Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Ssf vs yabause

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Ssf vs yabause

Postby Neutral » Sat Feb 03 2018 4:12pm

I just noticed you can play at much higher resolution on yabause, I've always used ssf but it looks incredible on my pc in open gl at 3440x1440...
Are there any known crash points for sf3 on pc with yabause?
I know ssf is known to be more stable but all it does is stretch the image where yabause is rendering it higher it seems
Neutral

Re: Ssf vs yabause

Postby legalize freedom » Sun Feb 04 2018 5:34am

You can prevent stretching with your video driver settings. For Nividia, in the control panel under Display > Adjust desktop size and position, there is a scaling mode setting. Aspect Ratio is what you want to maintain original aspect. I also set "Perform scaling on" to Display, but if you have an older monitor I'm not sure... These are not the default settings, so that's likely why you get the stretched image.

I haven't used Yabause enough to have any good information, so you are welcomed to share your experiences, esp in light of mednafen which appears to be the hot thing now.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Neutral » Sun Feb 04 2018 4:26pm

I use amd vega 64,I'll Google whatever settings I need
Does mednafen have the same feature in open gl with custom resolution?
When I say image is stretched I mean all it does is triple the window size on ssf
My monitor is an LG 34uc98, the game looks absolutely fantastic in full screen... I'll post a few screen shots when I get a day off
Neutral

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Feb 05 2018 1:25pm

I haven't taken the time to get Mednafen set up, so I'm not sure what all it is capable of. I would be curious of your findings if you do, however.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Neutral » Thu Feb 15 2018 9:45pm

legalize freedom wrote:I haven't taken the time to get Mednafen set up, so I'm not sure what all it is capable of. I would be curious of your findings if you do, however.

Yabause has been replaced by Yaba Sanshiro and it looks really good, been playing STHA which I just bought and it's so good in full HD
Neutral

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Feb 19 2018 1:08pm

A quick search reveals Yaba Sanshiro runs on android. Anyone know the specifics of running it in windows?
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby knight0fdragon » Mon Feb 19 2018 8:48pm

Neutral wrote:
legalize freedom wrote:I haven't taken the time to get Mednafen set up, so I'm not sure what all it is capable of. I would be curious of your findings if you do, however.

Yabause has been replaced by Yaba Sanshiro and it looks really good, been playing STHA which I just bought and it's so good in full HD

Unofficial ports are not replacements
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Neutral » Mon Feb 19 2018 11:24pm

knight0fdragon wrote:
Neutral wrote:

Unofficial ports are not replacements

I read that it actually is the same original dev and name was changed because google play rejected yabause? it's not a replacement
Neutral

Postby legalize freedom » Tue Feb 20 2018 1:23pm

Neutral wrote:Yabause has been replaced by Yaba Sanshiro and it looks really good, been playing STHA which I just bought and it's so good in full HD

So you are running it on android in full HD?
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Neutral » Sun Feb 25 2018 12:40pm

legalize freedom wrote:
Neutral wrote:Yabause has been replaced by Yaba Sanshiro and it looks really good, been playing STHA which I just bought and it's so good in full HD

So you are running it on android in full HD?

Windows at 3440x1440
I have an s8 plus though so I could be running it in my phone under similar circumstances I assume
Neutral

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Feb 26 2018 1:19pm

Are you using an android emulator or does it run straight in windows?
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby knight0fdragon » Tue Feb 27 2018 12:11am

Neutral wrote:I read that it actually is the same original dev and name was changed because google play rejected yabause? it's not a replacement

uoYabause was rejected from the app store, not Yabause. uoYabause was already an unofficial port of Yabouse.
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Neutral » Sun Mar 04 2018 9:21pm

knight0fdragon wrote:
Neutral wrote:I read that it actually is the same original dev and name was changed because google play rejected yabause? it's not a replacement

uoYabause was rejected from the app store, not Yabause. uoYabause was already an unofficial port of Yabouse.

Ah I see, til
Just used ssf in the end because I couldn't be bothered to start over, it does look nice in a higher resolution though
If only ssf supported open gl, and didn't randomly freeze so much
Neutral

Postby Chinagonuk » Mon Mar 05 2018 11:36am

The freezing usually occures when there has been no controller input for a while. You can save state and instantly reload to unfreeze it.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby legalize freedom » Mon Mar 05 2018 12:33pm

Actually, using save states may be the cause of your freezing. I would not recommend using save states in SSF.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Kalkano » Fri Jun 29 2018 3:20am

Neutral wrote:

Necro'd, because I'm here for the first time in about half a year.

THANK YOU for pointing this out! I thought Yabause had just not been updated for a couple of years. Turns out, it changed it's name. I had tried the latest version, and was disappointed that there were still some pretty bad graphical glitches. I gave up, and thought I had to wait another couple of years for more improvements.

Now, I just downloaded the latest version of Yaba Sanshiro, and it's running great! There are still some minor glitches, like seeing water through some cracks in the ground (because I'm running it at 16:9, and yes, that's what I want), but nothing bad.

Going to finally replay this for the first time in a few years. And, the last time I played it, we were on translation versions 13, 14, and 15 (releases as I played each scenario). Very excited!
Currently re-playing: Shining Force 3: Scenario 2

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently re-playing: Shining Force 3: Scenario 2

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby Pappets » Sat Jun 30 2018 5:19pm

I remember the fps of STHA being better on the SSF emulator rather then in the saturn. One location where i clearly saw this was at the entrance of Enrich Town. I hope the fps on Yaba Sanshiro are also good.
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Force III