Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

An Anime Finale (Endgame Spoilers)

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

An Anime Finale (Endgame Spoilers)

Postby DomingoRules! » Wed Jun 14 2017 3:52pm

When playing the final battle, my main strategy for holding off Jane was to simply have Rollie standby with her and keep casting Sleep to totally prevent her from interfering. Looking back at that tactic got me thinking. If Shining Force 3 were converted into an anime, I could totally picture that aspect of the final battle playing out pretty much the same, with Rollie engaging Jane while the others face off against Bulzome. The key difference being that instead of using magic, Rollie would be trying to use her friendship with Jane to try and talk some sense into the enraged woman, while Jane's probably trying to do similar to demand that Rollie stand down. Neither budging an inch, yet not wanting to hurt the other. Maybe ending as the main battle's drawing to a close with Jane finally having enough, and blasting Rollie aside. Then, as Jane murderously makes a beeline for Julian, Donhort steps in at the last second to intercept her charge (receiving serious but nonfatal injuries in the process), his iron will holding her off just long enough for Julian and Gracia to deliver the finishing blow unto Bulzome.
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: An Anime Finale (Endgame Spoilers)

Postby MCRT » Sat Aug 19 2017 2:35pm

nice scenario, but I would not even mind if Donhort receives a fatal injury in this case :D
MCRT

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: An Anime Finale (Endgame Spoilers)

Postby DomingoRules! » Sat Aug 19 2017 3:50pm

I wouldn't mind either (I actually like when heroes can die in stories because it makes it feel like their actions actually have risky consequences, thus making instances of suspense and such actually relevant), but I think his death would possibly distract a bit from the rest of the ending. That, and I was trying to keep it accurate to the game's actual ending, so since Donhort didn't die during that I thought he should survive this hypothetical as well.
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to Shining Force III