Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Difficulty Levels Question

- Selecting Difficulty for the Games -

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Re: Difficulty Levels Question

Postby Chinagonuk » Sun Jul 14 2019 8:41pm

thepeaguy wrote:Is it even possible to recruit new allies from various battles on Insanity difficulty? I remember one particular battle where you have to rescue Irene to recruit her gave me a lot of trouble.

It is technically 'possible' to save Irene but requires her to block at least one attack. She's the only character that should give you trouble.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Nuburan » Tue Jul 16 2019 8:18pm

It's been a while since I last did the Irene battle on insane, but my recollection is that you can use certain characters in certain placements to draw off the flyers, and you can send your fastest characters through the crates to recruit Irene and equip her with a steel bracer. If you then egress, she will keep the item, making future attempts easier. There is still some luck involved, however.
Nuburan

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby thepeaguy » Thu Jul 18 2019 12:53am

Nuburan wrote:It's been a while since I last did the Irene battle on insane, but my recollection is that you can use certain characters in certain placements to draw off the flyers, and you can send your fastest characters through the crates to recruit Irene and equip her with a steel bracer. If you then egress, she will keep the item, making future attempts easier. There is still some luck involved, however.

How about power leveling Grace so she can use Aura 4? Would that also work?

@Chinagonuk Shit, you're from my neck of the woods! Lol.
thepeaguy

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Chinagonuk » Fri Jul 19 2019 6:11pm

Oh, ah mucker lol. Which part of Brizzle you from? I’m from Lawrence Weston, round by Shirehampton and Avonmouth.

Yeah you can grind Grace to do it but that’s long. Best method in my opinion is to save scum til she blocks. Either that or you can just change back to normal difficulty for that one battle and play the rest on Insane.

I’m in the process of doing a youtube LP / Battle Walkthrough for an Insane mode, no death, no Return spell playthrough. I’ll hopefully be ready to upload it sometime soon.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby thepeaguy » Mon Jul 22 2019 12:05am

Chinagonuk wrote:Oh, ah mucker lol. Which part of Brizzle you from? I’m from Lawrence Weston, round by Shirehampton and Avonmouth.

Bemmie/Bedminster. South Bristol.

It's becoming gentrified, but that's another story for another day.

I think I went to The Vue a few times in Lawrence Weston.

Yeah you can grind Grace to do it but that’s long. Best method in my opinion is to save scum til she blocks. Either that or you can just change back to normal difficulty for that one battle and play the rest on Insane.

I’m in the process of doing a youtube LP / Battle Walkthrough for an Insane mode, no death, no Return spell playthrough. I’ll hopefully be ready to upload it sometime soon.

I was thinking of speeding up the game via emulation to quickly finish the process of acquiring Grace's Aura 4.

I might go back to SFIII if I can find a good emulator and grab the scenarios illegally. I sold the trilogy ages ago.
thepeaguy

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Chinagonuk » Mon Jul 22 2019 10:14pm

thepeaguy wrote:I was thinking of speeding up the game via emulation to quickly finish the process of acquiring Grace's Aura 4.

I might go back to SFIII if I can find a good emulator and grab the scenarios illegally. I sold the trilogy ages ago.

I just PM'd you. Also I forgot to mention, you can use the SF3 save file editor (download is in the sticky posts) to edit Irenes stats as a real quick way to get past this part. Then change them back when you're done.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Pappets » Wed Jul 24 2019 6:01am

thepeaguy wrote:Is it even possible to recruit new allies from various battles on Insanity difficulty? I remember one particular battle where you have to rescue Irene to recruit her gave me a lot of trouble.

I don't know why, but I've been thinking about SFIII a lot lately. Sorry for the random question. Haha.

It is not possible to save Irene in insane difficulty, unless she is only hit once and blocks all the other attacks on her (2 or 3 I don't remeber exactly how many) until she is rescued by Synbios battalion. And, if I'm not mistaken, she can only be saved in standard difficulty.
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
It seems that little by little the innovators are coming back to Sega.
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
It seems that little by little the innovators are coming back to Sega.
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Previous

Return to Shining Force III