Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

A character I'd love to see

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

A character I'd love to see

Postby DomingoRules! » Thu Mar 16 2017 7:17pm

Considering the consistent turn order, and the dependable spell accuracy, I've been thinking (assuming it doesn't actually exist) that a great idea for a ninja character would be one who's spells are purely disruptive. No damage, or support, or anything like that. Just pure utilization of status effects. I was thinking having their spell arsenal be Slow, Dispel, and Confuse. I considered Sleep in place of one of those, but decided against it since its presence would pretty much nullify the usefulness of any of the other possible status spells they could have (except Charm).
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Mr GURVMLK
PSN Account: Mr_GURVMLK
Nintendo ID: Mr_GURVMLK
3DS Friend Code: 1246-8952-3737
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: A character I'd love to see

Postby MCRT » Fri Mar 17 2017 6:29pm

Yeah that would be kinda fitting. But I guess camelot had a comparable ninja image in mind when they created the man special attack of the ninjas (which all cause status ailments)

Also I find they actually distributed the different spells very good in the game, with semi-spellcaster classes like monks and ninjas being the only one that learn mixed spell as well as status/support spells while mages stay mostly offensive and priests learning all healing speals.
MCRT

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Pappets » Fri Mar 17 2017 7:28pm

You can always use a program created by someone of SFC to change anything you want in the characters, except spell power and magic resist, unfortenatly.
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby DomingoRules! » Sat Mar 18 2017 1:00am

My only huge problem with the spell distribution in this game is that almost every wizard seems to learn Spark. I liked the days when each wizard focused on learning a specialty, but now it's just like, "Use whatever wizard you want, you'll still get the best attack spell."

At the same time though, it's nice to not see spaces wasted on too many spells like Sleep and Dispel that a person may not want to use at all, leaving those such spells to choice of weapon rather than just stuffing a wizard like Tao or Kazin with them just to meet a spell quota.
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Pappets » Sat Mar 18 2017 11:50am

I think one of those wizards would be Noon of Synbios battalion (scenario1). He has spark spell but only learns it 'til level 2. And, if i'm not mistaken, in scenario 3, he maintains those levels, he never learns levels 3 and 4. I think he should have drain spell instead of spark. And, also, it would look good on Noon since, when you save him in quonos village, he says he knows dark or black magic.
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby DomingoRules! » Sat Mar 18 2017 7:55pm

Noon only learning Spark Level 2 would be a nice way to balance him out a bit against Masquerin by giving her greater Spark efficiency in exchange for learning the weaker of the two spells between Blaze, and Freeze.

Then again, she also learns Soul Steal, which just seems broken in SF3, save for the fact that one-shotting everything inhibits friendship building.
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby ZethaPonderer » Sat Mar 18 2017 8:03pm

Funny I always thought Domingo and Amigo should've made a comeback in SF3. I thought Domingo was your favorite DomingoRules! ? XD
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby DomingoRules! » Sat Mar 18 2017 10:53pm

My obsession with Domingo is derived not just from how amazing he is, but my history in discovering that amazingness. My friends and I originally dismissed him as garbage because he starts at level 1, yet joins so late. Especially since by that point, you already have both Tao and Anri with superior spells. Then one day when one of us finally decided to give him a try, we realized how wrong we were, and to this day whenever I play Shining Force, I look forward to the moment when he's recruited.
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby ZethaPonderer » Sat Mar 18 2017 11:03pm

Well your experience with Domingo was quite interesting. But, from my first playthrough of SF1 I used Domingo far too often then both Tao and Anri combined. So in my experience Domingo was already my favorite character. He's quite the tank for a pre-promote. Soon I will have my 3 Penguins to take down ninjas and super-bosses in the Premium Disc of SF3 and Scenario 3 in general. If only the Magic Creatures would've made a comeback along with Jogurt that would've been sweet.
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby DomingoRules! » Sun Mar 19 2017 2:53am

The Premium Disc should have a joke battle that pits you against like 50 Jogurts.
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby MCRT » Mon Mar 20 2017 7:53pm

Pappets wrote:You can always use a program created by someone of SFC to change anything you want in the characters, except spell power and magic resist, unfortenatly.

That is not fully true. Spell reistance can freely changed and the spell power affinity can at least be changed, and the game includes a lot of additional spell affinity set's, therefore some customization in this regard is possible.

DomingoRules! wrote:My only huge problem with the spell distribution in this game is that almost every wizard seems to learn Spark. I liked the days when each wizard focused on learning a specialty, but now it's just like, "Use whatever wizard you want, you'll still get the best attack spell."

At the same time though, it's nice to not see spaces wasted on too many spells like Sleep and Dispel that a person may not want to use at all, leaving those such spells to choice of weapon rather than just stuffing a wizard like Tao or Kazin with them just to meet a spell quota.

Yeah, but in the old games this made the some wizards always much better than others. But this may be just again different preferences about character balancing, as I prefer it that everyone counts in SF III.... maybe except Penn and Penko when not powerlevelled

Pappets wrote:I think one of those wizards would be Noon of Synbios battalion (scenario1). He has spark spell but only learns it 'til level 2. And, if i'm not mistaken, in scenario 3, he maintains those levels, he never learns levels 3 and 4. I think he should have drain spell instead of spark. And, also, it would look good on Noon since, when you save him in quonos village, he says he knows dark or black magic.

To make it even worse: all other spellcaster/priests except Uryudo, even those that do not learn spark, have a higher spark affinity as Noon... poor Noon :damnit:
But he has one the second best Dark affinity, so his Tiamat is amazing (you have to train him with Rods anyway to have access to MP regen)

DomingoRules! wrote:The Premium Disc should have a joke battle that pits you against like 50 Jogurts.

That would be truly epic :excited:
MCRT

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby DomingoRules! » Thu Mar 23 2017 11:36pm

MCRT wrote:
DomingoRules! wrote:The Premium Disc should have a joke battle that pits you against like 50 Jogurts.

:idea: And clearing the battle nets you Jogurt's Helmet, an accessory equippable only by Penn, Penko, and Pendolf that does nothing for their stats, but changes their appearance so they're wearing it, and if equipped by Pendolf gives him a Jogurt summon spell. :idea:
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby MCRT » Tue Mar 28 2017 11:06pm

DomingoRules! wrote:
MCRT wrote:

:idea: And clearing the battle nets you Jogurt's Helmet, an accessory equippable only by Penn, Penko, and Pendolf that does nothing for their stats, but changes their appearance so they're wearing it, and if equipped by Pendolf gives him a Jogurt summon spell. :idea:

And when Bulzome is hit by the Jogurt summon his appearance will change into a gigantic Jogurt :eyebrow: :)
MCRT

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby DomingoRules! » Tue Mar 28 2017 11:52pm

Being transformed into a giant Jogurt would still be less shameful than this.

DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby ZethaPonderer » Wed Mar 29 2017 12:08am

That is the most embarrassing and humiliating way for Dark Dragon to die. I demand Jogurt kicks every single boss just like Dark Dragon. :lol:
ZethaPonderer

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby DomingoRules! » Wed Mar 29 2017 12:40am

I'm sure I could have (yes, I'm the one who posted this) since it was during a play through where I was using Jogurt on my main force, but I didn't think about it until I reached Dark Dragon.

Funny thing is, this was totally fate, because I didn't have to set it up at all (aside from waiting for Jogurt's turn). Literally without even trying, I knocked Dark Dragon's last head down to 1 HP, if I recall thanks to a critical hit by Musashi.
DomingoRules!

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Return to Shining Force III