Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force 3 Savefile Editor - Current Ver 0.85

Last updated: 26/07/2010

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Re: Shining Force 3 Savefile Editor - Current Ver 0.85

Postby BoneIdol » Sun Feb 27 2011 4:25pm

I'd like to ask you all a question in regards to the user interface. I've been toying with ideas to cut down on the amount of windows in the program and would like to know your opinions. I was thinking about splitting it all up into tabs... sort of like this:

Forgive the unfinished-ness of the UI, I've mostly been rewriting the code... its only now that I've started thinking of the UI. You may also want to right click -> view image, to view it at its actual size.

Would that be an improvement or a step backwards do you think?
BoneIdol

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Kazgaroth » Sun Feb 27 2011 6:01pm

Looks good, I don't see how it could be a step back.
Kazgaroth

The Scarlet Pimpernel
Shining Legend

Postby SERPH » Tue Mar 01 2011 1:36am

yes... its look so so

:D
SERPH

Postby Kazgaroth » Sat Mar 12 2011 2:34pm

So I added an extra turn to both Murasame and Hagane to balance their relatively weak stats, and besides being able to hit and run in awesome ways, it made me wonder, how is the agility of further turns calculated?
Kazgaroth

The Scarlet Pimpernel
Shining Legend

Postby Rusty » Tue May 17 2011 1:04pm

This needs a sticky. Or a new topic. Either one. Right now, I'll give it a sticky.
Rusty

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Lord Kane » Tue May 17 2011 6:27pm

Great editor so far, BoneIdol!! :thumbsup:

There is one attribute you can't edit at the moment: the magic proficiencies for each element and character. Can this also be added in future?

And what about the enemies? As far as I know, as soon as you enter a battle, the enemy attributes are saved in the save file. So these should theoratically also be editable, right?

*edit*
Sorry, I thought I had already the latest version, but I hadn't . Really awesome work!! :excited:
Lord Kane

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Kokoro » Thu Aug 11 2011 6:44am

I just noticed i forgot to pick the chicken in the train, but now i am in vagabond already!

Could be possible to edit the file to let game think i feed the chicken in that train so i will get pen later?

It would be amazing if your software could adjust such things! Thanks for any replies :)

Oh, and sorry if i said something wrong, i m quite new around here.

EDIT: wow! It worked! :excited:
So easy and intuitive, you just saved my game save! Notice the joke i made with words? :)

Anyway really amazing application Boneldol, my hat off for you.

EDIT2: the new UI looks cleaner and more professional. Hope to see it soon.
Kokoro

Postby seniyajw » Tue Aug 16 2011 7:24am

I have yet to see on stage II and III of unique weapons. I have no idea how I'm going to try the kind of magic, however, the amount of damage to the window table does not change, I think. This could be a problem.
Here are links that might be useful:Tera Items Buy Tera Gold RS Gold Buy RS Gold
Here are links that might be useful:Tera Items Buy Tera Gold RS Gold Buy RS Gold
seniyajw

Postby Jode » Wed Sep 21 2011 7:32pm

You'll be glad to know that i have finally got round to doing scenario 2 and 3 just about half way through scenario 2 right now. Will let you know of any bugs i come across.
Jode

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Kokoro » Mon Sep 26 2011 10:07am

BoneIdol wrote:Bad news, looks like it can't be done in the save editor. Good news; it can't be done in the save editor yet. Thanks to you bring this up, I've identified an extra byte used to store AI properties. If you whang me your save over I'd be happy to make Donhort controllable with a hex editor. Email is leons87[AT]hotmail[DOT]com.

Is this feature available for all forum users? I would be happy to stop Donhort from being... useless! :excited:

So, could i send you the save file? Thanks for any reply! :)

EDIT:

Looks like the save file editor does not work with scenario 2 V12 patch version.

Characters names are screwed and when i tried to add brave apples (to level Penko to get promoted) the game get locked as soon as i access the status window.

Am i doing something wrong?

Sorry if i am asking dumb questions, i m just a newbie here :(
Kokoro

Postby Kurama » Thu Oct 20 2011 2:14pm

i dont know why but i cant open my save from Scenario 2 with patch translation, i got a error and the SaveFileEditor 0.85
i am Running the game on SSF 12 and always get this crash.
anyone have the same problem?
WARNING: SPOILER!

Link for Image
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/7527/errorxa.jpg
Kurama

Postby Ωbright » Sat Oct 22 2011 6:07am

I know I'm late to the party, but I can't believe this!

What a cool thing...GOOD WORK!!
Last edited by Ωbright on Sat Oct 22 2011 9:02pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ωbright

Postby Kokoro » Sat Oct 22 2011 11:50am

Yey! The bug does not happen when trying to edit a scenario 3 save file! :)
Kokoro

Postby Tarrus » Thu Oct 27 2011 9:18am

Hi guys,

I wrote a private massage to BoneIdol because I need help with a game saving, but I think that someone else could help me.

I am at the final chapter of SF3 Scenario 3 and, when I try to load my game, SSF give me the error "Cartridge is not ready etc etc".
I see in the forum that ShiningForce3SaveEditor can solve my problem and I download it.

When I try to open my External backup RAM file, the program inform me that it can't open the file cause the following message:
BLOCKS TOTAL: 8192
BLOCKS USED: 13640
BLOCKS FREE: -5448

I was in the last chapter and I hope that I can save my External backup RAM to continue my game.

Yesterday I try to start the game but SSF didn't find my External backup RAM and it didn't give me the message of "Cartridge is not ready etc etc". It appears the menu and I can only create a new game!

Pls help!!!

P.S.: sorry for my bad english :(
Tarrus

Postby Shining Hopeful » Wed Nov 02 2011 3:36pm

This sounds great, I'm late to this too. I gave up playing Scenario 3 six months ago because I could not get past the battle where the little priest kid is marooned in the sand, there are constant-spawn monsters, and if he's surrounded/killed you're done. Despite double-figures in attempts I kept losing and eventually said f*ck it.

My question now is, how do I use this to best get past the battle. I've downloaded it but I don't really understand how it works, and I don't want to change things that 'shouldn't' be. I don't really remember any specifics about the game or characters any more, but I did add Robby the robot to my reserve team, as I did remember I did not get him, though I haven't re-played the game since to see if my new save is okay or not.

Basically, I couldn't care less about 'spoiling' the challenge of the remainder of the game, I just want to be done with it now, though at the same time I want to have at least completed it once. I'm afraid at my age my time/patience only really stretches to Shining Force and SFII now.

With grateful thanks to BoneIdol for making this and giving us lesser mortals a second chance.
Shining Hopeful

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Tarrus » Thu Nov 03 2011 1:47pm

We are in the same condition.
I would like to start the game from Marky battle, but if i check the flags of the scenarios and select the Marky battle in the location, the game start in that location but not with that battle (in my case, I start the battle in Marky location but I have to fight in the Destonia harbour battle...that is my last save in the new game).

I don't undestand if it is possible start a new game in the battle that I choose or not...
Tarrus

Postby Shining Hopeful » Thu Nov 03 2011 3:05pm

Got the editor to work, only to find the second trial is a bigger pain than the first. Read an FAQ, tried that, still got nowhere. Decided to skip it entirely with the editor. Next battle in the snow, reappearing icicles, what?

Suddenly recalled why I stopped playing this six months ago, deleted it. I got through Scenario 1 and 2 okay, though with a good few niggles, but the third disc just seems a giant pain, fun factor non-existent. Still grateful for the opportunity to use the editor. which is very good, but it just didn't solve the annoyance factor of the third disc. Years ago when only part one came out, I though I'd really missed out, now I know I didn't.

I think Shining Force and SF2 were really the cream of the crop; darkness is too boring, Holy Ark is great until the East Shrine and final battles, and SF3 is okay in terms of being turn-based, but there are way too many fiddly battles, unsavable NPCs, the uncatchable thieves in ruins, characters you don't get by failing to save those unsavable NPCS, the gripes are just too numerous for even the wonderful music and graphics to make up for.

Sorry fellow Shining community members, but when it comes to it I only like two Shining games.
Shining Hopeful

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Kokoro » Wed Nov 09 2011 9:50am

Really? You saying it is too hard? :confused:

If you are talking about the first trial, you just need to stay still, the boss will come to your force with two chimera and you will kill them. Piece of cake.
If you want to take the ruin treasures just use the railroad and enemies won't spawn anymore. Easy as that.
Also, that battle is awesome to grind xp of friendship status, i loved that! It's just unusual cause you need to stand still to win it, but when it comes to diversity is always a good thing in a 3 discs game, isn't it?

Are you by any chance using the translated version? Cause when you ask for advice Benetram clearly states to stay on hold on that battle... and that counts for the second trial too, the robots will move forth by 5 squares or stop when toucing someone to turn right. Nothing is really hard there either.

Guess you were a bit bored or in a bad mood, you should try again cause this game just rocks! :thumbsup:

Good luck!
Kokoro

Postby Shining Hopeful » Thu Nov 10 2011 2:41am

No, did the first trial. Second trial my team got obliterated long before they could re-direct the clay whatsits. I was playing the translated version, can't read Japanese.

I was both bored and in a bad mood, and the game put me there. I even used the editor to skip the second trial, I got that sick of watching my team lose. Then the constant regenerating ice in the next battle put me over the edge, and I wiped all three scenarios for good.

I've now quit on Shining in the Darkness and SF3, finished Holy Ark but will never go back to it. I still love Shining Force and Shining Force II, and am currently giving SF-CD another look. SF3 just had a catalogue of increasing niggles that bugged me to the point where I did not want to bother finishing it, nor could I honestly see myself even being able to do so. Great music, great graphics, story and characters, but the minuses outweigh all of that.

So yes, it was too hard, on the third disc anyway, though I did get through discs one and two without getting stuck.
Shining Hopeful

Shining Hero
Shining Hero

Postby Kokoro » Mon Nov 14 2011 12:12pm

Shining force CD is also awesome! Maybe at same level as SF2 :thumbsup:
I stand on a different opinion for SF3, but i respect your bad experience with that one.

Has BoneIdol gone? :( I'd like to ask him something (you can guess what if you read the topic i opened).
Kokoro

PreviousNext

Return to Shining Force III