Welcome to the Shining Force Central Forums!
SFC Forums Index Shining Forums Shining Force III
Register for your free forum account now or Login to remove this advert.

Shining Force 3 Scenario 2 Help!

Can't find the Dungeon Key

Incorporating Scenarios 1, 2, 3 and the Premium Disc, all in one handy board!

Shining Force 3 Scenario 2 Help!

Postby Emmett The Crab » Tue Feb 13 2018 5:02am

I’m playing the translation, back in Saraband and we have to sneak into the palace to rescue the team. We got Crewart’s Dungeon key, but it went to Zero and he flew off. In the dialogue Syntesis said she had it, but she doesn’t. What do I do? I can’t get in.

Re: Shining Force 3 Scenario 2 Help!

Postby Pappets » Tue Feb 13 2018 11:59am

u might have the key in the general inventory in the your HQ. just talk to your adviser.
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
The vandals took over Sega but someday the innovators will come again and reclaim the throne!
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Emmett The Crab » Wed Feb 14 2018 5:47am

I did that, but all that was there was the Barrand Key.

Postby Swalchy » Thu Feb 15 2018 11:31am

Would you be able to share your save file with us at all?

It might be in the item shop deals section.

I'm afraid I've never had this issue, so can't really help other than that suggestion!
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Salibu: 20/08/10 wrote:You have all been Swalched.

Damn I've been here a long f*cking time...
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Pappets » Thu Feb 15 2018 5:52pm

Use the Shining Force 3 save editor and get the key.
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Emmett The Crab » Sat Feb 17 2018 4:23am

Pappets wrote:Use the Shining Force 3 save editor and get the key.

How does that work? Do you edit it in Windows, or is it some kind of CD you burn for the Saturn? I have a Mac and a Saturn, and I don’t emulate.

Postby Rune » Sat Feb 17 2018 5:38pm

The key should be there somewhere, but you may have overlooked it. Do a careful check of your characters' inventory, the storage inventory, and the deals section.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Emmett The Crab » Sat Feb 17 2018 6:57pm

Rune wrote:The key should be there somewhere, but you may have overlooked it. Do a careful check of your characters' inventory, the storage inventory, and the deals section.

Well I’ll take a look again, but I’ve used an original JP disc and a translation CDR and checked all my characters’ inventory, and the storage inventory. The only key is the “Barrand Key” but not the dungeon key. I’ve never checked the deals, but I can’t imagine it would be there, unless I sold it when I was half asleep. I’ll do that.

... Okay, I checked every player’s inventory, the team’s inventory (There’s the Barrand Key, but no Dungeon key) and the deals section for the weapons dealer and the item shop. It’s not there. This is frustrating as hell. I must have hit just the right circumstances. I think Medion did the final blow on Crewart, ihis inventory was full so it went to Zero, then Zero flew away to meet up with Synbios before I could get to the inventory. I’m at a loss, and starting to come to terms with the fact that I will probably have to start the game over.
Last edited by Emmett The Crab on Sat Feb 17 2018 9:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Rune » Sat Feb 17 2018 7:57pm

Other than that, I the only thing I can think of is maybe there's a typo and the barrand key is actually the key you need.
Bury me with my money.
Bury me with my money.
Rune

Shut the feck up fatty.
Shining Legend

Postby Pappets » Sat Feb 17 2018 8:13pm

According to wolfgangarchive website the name of that key is "secret key". And it's white. Are you sure you don't have it? Here is the link to that page:

http://www.wolfgangarchive.com/sf3_new/index.html

Hope this helps.
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Emmett The Crab » Sat Feb 17 2018 9:07pm

Rune wrote:Other than that, I the only thing I can think of is maybe there's a typo and the barrand key is actually the key you need.

That was the first thing I tried. Since I’ve been using old players guides that name things differently, I just assumed the Barand key was it, but I tried it and it has no effect. Thne Barrant key is blue.

If anyone knows an Action Replay code I can use to get the secret key, I would be eternally grateful.

Postby Chinagonuk » Sun Feb 18 2018 10:45am

Ok so i’ve just loaded a save on my emulator, from the translation website FTP. The save is at the point where your comrades have been improsoned. The key you need is called the secret key (although the name may have changed with different translation patches). It is a white key with 2 prongs on the end of it. (Not the blue one). If you go to your status screen and go to items and highlight it, the description should say (the key that crewart dropped). To ensure you use it properly, go to the spot on the wall where crewart went through and press the A or C button to get the message ‘there is a hole in the wall’. This will ensure you are standing in the correct spot. Then you can go to items > use and use the key to go through.

EDIT

There is an excellent GameFAQs guide to action replay codes for this game. You should be able to find a code to either give one of your players tge key and/or put it in your HQ inventory.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Emmett The Crab » Mon Feb 19 2018 3:10am

Chinagonuk wrote:Ok so i’ve just loaded a save on my emulator, from the translation website FTP. The save is at the point where your comrades have been improsoned. The key you need is called the secret key (although the name may have changed with different translation patches). It is a white key with 2 prongs on the end of it. (Not the blue one). If you go to your status screen and go to items and highlight it, the description should say (the key that crewart dropped). To ensure you use it properly, go to the spot on the wall where crewart went through and press the A or C button to get the message ‘there is a hole in the wall’. This will ensure you are standing in the correct spot. Then you can go to items > use and use the key to go through.

EDIT

There is an excellent GameFAQs guide to action replay codes for this game. You should be able to find a code to either give one of your players tge key and/or put it in your HQ inventory.

I've been past this point in the game before. I do know how to use the key, like I said above. I just don't have it. I found the GameFAQ site, but I don't get how I would put that key into the inventory. https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/saturn/198624-shining-force-iii-scenario-2-nerawareta-miko/faqs/61962

I've found a code for what they call Crewart's Key, and I think that would be 36030912 0001 but the Action Replay is asking for a Master Key first, and I don't know what to put in there for that.

Postby Chinagonuk » Mon Feb 19 2018 6:15am

Master code: F6000924 FFFF

To put the key into HQ: 36030912 0001
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Emmett The Crab » Mon Feb 19 2018 11:17pm

Well I entered the Action Replay code with the JP disc, because I'm using a modded action replay to play the translation, and it worked, the key was there! I gave it to Syntesis, and surprisingly there was still on there in the group inventory after I took it. I thought that was weird, and moved on. I went to the church and saved my game so I could switch back to translated, and when I tried to reload, it showed that the save-game was unsalvageable. So now I'm starting the game over again. It's a good thing this game is fun, except for searching all the houses over again.

Postby Pappets » Tue Feb 20 2018 4:25pm

That is sad. You have to start the game all over again. Yep, SF3 is fun.
Pappets

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Swalchy » Wed Feb 21 2018 12:55am

Whilst it's certainly annoying to have to play through all the battles again (albeit Scenario 2 has some of the most interesting battles in Shining Force 3), it's nice to know that even after 20+ years of playing this game, there's still something I had no idea could happen!

Though in this case, probably good to not to try and repeat it D:
The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

The Way To Yahuweh
Dead Sea Scroll Images
Latest Update Post

Swalchy

Shining Legend
Shining Legend

Postby Emmett The Crab » Thu Feb 22 2018 12:03am

I'm going to make sure whoever kills Crewart drops one of their healing herbs first, and is not going to leave right after the batter (Zero, Julian, or that old Centaur guy that you can't control).

Postby Chinagonuk » Thu Feb 22 2018 8:30pm

It’s also a great idea to backup your saves. When i used to play on saturn hardware i would make a system save after each session then copy it to the action replay cart.
Chinagonuk

Shining Member
Shining Member

Postby Dark Rodi » Sat Mar 03 2018 1:06am

Actually its possible for creward not drop the key even if the caracter inventory is clean.

If creward dies from a counter he wont drop the key... Making the game unbeatable .

Its nice you got the key back, enjoy the rest of the game ^^
Dark Rodi

Shining Member
Shining Member

Return to Shining Force III