Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Request: Can anyone post on YT a small video of SF3 in HD?

Saturn and/or Emulator

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Request: Can anyone post on YT a small video of SF3 in HD?

Postby Pappets » Sun Jun 17 2018 5:30pm

Hello!
Did anyone played Shining Force 3 in HD in the Sega Saturn with a special cable or in the emulator? If yes, can you do a small video and post it on youtube? I would like to see the 3D action scenes in HD and differences between the original and the HD. I'm not sure how it works but it seems to be possible.

Thank you!
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Request: Can anyone post on YT a small video of SF3 in H

Postby Chinagonuk » Sun Jun 17 2018 7:46pm

You could upscale the resolution to 1920x1080 (1080p) with a device such as the XRGB Mini Framemeister then record it in 1080p with an app such as OBS.

However, this would not be the same effect as a game that is rendered in 1080p natively. As the original source is rendered in 240p, the image is never gonna look like a modern day HD image.

I have heard that Yabause has the best options for tweaking the video and making it look as good as possible. Though I have never used it personally so I couldn’t confirm this.

In my opinion, the game looks best using real Saturn hardware, with RGB scart cable, viewed on an old, but high quality CRT TV or monitor (such as a S*ny BVM or Trinitron) at 4:3 scale (not widescreen) on a screen no more than about 22 inches.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Pappets » Sun Jun 17 2018 8:48pm

So those videos that i saw on youtube of Panzer Dragoon Zwei with sharp 3D models is because it was played on the emulator Yabause?
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Chinagonuk » Sun Jun 17 2018 10:03pm

Pappets wrote:So those videos that i saw on youtube of Panzer Dragoon Zwei with sharp 3D models is because it was played on the emulator Yabause?

I’m not sure. Do you have a link to the video on YT?

EDIT: Also the footage could have been from the Mednafen emulator. Apparently it’s the best Saturn emulator these days. Unfortunately my PC is mot powerful enough to run it. I’m hoping i can afford to upgrade next year.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Force III