Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force 3 / STHA Hack

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Re: Shining Force 3 / STHA Hack

Postby knight0fdragon » Sat Feb 06 2016 10:52am

is there anything fancy I need to do? or are the files just renamed that are to be patched

nevermind, I see they are very tiny. How does it work, is the first part the address and the second part the word that I need to write per line per file?
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby paul_met » Sat Feb 06 2016 2:01pm

knight0fdragon wrote:is there anything fancy I need to do? or are the files just renamed that are to be patched

nevermind, I see they are very tiny. How does it work, is the first part the address and the second part the word that I need to write per line per file?

What are you trying to do? Do you want that your tool patch the necessary files? Simply use the already patched by placing them in a different directory or renaming. When you build an image of the game your tool should simply replace the desired files, if necessary.
paul_met

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Feb 06 2016 3:24pm

Correct, we will have the patched, ready-to-replace game files in a separate directory (maybe "resolutionfix") and the patcher can grab them there if that option is selected.

If new versions come out, I'll re-patch the game files and we'll be good.
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby knight0fdragon » Sat Feb 06 2016 4:49pm

paul_met wrote:
knight0fdragon wrote:is there anything fancy I need to do? or are the files just renamed that are to be patched

What are you trying to do? Do you want that your tool patch the necessary files? Simply use the already patched by placing them in a different directory or renaming. When you build an image of the game your tool should simply replace the desired files, if necessary.

My goal is to make this new version as simple as possible for the team. Basically I would like it so that all the team would need to do is update your patch files, instead of them having to go through the process of using multiple tools to get a job done
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby paul_met » Tue Feb 09 2016 9:00am

There's a strange problem with the premium disc. With increasing image resolution, there is a bug in gallery - pictures or not displayed at all (it often occurs on Yabause), or do not appear correctly (on SSF). Other menu items work fine.
But I was able to increase the size of the cursor in the gallery. I think it is useful.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paul_met

Postby knight0fdragon » Tue Feb 09 2016 3:38pm

hmm, I wonder how it works on console.

BTW, I was able to apply your patch files with our translation builder, so when we release it you should see a lot more people testing with it.

Do you have any plans on explaining how the Deluxe set was built? I know you said you used a demo disc, but from the videos I read, you are swapping out the IP.bin? does this mean that I need to extract them from all the discs? Because as of right now, the translation project uses the same IP.Bin for all of the scenarios
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby paul_met » Wed Feb 10 2016 6:26am

knight0fdragon wrote:Do you have any plans on explaining how the Deluxe set was built? I know you said you used a demo disc, but from the videos I read, you are swapping out the IP.bin? does this mean that I need to extract them from all the discs? Because as of right now, the translation project uses the same IP.Bin for all of the scenarios

The structure of the demo disc is: IP of the game should be in the root directory and the directory with the same name as that of IP shall contain the game resources (files and folders).
When assembling the Deluxe version I used the IP of your disks.
paul_met

Postby knight0fdragon » Wed Feb 10 2016 2:55pm

ok sounds good, I will have to play around with this and see if symbolic links are supported
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby paul_met » Thu Feb 11 2016 9:54am

Patch for Shining Force 3 Premium CD is available for download: http://www.emu-land.net/forum/index.php/topic,73826.msg1157450.html#msg1157450. Need to test on console.
paul_met

Postby Special T » Thu Feb 11 2016 2:33pm

paul_met wrote:Patch for Shining Force 3 Premium CD is available for download: http://www.emu-land.net/forum/index.php/topic,73826.msg1157450.html#msg1157450. Need to test on console.

Thank you for putting so much time/effort into these hacks. I no longer have a modded saturn to test this on but I'm hoping someone who does will help.
Special T

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby knight0fdragon » Thu Feb 11 2016 6:37pm

Awesome job, I will get this into the build, hopefully when legalize freedom gets back to me with the people having trouble on Windows 10, we can proceed to release the combined works and get some tests going for you.
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby paul_met » Fri Feb 12 2016 5:12am

Special T, knight0fdragon, thanks.
paul_met

Postby legalize freedom » Fri Feb 12 2016 1:33pm

knight0fdragon wrote:Awesome job, I will get this into the build, hopefully when legalize freedom gets back to me with the people having trouble on Windows 10, we can proceed to release the combined works and get some tests going for you.

I PM'd mesmer since he was the one who started the topic, but I don't know who all else was having the issue. He hasn't yet replied. I don't believe he has been a steady visitor for a while. We will probably just want to do a public test of the new patcher once you're happy with it.

I'll test the PD res patch tonight. :thumbsup:
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby knight0fdragon » Fri Feb 12 2016 2:51pm

Yeah sounds good, I will throw the patch into the build when I get home from work, and send you up a new version. I think I will create a github account for this so it is manageable.
knight0fdragon

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby arflech » Fri Apr 22 2016 3:28am

I realize this thread isn't about the Deluxe Collection, but I wasn't able to post in the PSX Planet forum thread where those download links were posted; it looks like the links were last updated in October 2013 (to Yandex Disk, yadi.sk), and now they're dead: http://psxplanet.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=104927

I hope that paul_met reads this message here, if he doesn't get my PM on that forum.
arflech

Postby paul_met » Sat Apr 23 2016 9:15pm

A new version of SFIII Collection Deluxe (if interesting):
https://youtu.be/r-VdJchkfzA

arflech wrote:I realize this thread isn't about the Deluxe Collection, but I wasn't able to post in the PSX Planet forum thread where those download links were posted; it looks like the links were last updated in October 2013 (to Yandex Disk, yadi.sk), and now they're dead: http://psxplanet.ru/forum/showthread.php?p=104927

Link updated.
paul_met

Postby Special T » Mon Apr 25 2016 1:48pm

paul_met wrote:A new version of SFIII Collection Deluxe (if interesting):
https://youtu.be/r-VdJchkfzA

Thanks for keeping us up to date with the latest on your SFIII deluxe project.

knight0fdragon wrote:ok sounds good, I will have to play around with this and see if symbolic links are supported

Just checking to see if you have any news about the symbolic links and whether or not it will allow the games to be combined onto a single disc?
Special T

Shining Member
Shining Member

Previous

Return to Shining Force III