Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Scenario 3 Final Chapter Game Freeze

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Scenario 3 Final Chapter Game Freeze

Postby gaussplus » Fri Sep 14 2018 4:02pm

The problem I'm having is that the game freezes just before the final battle(s) start with the Synbios army in the final chapter. I first ran into this problem using Yaba Sanshiro (uoYabause) but it also happens on the PC with SSF (v0.12 Beta R4) in the exact same spot.

In SSF I get this error:

Error

MasterSH2 code = FFFF
009D0000 : (FFFF) Unknown code

SlaveSH2 code = 6010
06015828 : (6010) MOV.B @R1,R0

68000 code = 4E75
0000119A : (4E75) RTS
SH2 Unknown code : 0000

This takes place on both the original and patched/translated versions, same spot, same result. I've tried using different bios's, all compatibly settings on SSF, using bin/cue and iso, nothing seems to get past this freeze.

The only thing I can think of is that it's the game save but this issue doesn't happen anywhere else in the game or in scenarios 1 and 2.

Thank you.

Never mind, figured it out. It was indeed the save file, must've accidentally changed the turn value in the save game editor. Set it back to 1, no more freezing.
gaussplus

Re: Scenario 3 Final Chapter Game Freeze

Postby legalize freedom » Sat Sep 15 2018 12:55pm

I'm glad you got it figured out, but frankly, the fact that you edited the save file should have been shared earlier. That's a big red flag. ;)
legalize freedom

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Re: Scenario 3 Final Chapter Game Freeze

Postby gaussplus » Sat Sep 15 2018 6:56pm

Yeah sorry about that, definitely consequential. I was using the editor to help convert save files between the two platforms didn't realize that I had accidentally changed that value somewhere along the line. Duly noted on my part for future playthroughs.
gaussplus

Return to Shining Force III