Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Premium disc and difficulty levels?

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Premium disc and difficulty levels?

Postby ingenting » Mon Jan 12 2015 3:52pm

Is there any way to choose a difficulty level for the battles on the premium disc?

Does the difficulty level on the savefile you choose affect the stats of the enemies or anything else?
(if one has normal and another has insane etc.)

Or is there just one difficulty level for the premium disc?

Has not been able to find any info on this.
ingenting

Re: Premium disc and difficulty levels?

Postby Dark Rodi » Tue Jan 13 2015 2:03am

it has been ages seen i have played the premium disk but if my memory serves me right, changing the dificulty is done during batles, just press b and start. You probably also need a complete file.
Dark Rodi

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby waleed020 » Sat Mar 28 2015 8:43am

Does the difficulty level on the savefile you choose affect the stats of the enemies or anything else?
aliiii
aliiii
waleed020

Postby MCRT » Sat Oct 10 2015 4:39pm

The difficulty can be changed anytime once you have a completed file, so loading from another file should not change the difficulty of the newly started game. The increased difficulty makes the enemy stats higher (on Insane IIRC they have 150% higher Att and Def)
MCRT

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lord Kane » Mon Oct 12 2015 8:38am

The stat boost is only 50% for ATT and DEF, but that's "insane" enough. :)
Lord Kane

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby MCRT » Fri Oct 16 2015 12:52pm

Lord Kane wrote:The stat boost is only 50% for ATT and DEF, but that's "insane" enough. :)

Well, that was actually what i wanted to say (that they have 150% from 100% they have on normal), but well looking at my sentence I maybe formulated it a little bit confusing :damnit:
MCRT

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby ShiningFan4Lyfe » Thu Apr 04 2019 1:19pm

So I recently challenged myself to attempt the Premium Disc battles using only a Sc1 completed save file...and with only Sc1 characters, no 3rd promotions, all characters with levels in the high 20s, max weapon levels, weapon swapping for optimal weapon effects and resistances during each battle, the best healing items on every character, and Masquirin strictly as backup Aura 1/Aura 2 user with Holy Ankh for big bosses, I actually was able to beat the entire Premium Disc with all 12 characters alive at the end with very few resets.

Since doing so, I've been researching whether or not you ACTUALLY can change the difficulty for Premium Disc battles (i.e. Normal, Hard, Difficult, Insane)...though after reading through the entirety of SFCentral forums...the answer still seems a bit unclear...

Does anyone actually have a definite answer/verification of this...? For instance, can you play Premium Disc battles on Insane difficulty - giving all the bosses +50% ATK & +50% DEF...?

I'm trying to obtain a concrete YES or NO, as I did not see an option to change the difficulty setting in the START menu during any of the battles at all when playing with my Sc1 completed save file. I would really like to attempt the Premium Disc battles on Insane difficulty after replaying and completing all three scenarios on Insane difficulty for the first time. ;-)

Postby Lord Kane » Sun Apr 07 2019 7:20pm

Yes, you can! You only have to own a completed Premium Disk save file. ;)
Lord Kane

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby ShiningFan4Lyfe » Mon Apr 08 2019 9:08am

Lord Kane wrote:Yes, you can! You only have to own a completed Premium Disk save file. ;)

Thanks for the reply! Is that really true?? For the life of me, I don't recall ever getting an option to save a game file after beating the last Premium Disc boss though...did I just miss it?

Postby Lord Kane » Sun Apr 14 2019 4:44pm

At least I'm 100% sure, that I played Premium Disk on "Hard"-difficulty so it must be possible!
Lord Kane

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Force III