthrough i’m beginning to learn that there are many things you can do to manipulate his AI. It’s not logical and I don’t think it was purposely designed that way, but it’s certainly possible to keep him alive.

Kalkano wrote:I got Donhort to cross the ice, but he wouldn't go down the stairs. It worked out, since he just sat there "attacking" the water over and over again.

Don Quixote, much?

That’s so cool! I wish he did that on my playthrough. I’ve now managed to clear this battle and Donhort is safely on his way to Destonia with no deaths (Hurray!). I’m starting to feel really good about my playthrough again now that I have some mithril weapons. It should be smooth sailing now, at least until Scenario 3.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Force III