Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Action Replay/Game Shark Codes

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Action Replay/Game Shark Codes

Postby rid1ey » Tue Nov 06 2018 3:40pm

Is there an invincibility code for your Force only (not like the one hit kill code that works for both sides)

The one hit kill code also to my knowledge mucks around with EXP gains and kill ratio. Any other known side effects?
Switch Friend code: SW-6146-8724-6311
3DS Friend Code: 1736-1423-5795
Xbox 360 Gamertag: rid1ey
rid1ey

Shining Member
Shining Member

Re: Action Replay/Game Shark Codes

Postby Kalkano » Wed Nov 07 2018 9:38pm

This is the best place I've found for cheats for this game (and scenarios 2 & 3):

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/saturn/19 ... faqs/61961

You'd probably have to just give each individual character an insane amount of HP.
Currently Playing for the first time: Dragon Quest 11 (PC, with Orchestral Soundtrack Mod)

Shining Force 3: Chronology (YouTube Series Here)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Currently Playing for the first time: Dragon Quest 11 (PC, with Orchestral Soundtrack Mod)

"Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No hidden meanings. No hidden agendas. As honesty and integrity characterize our lives there will be no need to manipulate others."
Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby rid1ey » Thu Nov 08 2018 9:00am

that is unfortunate about no one way invincibility temp code... I don't wish to mess around with stats so everything stays true to a non Action Replay coded playthrough.

I did all this last year and had my team mass levelled late promotion best weapons and my my save file corrupted. I now have that data link cable so can back up my saves.

I've had these games since they were released and have made the English patched versions which I'm saving to for another playthrough with alternative characters on different save file.

I kinda hoped I could one hit kill each colosus I could leave my teams round taros to attack away idle get the best hero sword and repeat with each force.

I don't wish to code in multiple brave apples as the stats won't match with the kill ratio in each character. Bit OCD lol
rid1ey

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Chinagonuk » Thu Nov 08 2018 7:23pm

You could change the colossi’s luck to 1 and give all your guys 4 specials which induce Insta-death.

EDIT: On second thought, not sure if you could find the action replay codes for enemy stats. I know you can do it with the save file editor.

EDIT AGAIN: I just realised that was a silly idea. If you’re gonna change enemy stats, may as well just give them 1hp lol
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Kalkano » Sat Nov 10 2018 12:31am

I should also mention that action replay is not the only way to cheat on a Saturn emulator (if you're using an emulator). I used a "manual trainer" for PC. I'm not at home, and can't remember the name of it. But, a site that makes a bunch of trainers for PC games made a generic trainer program.

For example, if you wanted to change Taros' HP to 1, you'd first enter his current HP into the program and search for it. It would come up with all values that match, and you continue to search within those results over and over until there's only one value left. Even though his HP starts at "???", you can still do it. There's an option for "unknown value", where the following searches you just tell it if the value "dropped/rose/stayed the same". So, you'd search for an unknown value, then attack him, then search for a decreased value, and keep doing that until you find it and change it to 1.

Long-winded, but it's actually really easy once you have the program. I can't remember what it's called. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Kalkano

Shining Commander
Shining Hero

Postby rid1ey » Sun Nov 11 2018 11:59am

Thanks for your reply - I'm using an actual Saturn
rid1ey

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Chinagonuk » Sun Nov 11 2018 1:34pm

If all else fails, i have a great (if cheap) strat for the battle in question. Once the Arch Demon’s have been taken care of, a mage holding a Dragon Rod can tank a colossus’s Inferno 2 spell with ease, even without Resist.

For the 2 corner Colossi, have your mage stand on the corner platform and aggro a Colossus. Not from the corner square but from an adjacent square. The Colossus will move 1 square over and cast Inferno until it’s MP runs too low and here it will stay until someone moves into phyical attack range or the lower level. From this position you can have 3 archers pummel the Colossus with impunity.

For the remaining Colossus, have the mage stand at the top of the ramp, with everyone else stood back out of range. From here, the Colossus will use up it’s MP and only use physical attacks if someone walks down onto the ramp. So when the MP is gone, have everyone surround the Colossus and zerg it.

Taros himself is not too difficult, it just takes a while to beat down his 5000hp. You could defeat him in a similarly cheap fashion using ranged attackers only, but I prefer to surround him and use Slow/Attack spells to zerg him. By this point you probably have spare Healing Rains and Hope Lights you can make use of if need be.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby rid1ey » Mon Nov 12 2018 8:58am

thanks for the strategy ...nice one!

do you know if Basanda(Goddess Tear), Braff(Photon Blade) , Fiale(Silver Circlet), Dessheren(Power Undies) and Goliate(Loincloth) drop their rare each time they are defeated or only once?
rid1ey

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Lord Kane » Sun Nov 18 2018 10:51pm

They should drop it each time they are defeated. ;)
Lord Kane

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Force III